Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 01:39 AM

874 posts, read 1,663,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Did you all catch the preview of next weeks Tribal Council where Nanonkeydonkey gives everyone the finger, and Jeffs mouth just about hit the floor.
Why this POS is still there is beyond me. On any other show, including Survivor, she would have been booted out.
I think people overstrategize this season. People think about end game too early. People are keeping around people Dan and Naonka because they think they'll be easy to be in the end or during individual immunity competitions. It's why Yve is gone, but Dan and Naonka stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
And Marty, can't you just SHUT UP!?! He is his own worst enemy!
I know. I was yelling at my TV for Marty to keep his mouth shut. I'm pretty sure they edit him to sound like more of a big mouth than he actually is.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:35 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,836,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
This is definitely a weird season of Survivor. Why they let Na stay I'll never know. And Marty, can't you just SHUT UP!?! He is his own worst enemy!
I know,right? Marty was spouting off at Jane and SHE was safe from being voted off
If his ranting wasn't enough reason to write his name down then I don't see him going anytime soon.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:48 AM

10,231 posts, read 11,213,352 times
Gotta keep Marty and Trash mouth around for ratings. Nothing else is going on with this boring season.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:58 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,391,264 times
I'm actually beginning to like Marty. He says what he thinks and is still playing the game.

I remember past seasons where there was at least one player I couldn't stand. Russell from last year was one of them. Gerri from the Australia season drove me crazy. I wanted her voted out from day one. Naydonkey is the one this season.

I think that last night's episode was pretty good. At least it had some action. I don't think I was channel surfing during commercials. That's usually fairly telling with how involved I am in an episode.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,500,261 times
Probst's blog just nailed NaDonkey in one shot--from the standpoint of emotional maturity, she's seven. It makes it hard for me to poke too much fun at her because emotionally she's a minor. I was trying to figure out the common thread to her actions, and I now know what it is: severe social retardation. Some people are mentally retarded in general; some are retarded at foreign languages; some are scientifically retarded, etc. NaDonkey suffers from acute, painful social retardation.

That's why they did not hang her from a nearby tree for stealing food, or at the very least, borrow Langley's waterboard kit. That's why no one has snapped and simply done her in with a machete or a big rock. That's why people play along with her. It would be execution of a minor, which most people feel is going too far. That, and she is utterly, absolutely, positively unable to win this game, so she's good to take to the end.

Last edited by j_k_k; 11-04-2010 at 12:31 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,255,083 times
Interesting how Jane (the oldest woman) lasted the longest of all in the challenge where they had to keep a bar from cracking a tile, by pulling on opposing rings.

This type of challenge actually has a trick to it. You cannot just try to keep steady pressure because your muscles tire, even though you don't feel any change. So if you continually apply increasing pressure, it will counteract the fatigue effect. You have to keep pulling harder and harder, just to keep things the same.

Much like trying to succeed as a worker in the American economy since the early 1970s.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,258,545 times
I think Jane is a nasty hag with a I'm a victim grudge complex. That's not to say I admire her game around camp I do. I
can't stand her.
Marty is pretty stereotypical, worked with many men just like him. Working with them is a pain, watching him doesn't bother me. Its all the edits but I've been rooting for him more than others just because he's putting it out there.
The whole NaOinker stealing the food - I just don't get how this is such a no big deal with the younger crowd - is this a generation thing? Is it all people of an older age that feel the outrage and don't understand why she's not been voted off? I work around some young people and honestly up to a couple of years ago I did just fine (I'm 54). The last couple of years though - these are some different kids - the results of the helicopter parents - they see nothing wrong with ditching responsibility and putting someone else in the hot seat - but the weird thing is the others don't get that made - I guess because they'd do the same thing? Makes me feel like we are from different planets.
Too bad Alina went home, I don't get why they voted her out now vs. a little later, was she really that much bigger a threat than say Holly? I don't understand why carry Jane when she's doing so well, if the young alliances sticks together eventually they'll have to start voting off alliance members - who will be first? Jane right?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,266,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I know,right? Marty was spouting off at Jane and SHE was safe from being voted off
If his ranting wasn't enough reason to write his name down then I don't see him going anytime soon.

I would have written his name down for his mouthiness last night, Pippy. I also just can not understand why these people let the golden opportunites slip right by!? That's TWO times in a row they had the chance to get rid of that slimebag, Marty and two times they blew it!

I don't know why they were so scared of Alina either. I also didn't understand why Alina had no problem being grouped together with NaOinker about the food stealing? It must have been edited because all I saw was NaOinker stealing by herself.

Can't wait for next week to see Oinker give the bird!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,571,655 times
worst , most boring season of Survivor ever. These people are tools. they have absolutely no clue how to play the game.

the biggest "gameplayer", Marty, comes off like a paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of grandure. What an arrogant idot. And they've had 2 perfect opportunities to get rid of him. He completely comes off like an amatueur player, in any other season he'd be dumped so quickly.

They keep voting off the wrong people for the wrong reasons. And NaDonkey with the stealing of food, can't these fools come up with a new "badboy/girl" way to get people to hate them? The whole thing is so cliche.

Overstrategize is right. And Marty, on any other season he'd have been gone a long time ago. He's no game player at all. Too loudmouthed, too suspicious, too many speeches, too much overt strategy, too paranoid.

what a season, I'll keep watching b/c I'm halfway through but ZZZZZZ...

Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,258,545 times
Was that Benry that called Alina a dirt squirrel? I wonder...did he try to put a move on her and she stiff armed him? Why else would he call her that so bitterly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV