Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,495,421 times

Advertisements

Jane doesn't creep me out because I understand the emotions quite well. I would be eager to have her as a neighbor, because if my house were being broken into, she wouldn't call the police--she'd come with a 12-gauge, and she would not shoot to wound. I can work with a neighbor like that. She's tough and brave and mean when she has to be; I even think she has a certain physical beauty, though I think a few Big Macs would help there--we're seeing her starved and that's not fundamentally appealing. But in no way, as a person or as a male, does she repel me. Her will inspires me. Her gameplay, well, it had problems.

I understand why she scares people, because most people haven't been to a hell. Or if they did, their reflex leaned more to flight than fight, and they didn't develop a streak that says "when in doubt, strike first". Mine is the contrary, so I understand that Rebel farm gal and respect her basic toughness. I knew women like her in ice hockey. They wanted to hit me. I respected them for it. (I clobbered them, of course. But all in good sports(wo)manlike friendly feeling, no animosity. In ice hockey, Jane would have announced her relationship to me by helmeting me. And she would have taken her expected retaliation with good humor, as did the rest.)

Unfortunately for her, she let the emotions get in the way of smart gameplay, as she has all season. Whenever someone comes into Survivor talking about honesty and loyalty, I hold their Survivor funeral in my mind. At some point, you will have to screw someone. Only question there is if you do it with enough finesse to keep it from losing you jury votes. In this case, Jane couldn't even put it aside long enough to weld an ad hoc alliance to survive. Too bad. I would have loved to see her do so. I defy anyone remaining to beat Jane at building fire; by the time they got theirs going, she would have started a forest fire, causing them to have to send the Nicaraguan Army, and crammed a flaming branch up her opponent's rear end. Which, given her opposition and what I think of them, would be fine with me.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:14 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,013 times
Jane has 2 Ponderosa clips and 3 extra scene clips on the CBS website. In one of them she talks to Chase to try to get him to convince the others to keep her. He pretty much explains it wasn't his idea to vote her out, he tried to convince them to go for Dan or Fabio and he's sorry but that isn't good enough. She did ask for his idol but he said if he gave it her they would never trust him.While she says she's trying to save herself she does not seem to have gone directly to Holly or Sash and tried to convince them to vote out one of the other 3.
In pretty much all of them she works over the same ground over and over - liers and backstabbers, Chase is going to have trouble in NC for treating a Carolina girl so bad, she's proud of her honest game (though she also stole an egg to eat at night). Same words, same phrases. In her 2nd Ponderosa clip its morning and raining and she says how she prayed they would have a miserable night and day and look it is and how she hoped they wouldn't be able to start the fire.
Marty greeted her very genially with a joke and she at least was gracious enough to be normal with him and says something about making up with Marty. Everyone is very nice to each other at Ponderosa. NaOnka and her have a conversation with Na saying I told you not to trust Chase why did you? Jane ends with saying to the camera - I really like NaOnka, she's got a lot of spirit and I believe she'll go far in life. Again making me wonder if NaOnka got the worst ever edit as punishment for quitting.
Basically Jane's strategy seems to have been the I'll be a food provider/camp worker and expect my alliance to take me with them. Nothing wrong with that but towards the end with only a couple more days at camp your going to be at risk, especially if your considered a final tribal council threat. She didn't keep her ear to the ground to realize that she was at risk. When she was told! (and she would not have known if it weren't for Chase because all other players would have lied to her and she would have been blindsided) she should have immediately gone to the other players and tried to get them to vote off Holly. Calling Chase a liar is sort of ironic. He's the only one being truthful with her. But of course she doesn't see that. Being told was an advantage many players never get.
I don't think she's a pyschopath like some, thats a very serious conditions, but I do think she tends to take everything very personally which is a very self-centered view of the world. Worse she combines the taking things personally with being vindictive. It is a game. She didn't whine about the conditions and she brags about that - true. But she sure is whining about being outplayed.

Last edited by Giesela; 12-17-2010 at 06:44 AM..

Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 AM

5,553 posts, read 7,148,467 times
Why didn't the 3 vote Holly? It would have been a tie, then don't they have to start a fire to win? Jane would have had her's lit first and Holly would be gone. Dumb asses!

And what's with Dan making out with his son?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,963,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Why didn't the 3 vote Holly? It would have been a tie, then don't they have to start a fire to win? Jane would have had her's lit first and Holly would be gone. Dumb asses!
RNO: I’m already getting a number of people asking me why you voted against Sash instead of Holly, just in case the quickly-hatched possible plan worked?

Jane: Because of what Sash did to me prior to me leaving the game. Some of that wasn’t shown on TV so I can’t discuss it. But the jury knows about it. I was just letting Holly and Chase know that he’s a snake in the grass, so don’t trust him if they didn’t already know that.

Reality News Online - Survivor - reality TV - Big Brother - Apprentice - Amazing Race - American Idol - Television Entertainment

Reader's translation - her vindictive nature caused her to throw away her vote. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, everyone wanted her gone at that point, strategy or not.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,013 times
I've been reading interviews and she says she did try to get Dan and Fabio in an alliance and try for a tie before TC but they wouldn't go for it.
She says its because early on Marty convinced them all to go with an all male final if possible. ??
I think its interesting that she also said that while Dan was pretty useless he was really popular around around camp, very well liked, kept everyone laughing, so if he were in the final 3 with 2 really unliked finalists he could win it.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:51 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,831,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
RNO: I’m already getting a number of people asking me why you voted against Sash instead of Holly, just in case the quickly-hatched possible plan worked?

Jane: Because of what Sash did to me prior to me leaving the game. Some of that wasn’t shown on TV so I can’t discuss it. But the jury knows about it. I was just letting Holly and Chase know that he’s a snake in the grass, so don’t trust him if they didn’t already know that.

Reality News Online - Survivor - reality TV - Big Brother - Apprentice - Amazing Race - American Idol - Television Entertainment

Reader's translation - her vindictive nature caused her to throw away her vote. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, everyone wanted her gone at that point, strategy or not.
cause some heavy accusations were thrown out at TC by Jane that were not shown.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 PM

874 posts, read 1,662,920 times
Giesela, thanks for sharing why Dan could be a threat at the end. I really didn't know how everyone felt about him.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,831,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
Giesela, thanks for sharing why Dan could be a threat at the end. I really didn't know how everyone felt about him.
I predict that lazy, do-nothing will win.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 PM

874 posts, read 1,662,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I predict that lazy, do-nothing will win.
If he does, more power to him. They had plenty of opportunities to get him out and if they don't and allow him to get to the finals and he wins, oh well.

If someone really is a threat to win at the end, but doesn't have a chance in competitions you drop him at F4.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,551,769 times
If Dan made it to the final (highly unlikely) I'd actually root for him. What a clever game he's played. Do nothing but crack jokes around camp and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV