Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,043,605 times

Advertisements

I like the commercial. I like the concept. I read horrid reviews of the actual blender, but I get good ideas of things to make in my cheapo juicer.

BUT,
it irks me no end that he puts people in the audience asking questions of Sylvia Brown about cancer and sick relatives and then Montel (quite perfectly timed) uses the blender to promote better health to save yourself against cancer. I mean really, is the addition of Sylvia needed? Anyone can sit up there and spew that without hiding under the guise of psychic.

One has nothing to do with the other. It just makes me nuts and I don't think I am explaining it right. I know it is a show and the audience is a setup and so are the questions, but still.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 03:14 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,696,719 times
Quite honestly, they will do whatever it takes to sell the product. Unless she is backing him on this blender and/or has money invested in it and that was part of the deal. Who knows. It amazes me that all these stars come out with their own equipment

Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
I think after he hawked off the fast cash/pay loan advance scam.....he's lost a lot of respect. The site he is referring to doesn't even make loans. They are a big brokerage firm that sends your private information to hundreds of sites on the internet. There is always an appropriate time to take a loan if you need one.....but this certainly wouldn't be the place. He should know better.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
I'm sorry but Montel Williams has always had a charlatan "ICK" factor going on.

-his phony, moneygrabbing "psychic sidekick" Sylvia Brown

-the stripper ex-wife

-talks about being responsible and caring father but his kids state otherwise including the fact that he owes back child support and has decided to not have a relationship with them
TV star Montel Williams' two kids Montel and Wyntergrace say he's 'like a stranger' to them

- endorsing and joining (as spokesperson) the predatory lending company Money Mutual
Montel Williams is the New Face of Predatory Lending | RaceWire

- pushing rip-off and worthless Obama coins
Obama Collector's Coins Turn Out To Be Stickers Stuck On Regular Coins - The Consumerist
Montel Williams hawks worthless Obama coins

- pushing a showdy, health blender which was been getting many complaints for being defective: leaking and a very short life; customers are also having a problem with getting refunds for the defective blender plus the company charges the buyer ($25 to 54) to send out a new blender or won't refund at all

Old 06-23-2010, 01:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,300,380 times
I hope no one buys that blender. They try to make it look like a Vitamix, but it is nothing like it. I have a cheapo Jack LaLanne Healthmaster we bought a few year ago. Used it for 3 years. Got tired of it not blending certain veggies. So got a BlendTec instead. That thing is great.
Apparently Montel Williams got the rights to the name Healthmaster and made a cheaper imitation of the old Jack LaLanne one, then went hawking it on infomercials. When they show the blender in their TV promo's, it is different inside than the one people actually get. A cheapie knockoff probably made in China. Buyer beware!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:31 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,043,605 times
Jack LaLanne one broke after 3 uses. I returned it and got a cheap $30 one just to have one until I figured out what I really wanted to do. I was so mad.

So many bad reviews for the Health Master. I wouldn't buy it.

I was looking at BlendTec. I need one to chop kale and spinach and celery without having a celery chunk smoothy. I was thinking of this and then straining it when I just want juice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV