Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 11:08 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,560,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Did you see the hair on Jimmy T? He was the one they should have called Fabio!

How fake was Alina? She voted for Chase, dissed Fabio, then was the first one to hug him when he won, acting all happy and surprised...

The reunion should involve everyone, Tyrone and Eve got no air time.

Jimmy Johnson got too much air time, what's the big deal about him?

Jeff asks Chase to sing, then two seconds later starts talking over him telling us whats coming up next...

Shannon just starts blurting out trash talk, he doesn't even listen to the question. I guess he has Tauretts or something?

Actually, 5 people didn't get any airtime on the reunion; Yve, Tyrone, Jill, Benry, and Purple Kelly. I'd rather have heard what they would've had to say then Rob Mariano blather about his new kid, or Terry Bradshaw blather on about Jimmy Johnson. Also, no more celebrities on the show unless they do an all-celebrity season.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,465,466 times
Glad to see Fabio take the title rather than Sash or Chase. His mindless rambling at the Finale about folding tables, color wheels and government consipiracies was a bit odd, mind you~!

WAY too much time spent on Jimmy Johnson and his pal Terry. Boring.

I would say that Holly didn't win Fan Favorite since at the time that contest opened to votes, she was a really strong contender for winning the million.

Strange that Jeff spent so little time talking to Sash.

Dan still seemed a bit angry at the Reunion show. Wouldn't have thought he would've care that much.

Yikes to the interaction between Marty and Jane. He seems just as good at her at holding a grudge.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:55 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,694,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Holly did some weird stuff and I still have not decided about her but I'm leaning toward liking her.
I can't like anyone who has a hissy fit and destroys hundreds of dollars of personal property just because she doesn't like someone.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Fabio should've kept his comments to a minimum at the reunion, he showed that he really wasn't acting. Wendy, still not in the ballpark much less left field. Shannon what an a$$. Of the 3, Fabio deserved it most, IMO. Glad of new rule. Improve your casting CBS and you won't need to use it.
New rule? What did I miss? I turned it off as soon as Fabio won.

Last edited by Mercury Cougar; 12-20-2010 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Edit: Never mind, I Googled it.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM

874 posts, read 1,661,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I like that Fabio won, out of the 3, but I am disturbed by several elements:

1.) Sash played the most strategic risky game, wich did involve lying and so forth. Him getting no votes (along with Russel not winning last season) just encourages more contestants to lay back under the radar in future seasons, which, face it, makes for boring TV.
I totally agree with your post, but I wanted to address your first point specifically.

I haven't watched every season of Survivor. I watched the first season and then stopped watching until China. From then on, I've seen every season.

It seems that the social game is much more important now than it used to be. When Todd won China, I wasn't thrilled, but I thought it was deserved. He did a lot of planning, but must have kept his social game up to snuff.

Russell didn't do that on either of his seasons and was brash and arrogant. During his second season, I felt he got played by Parvati and Sandra and I think the lesson to be learned from these past seasons is not to underestimate people.

Sash didn't seem to be able to defend his actions and his continued lying to Jud during the second to last tribal council just made him look spineless and idiotic. He should have just come clean and said "Yes, I would have voted you (Jud) out" because his sneakiness was seen by more people than he thought, especially once they were on the jury and that's when it counts if you want to win the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
New rule? What did I miss? I turned it off as soon as Fabio won.
CBS has the discretion to not allow quitters to be a part of the game, which I think is great because it really twisted the course of the game.

Last edited by altlover85; 12-20-2010 at 02:28 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,237,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I can't like anyone who has a hissy fit and destroys hundreds of dollars of personal property just because she doesn't like someone.
I read somewhere that she used sleeping pills (Ambien or something) pretty regularly right up till she was out there. I think coming off the pills and sleep deprivation might be what made her seem so crazy at first.
When she got through all that tho she sure was good to go. Like she cme out of a crazy fog.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I read somewhere that she used sleeping pills (Ambien or something) pretty regularly right up till she was out there. I think coming off the pills and sleep deprivation might be what made her seem so crazy at first.
When she got through all that tho she sure was good to go. Like she cme out of a crazy fog.
I consider that a cop-out. People are still responsible for their actions, and she did a really Moderator cut: language thing, and never seemed like she was sorry for it. I'm glad she didn't make it to the finals.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-20-2010 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Please don't circumvent the language filters.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,764,955 times
If you turned off your TV you missed her apologizing to Dan and presenting him with a pair of ostrich quill cowboy boots because she was very regretful for taking his shoes and he had mentioned wanting a pair of cowboy boots.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 PM

44,662 posts, read 61,729,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
If you turned off your TV you missed her apologizing to Dan and presenting him with a pair of ostrich quill cowboy boots because she was very regretful for taking his shoes and he had mentioned wanting a pair of cowboy boots.
That is correct, and they both hugged and kissed each other and smiled about the whole incident...and both will live happily ever after cuz Dan said he didn't hold anything against her. A storybook ending.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,314,016 times
I hope the next Survivor has more REAL regular everyday people and not models, or so-called famous people, and no rich people like Dan.
I don't know why they never take my idea and make it so they cannot form alliances. It would be so much better if they could think for themselves for once in their lives and not be swayed by others.

Also, I really hate it when someone accuses them of "playing the game." Like it's a bad thing. Well, duh! It's a freaking game! What else are they going to do? That just bugs me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV