Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:46 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,245,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i thought three rivers got cancelled?
I thought it was cancelled too, but I stumbled across new episodes OnDemand last week.

It's actually getting BETTER! Amazing, but true!.

Edited to add: I just read the Wiki. Apparently they are just airing the remaining episodes.

Darn shame becuase it really does get better than the aweful first episodes.

Here's the Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Rivers_(TV_series)

It's still worth watching the remaining eposides to get closure on some of the characters---like the young African man who needed a heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,175,340 times
Army Wives
Drop Dead Diva
Chopped
Real Housewives of New Jersey
Hell's Kitchen

Eta Hawthorne.

I started watching Ultimate Merger when it was on marathon over the weekend. I may add it to my DVR line up.

Last edited by CMichele; 07-08-2010 at 12:47 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,205,320 times
American Experience
Warehouse 13
Burn Notice
Ice Road Truckers
Any of those "how the universe/earth was made, wormholes, time travel etc" shows on Science/NatGeo/Discovery
Eureka (Fri 7/9)
The Closer (Mon 7/12)
Going to give the new show Haven on SyFy a try (Fri 7/9)

Last edited by quiet walker; 07-08-2010 at 12:34 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,944,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Well, I always wondered who watched these "reality" shows. Now I know.

I love it when someone posts this... like they're a better person cuz there's some TV they won't watch. No... really.. it's LOL'able! It's TV! Not brain surgery.

Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef (starts July 27th)
Rescue Me... but this season has started like a turtle and it's really hard to get through an episode
Renovation Realities
Holmes on Homes (need new episodes)

Others I catch on repeat are Top Chef, Design Star, any of the Housewives, Castle (always forget when this is on), Royal Pains (forget this one too)...

Old 07-08-2010, 01:55 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,213,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I love it when someone posts this... like they're a better person cuz there's some TV they won't watch. No... really.. it's LOL'able! It's TV! Not brain surgery.

I know, it's so ridiculous, and usually those self righteous people don't even know what the shows are about, thy just automatically get judgmental. They are almost a s bad as the people who "never watch TV" and only read, gimme a break!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:48 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,770,145 times
What am i watching now?

True Blood
Hung
Persons Unknown
Warehouse 13
Hot in Cleveland
Burn Notice
Royal Pains

What I will be Watching:

Eureka
Haven (gonna give it a watch)
The Closer
That new police drama with Angie Harmon. Can't remember the name

Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,686,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I know, it's so ridiculous, and usually those self righteous people don't even know what the shows are about, thy just automatically get judgmental. They are almost a s bad as the people who "never watch TV" and only read, gimme a break!
Don't give those folks the time of day. I saw that post and rolled my eyes. So long as you pay your cable bills, then it shouldn't matter what other people say

Old 07-08-2010, 04:33 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,824,253 times
This poster is so miserable now that Lost is gone!!

I have nothing else to watch, at least not at Lost's level...

Another honorable mentions I miss: Dirty Sexy Money, it is no Lost, but I loved it too... and Six Feet Under, oldie but goodie.

Well, I am watching FNetwork shows I like, as NFNStar, Chopped, Good Eats and Giada's shows. And some HGTV shows like HHunters.

I would like to start Mad Men and Drop Dead Diva, and there is also a show with Chris Noth, something "wife", I don't remember now.

Oh, I loooove Modern Family, but I detest Cougartown...

I don't like reality tv, but I won't judge others, if you like it I see nothing wrong in watching it. I tried to watch it a few times, so at least I can say I tried, it is just not for me...

And please don't get angry, but even though I love vampire movies (not only Twilight, but I am a fan of Anne Rice from way back in the day) I don't like True Blood at all, it just didn't work for me.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:49 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,213,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post

Another honorable mentions I miss: Dirty Sexy Money, it is no Lost, but I loved it too... and Six Feet Under, oldie but goodie.

Well, I am watching FNetwork shows I like, as NFNStar, Chopped, Good Eats and Giada's shows. And some HGTV shows like HHunters.

I would like to start Mad Men and Drop Dead Diva, and there is also a show with Chris Noth, something "wife", I don't remember now.

Oh, I loooove Modern Family, but I detest Cougartown...

I don't like reality tv, but I won't judge others, if you like it I see nothing wrong in watching it. I tried to watch it a few times, so at least I can say I tried, it is just not for me...

And please don't get angry, but even though I love vampire movies (not only Twilight, but I am a fan of Anne Rice from way back in the day) I don't like True Blood at all, it just didn't work for me.
The show with Chris Noth is "The Good Wife" it's quite good, It's definitely Julianna Marguilis' (sp) show, she is great in it. Chris Noth is a secondary character.

Not everyone likes the same type of shows, that's okay, but judging is ridiculous. There are also different types of reality shows, I love "Project Runway" but the "Jersey Shore" isn't my cup of tea, although if someone enjoys the pure escapism of a show like that, more power to em'

I like True Blood, but I can see why someone wouldn't, and I do think it's a bit overrated.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:25 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,944,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post

There was a lull in the shows I watch and someone recommended some new shows I should Netflix and get into. Some of them were "Weeds", "The Tudors" and "Sons of Anarchy". When I get a chance I'm gonna start at the beginning and watch 'em.

Might I suggest to you, "Damages" with Glenn Close. AMAZING show! Her character, Patty Hewes makes her character in Fatal Attraction look like a nun! Also great acting in Rescue Me. I LOVE "Dexter" too!

I never watched "Lost"... but I feel your loss. Try Netflixin' some of the shows I mentioned and see what's up.

Pssst... "Damages" on Hulu doesn't have all the episodes and you MUST see each episode for the whole show to make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV