Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,078,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Probably wouldn't be much to smell. I mean, yeah, there would be zombies and bodies, but a lot of smells are man-made.
I guess you have never smelled "death" then. That is how the zombies find living people, they don't have the death smell.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,792,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Why did she put Daryl down calling him Selfish and what on earth was she doing driving off looking for the guys?

All in all, the show was great but I think they should feed Lori to the Walkers or maybe give her a Sandwich...it's hard for me to tell her from a walker.
Lori annoys me, but I find her character one of the more realistic ones. She tries to use guilt in a condescending way as a reason to motivate men to do what she wants ignoring facts and having a selective memory along with it doesn't stop her in coming to her self righteous conclusion that she's doing the right thing. That fact that she went off on her own taking a handgun, a vehicle (where did that Taurus/Sable even come from?) and not telling any one is also selfish, stupid and perhaps in or out of character, I haven't decided yet. The best part was when Darryl called her "Olive Oyl."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
I guess you have never smelled "death" then. That is how the zombies find living people, they don't have the death smell.
Unfortunately, I have smelled it and if you walk into an enclosed building full of corpses that's been in the Georgia heat, it would be oppressive and knock most people back or cause them to wretch. I know what it is like with just one body, I can't imagine the stench of a hospital or the house Lori and Shane went into. I don't see how a zombie could localize the smell of a fresh body from their own, or the pack they usually roam with, or the few that might be lying on the ground. The air would be thick with it in some places. But I agree with you in that the show says the combination of not being stinky, they way people look and move keeps zombies from attacking. Must be hell for a freshly turned zombie. Especially one that only gets bitten slightly and runs away somewhere to die later.

...which is exactly what I think happened to the lady that is sick. I guess she's also Herschel's daughter/Maggie's half sister? I'm thinking she must've got nipped when she was attacked by the zombie they thought was dead.

Last edited by Tourian; 02-13-2012 at 09:56 AM..

Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,493,816 times
I loved it when Rick put down those two lowlives from Philly. But from the previews looks like their buddies will be looking for payback next week. Man, where is Shane when you need him?? Rick could use some backup. Hershel and Glen just won't cut it

Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,163,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I loved it when Rick put down those two lowlives from Philly. But from the previews looks like their buddies will be looking for payback next week. Man, where is Shane when you need him?? Rick could use some backup. Hershel and Glen just won't cut it
Slightly off topic - did the True Blood fans notice the actor who played Rene (Arlene's husband) as the lead baddie in this episode?

Now back on topic....

Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,272,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
Slightly off topic - did the True Blood fans notice the actor who played Rene (Arlene's husband) as the lead baddie in this episode?

Now back on topic....
This is a non spoiler thread so I'll say I'm not shocked and suspect we could see another True Blood cast member.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,887,457 times
Very good episode last night.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,851,409 times
I agree, it had a good balance between action and dialogue.

That guy who played Rene on True Blood I think has been permanently typecast as a bad guy.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 AM

667 posts, read 1,745,547 times
I didn't think it was all that stellar. way too many inconsistencies. What mom(Lori) is going to leave her son AGAIN while she wonders off to do what exactly? especially when you consider that the father had just left to basically do the same thing? I can understand if it had been days since Rick had left to find Hershel but it was all a tad bit forced. Wouldn't Rick being an officer rely on maintaining communication with the main party via walkie talkies or something similar?

Similar issue with the Dale-Lori conversation about Shane's involvement of Otis. It's as if Dale was watching the show at home and saw exactly what happened...I call BS on that scene. He described EXACTLY what happened and then calls it a 'gut' feeling.

The marauders in the town that confronted Rick and crew were also too passive and it was an unrealistic confrontation. If your idea is to pillage Rick and his crew, why have this long drawn out conversation. The guy had his pistol pretty much out on the table at one point while Rick still had his in his holster and his hands crossed. And Glenn was almost in shock --he was just another observer?

Lastly, while some of the dialogue was properly interesting I just worry that the big wig budget crunchers at AMC have managed to water down the show and have very few zombie scenes. Except for that initial scene where the already dead woman attacks her daughter and the wondering zombie on the road, there was nothing else for the entire show. Isn't this a world who at this point should be practically overrun by a bunch of zombies whose food source continues to deplete? I don't need 60 minutes of action but compared to the 1st season, I almost don't feel like the zombies are around/threat.

Of course, I'll keep watching but I don't feel this was worthy of waiting 3 months.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,214,643 times
from the spoiler thread last night....

"WTF is wrong with that Lori??? Why was she so determined to go after Rick and Glen when they went to fetch Herschel??? Does she think that Rick is going to find a chick and mess around with her??? Stupid biatch hits a walker in the road because she is reading a map? Crashes the car and the Walker will probably come after her. I wouldn't care if the Walker got the psycho witch. Did I miss something that made her ask Daryl to go after Rick?? Did I miss something that made her hell bent on going after them??? She's a douche, IMO now.

Good thing Rick is a quickdraw!!"

Ooooh, lsfr, you are watching with too critical a mind! I don't even notice too much anymore that there is a lack of zombies. A tree branch being broken in the woods, like Carol did, does just as well with my imagination now. The zombies and gore were great season one but they did their job and now it's up to my imagination. Does anyone in this day and age remember imagination?

Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,851,409 times
If it's like the zombie movies the zombies don't really *need* to eat, it's more of a residual behavior so it's not like they're going to start going nuts and become more numerous as their food supply grows scarce.

I don't mind occasional low-zombie episodes as long as they aren't one after another--it seems like next week will probably make up for it. I will be irritated though if it ends up being another long talk fest with some token zombies thrown in at the last minute. I kind of agree with Dave Navarro from Talking Dead last night, "I've invested 14 hours into this show and as a fan I want to see some zombies."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV