Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 02:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,149,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I think she was initially wearing something purple and the girl with the one leg was also named Kelly so that one got stuck with the awful nickname of Purple Kelly. Now she's just called quitter
and it woulda been tacky to refer to the other Kelly as "One legged Kelly" or Peg Leg Kelly.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:39 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,542,392 times
Our cable went out last night for a couple hours. When it came back on there were 20 minutes left, and I didn't care. ??? I should have been PO'd but for some reason I wasn't. Must be this season because I didn't really care and won't be viewing it on-line. I saw tribal and that was enough. I'm really feeling apathy towards the remaining players, I just don't care who wins... Not Normal.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,209,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Dan is so unforgettable that when he does speak it startles me.
Boy you have that right! I can't see anybody voting for him if he does make it to the final 3. Seems the camera avoids him also since he rarely does any challenges. Camp just shows him tagging behind the other guys. Remember when he started he said he was a "ladies man" bet he'll have some whoppers to tell the ladies of his adventure.

It would be interesting to have an obstacle course something like this week's but with a twist. Each and every tribe member has to complete the course in order to win as a team.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,478,211 times
Contrarian view: Dan is playing as well as anyone in the game, and better than some remaining. He's still in it--he hasn't quit, gotten a debilitating injury or been voted out. He seems to understand that older players who do not display the scolding and bossiness habit fare best. Despite his physical uselessness around camp, he wasn't even on the target list last time.

I'm a believer that unless you get knocked out by accidental injury (as opposed to stupidity injury, such as finding a way to fall into a fire), your finishing place in the game is the guiding determinant of how well you played, the only objective measure we have of how you integrated the game's various phases. If we're into the final nine days, and you are still in the game, you have by definition done well. I reject the idea that 'big moves' define good play--'under the radar' is an excellent strategy, provided you execute it well enough to get to the endgame. The challenge then becomes whether what got you there has prevented you from winning, as in Russhole's case. If it does, you did good to get to the finals, but not as good as whoever they gave the bucks to.

In Dan's case he would have a double handicap to overcome: prejudice against under-the radarness (which, by my logic, is legitimate for them to hold, because I can't and don't expect the jury to see the game my way, given that most juries in the past have not) and being independently affluent. Therefore, if someone like Dan can convince a jury to give him the money, it will be masterful and he will absolutely deserve it, and be without question the best player of the season. I think that's more than almost anyone could pull off, but I kind of hope he gets to try.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Anybody notice Jeff didn't speak to Dan at TC? Either that or they edited it all out because none of us here remembering him speaking.

My husband noticed that Dimples didn't say at TC "if anyone has the HII....". Did anyone else notice that was missing from his schpeel? I wonder why?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,465,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My husband noticed that Dimples didn't say at TC "if anyone has the HII....". Did anyone else notice that was missing from his schpeel? I wonder why?
No, he said it.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:30 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
No, he said it.

He did? I didn't hear it either! Of course hubby just never shuts up when "I'm" trying to watch a show, so Dimples probably said it when hubby was flapping the jaws.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,209,555 times
Oops forgot to agree with y'all about Dimples calling them the quitters. Still I think they shouldn't be even sitting on that jury but I digress.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:00 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,241,313 times
I don't think Dan has a tongue. At Council, Jeff asked everyone else a question but not Dan. How is Dan suppose to put his foot in his mouth if he's not even given the chance. They just sit him up on the big chair. lol.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:23 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,487,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I don't think Dan has a tongue. At Council, Jeff asked everyone else a question but not Dan. How is Dan suppose to put his foot in his mouth if he's not even given the chance. They just sit him up on the big chair. lol.
It has to be the editing. Tribal Council in real time could last 90 minutes so we don't see much of it. I am growing suspicious as to why Dan is not being shown much. They know who gets to the end before they start editing so they can hide a lot from us. They always try to make us think A is being voted off and it turns out to be B or C all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV