Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 04:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times

Advertisements

My first thought was to agree with you, Pippy, about WTF, racism??? After reading the link though, I'd have to see and hear exactly what Tyrone was inferring to. Maybe there was some bigotry going on. We won't know for sure because it wasn't shown on tv and we only have Tyrone's word that things weren't hunky-dorey in camp. If there was racism going on, that's a shame because Tyrone would be one black man I'd like to have as a friend.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:54 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,832,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My first thought was to agree with you, Pippy, about WTF, racism??? After reading the link though, I'd have to see and hear exactly what Tyrone was inferring to. Maybe there was some bigotry going on. We won't know for sure because it wasn't shown on tv and we only have Tyrone's word that things weren't hunky-dorey in camp. If there was racism going on, that's a shame because Tyrone would be one black man I'd like to have as a friend.
yes but Tami, sometimes it's easier to throw out that card than it is to admit you did something/anything wrong.
It's really a he said/she said type thing.
Tyrone couldn't or didn't give any select examples of racism.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:59 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,907,629 times
I have to say that it was sweet when Chase (?name right?) tried to soothe LaDonkey and told her a story. What a guy!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I would reduce it further. If your perception of food supply is that food comes from the grocery store, and beyond that you do not care, never go on Survivor. Just don't do it. I have been shocked when urban friends of mine, when asked what they'd do in case of a complete civil breakdown, said: "Wait for help. Someone will help us." That's the problem: the mentality that knows only how to wait for help from others, rather than craft some form of solution. And that's why I hated living in Seattle, and I like living in a smaller city. One reason to enjoy Survivor is to see how self-reliant and tough people can be, including some surprisingly urban people who seem to find themselves bearing up under rain, hunger, thirst and emotional stress. Good for them.
Sadly I bet there are more folks like your urban friends than ones that can or will survive by their own means.

I like the challenge of seeing how they overcome hardships to see who can truly survive.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,693,914 times
[quote=j_k_k;16268474]You missed my point, and rather blatantly enough that I question the thoroughness of your reading. quote]

Was that really necessary? It seems a little childish. I'm only here to discuss Survivor not argue it. Geez! For the record, I read your post. I don't feel you were as clear with your point as you maybe thought you were. It's really not that big of a deal. It's just a TV show.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:29 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,496,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Was that really necessary? It seems a little childish. I'm only here to discuss Survivor not argue it. Geez! For the record, I read your post. I don't feel you were as clear with your point as you maybe thought you were. It's really not that big of a deal. It's just a TV show.
Or perhaps you just didn't take time to comprehend my post, which wasn't very complicated. It gets very tiresome having people respond to and rebut things one did not actually say. If you find it 'childish' for someone to dislike that, then I guess you may as well get used to a lot more 'childish' responses because other people aren't going to care for it either. That holds true whether one is talking about TV shows or world affairs.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
yes but Tami, sometimes it's easier to throw out that card than it is to admit you did something/anything wrong.
It's really a he said/she said type thing.
Tyrone couldn't or didn't give any select examples of racism.

Oh yes, Pippy. I totally agree with you about that. I was just pointing out, like you said, it's a "he said, she said" type of statement and we will never know the real truth. That's too bad because I liked Tyrone and thought he had more class than that. If there IS any racism going on, it should definitely be directed at NaOinker! I would have been a dead duck long ago if I witnessed her pushing Kelly B and fighting for that clue.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:01 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,227,677 times
It's Sunday is everybody happy we like for everybody to be happy & play nice. So only 3 more days until this week's epi.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:34 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,832,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oh yes, Pippy. I totally agree with you about that. I was just pointing out, like you said, it's a "he said, she said" type of statement and we will never know the real truth. That's too bad because I liked Tyrone and thought he had more class than that. If there IS any racism going on, it should definitely be directed at NaOinker! I would have been a dead duck long ago if I witnessed her pushing Kelly B and fighting for that clue.
true and hopefully the situation will be addressed at somepoint; maybe the reunion show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It's Sunday is everybody happy we like for everybody to be happy & play nice. So only 3 more days until this week's epi.
Yes, oh happy day. It is afterall Amazing Race night tonight!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM

LOL at our "cheerleader, Jaxson! I need to record again this week but I'll be watching as soon as I get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV