Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,131,629 times

Advertisements

If you quit for any reason of your own (meaning the medical staff has not recommended that you leave for medical reasons),you should lose all per diem compensation you have earned while playing, you should forfeit any prizes you have earned, as well as pay for your own way home. You should not be allowed to remain the jury.

Quitters ruin it for everyone. Where is the bragging right to winning against a bunch of quitters?

PS I wonder of NaOnka Mixon is related to Lovelle Mixon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_sh...olice_officers ? For some reason, it really would not surprise me considering the arrogance and vindictiveness this woman (I use that term VERY loosely) has shown of herself on national TV.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-05-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Old 12-05-2010, 09:21 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
If you quit for any reason of your own (meaning the medical staff has not recommended that you leave for medical reasons),you should lose all per diem compensation you have earned while playing, you should forfeit any prizes you have earned, as well as pay for your own way home. You should not be allowed to remain the jury.

Quitters ruin it for everyone. Where is the bragging right to winning against a bunch of quitters?

PS I wonder of NaOnka Mixon is related to Lovelle Mixon 2009 shootings of Oakland police officers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ? For some reason, it really would not surprise me considering the arrogance and vindictiveness this woman (I use that term VERY loosely) has shown of herself on national TV.

TY for posting that horrible tragedy, Taboo. I don't remember hearing about that. Mixon doesn't seem like a very "common" sur name IMO so I would not doubt for one minute that the Oinker is related, not with her attitude. I also found it very refreshing to read about the "other" citizens who tried to help. Keeps my faith in mankind alive a little.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,473,520 times
Casting by recruiting, as opposed to casting by accepted application, is the problem. Notice how many of the All-Stars didn't really take it seriously? They were all by definition recruited; if they won, fine, if not, meh. The soul's heart and show is to choose from among the thousands who want to be on it, not spot a guy in a bar and say 'he's got the look'.

Look, if they get an application from Joe Montana or Danielle Lawrie or Paris Hilton, in good form and having touched all the bases (as opposed to a brief note from an agent saying "Her Majesty Paris would condescend to grace your measly show if you dropped a hint Her direction"), I have no problem with them creaming their jeans with joy and casting them. I think Jimmy Johnson got on the show exactly that way and deserved to be there. But it seems most of these people are recruited in show biz in some way, probably because a show biz person is more tractable and has a real hope of getting someplace. The wires are showing.

I came to realize how prevalent this is during my own TV experience, which involved my idiocy in going on a local fluff talk show discussing a topic relevant to my life. While waiting for the show to start, talking to the other people on it, I came to the realization that they were basically all from show biz. I was the token Real Life Person, and they had no intention of actually giving me any cam time.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM

874 posts, read 1,660,942 times
When did they do the filming for this season? Was the season wrapped before it aired the first episode?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:27 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,231,683 times
[QUOTE
I hate the way they recruite for the show but I read something many years ago that "normal", everyday people like you and I don't try out for Survivor because they can't leave their job for 3 months and expect to have one when they come back. IDK, with the jobless situation out there, I'd think more "normal" people would jump at the chance to be on the show now! Ya think??
[/quote]

Good point!

Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,305,952 times
I would like to see all real people on these shows. Not recruited ones. No famous people. Just everyday people from various parts of the USA. And NO all stars! See them once, NEVER want to see them again, especially the hated ones!

Old 12-07-2010, 02:20 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,473,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
When did they do the filming for this season? Was the season wrapped before it aired the first episode?
Well before. They probably wrapped in July or something.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 PM

874 posts, read 1,660,942 times
Ah, so they could bring back 2 who were eliminated before the jury started.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
Chase=dumbazz--nuff said.

LMAO@ Jeff calling Naoinka and Kelly the quitters at TC (Kelly cleans up nicely)

Spoiler

Benry never saw that coming Good move for the rest though. I swear if useless Dan gets much further in this game.........

Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,893,144 times
The guys are getting very furry, it was funny seeing them covered in mud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV