Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,424,658 times

Advertisements

I think Dale needs to stay on Shane. The way I see it, If Shane thought he could waltz away with Lori and the boy by setting fire to the farmhouse with everyone else in it, he wouldn't hesitate.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:15 PM

667 posts, read 1,747,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Really? Would you care to explain why?

The house sits on a few acres. To the back and sides are a set of woods, to the front is a large field. It is unlikely that a large set of walkers would just randomly stumble on the farm through the woods. Again, talking about applying real world odds and mathematics and not fiction here. If they come from the front, they will be able to see them and prepare for weapons. Would you care to explain how this is wrong?
You should see this movie "The Dead":
THE DEAD Official Trailer *NEW* - YouTube

Watched it at a small little independent in NYC last year and really enjoyed it. Acting wasn't all that amazing but overall really good storyline. The reason I mention the movie is that it takes place in the African desert/countryside. It was captivating to see how even with little numbers, in a much more open area, it's very hard to survive and hence the need to continue to look for new shelter and new resources.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,700,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Really? Would you care to explain why?

The house sits on a few acres. To the back and sides are a set of woods, to the front is a large field. It is unlikely that a large set of walkers would just randomly stumble on the farm through the woods. Again, talking about applying real world odds and mathematics and not fiction here. If they come from the front, they will be able to see them and prepare for weapons. Would you care to explain how this is wrong?
Sorry I mean about the comic having nothing to do with the tv show.
If we are discussing the tv show, then we are discussing the comics since its based on them. The huge following of the graphic novels is the reason its on tv in the first place.

We always compare movies to their books, why not tv shows to the graphic novels.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:42 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,823,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
I didn't think it was all that stellar. way too many inconsistencies. What mom(Lori) is going to leave her son AGAIN while she wonders off to do what exactly?
Agreed. Seperating one person from the group and having people have to go look for them has just been done to death with the little girl. No need to revisit it so quickly.

Quote:
Similar issue with the Dale-Lori conversation about Shane's involvement of Otis. It's as if Dale was watching the show at home and saw exactly what happened...I call BS on that scene. He described EXACTLY what happened and then calls it a 'gut' feeling.
I'm undecided on this. He did see Shane draw a bead on Rick with his shotgun and he probably knows that Shane and Lori were fooling around so he knows Shane is a snake. I don't think it is too much of a stretch for him to come to some wild conclusion that Shane did something dirty. But it likely could have gone either way and I don't think it is something he would openly say because there's no way to prove it - unless, like you said, he was watching the episode back in the RV.

Quote:
The marauders in the town that confronted Rick and crew were also too passive and it was an unrealistic confrontation. If your idea is to pillage Rick and his crew, why have this long drawn out conversation.
Now it sound like you are expecting the two guys from Philly to have Dale like powers of perception. How would they know where their camp is? Or how many and how well stocked they were? If they just shot them dead in the bar they'd have no way to find the farm. And taking the three men at gunpoint seemed like a losing proposition so they tried to goad them into a false sense of security with friendly conversation. I thought it was a great scene. Herschel seemed to sober up and align himself back to Rick very quickly as he knew what was going on. I'll be shocked if in the next episode he comes down on Rick for killing the two men.

Quote:
The guy had his pistol pretty much out on the table at one point while Rick still had his in his holster and his hands crossed. And Glenn was almost in shock --he was just another observer?
The guy set it on the table to try to show that he was harmless while he scrounged behind the bar. Glenn was too much of a wimp to do anything but stare and watch - and I guess Herschel was unarmed.

Quote:
I don't need 60 minutes of action but compared to the 1st season, I almost don't feel like the zombies are around/threat.
I agree, but then I also agree with the posters that say the farm should be relatively zombie free. Not to the point where they should not have a fence and a boarded up house, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
They should at least have saved the fat guy that didn't know how to use a restroom for a zombie buffet.
I am so happy the dude took a **** in the middle of the floor. That's how Andrea got killed. Anytime somebody says "I'll be right back." or "I gotta go to the bathroom." You know they are going to get killed. What sense does it make to go stumbling around the back of a dark building you've never been in and put yourself in a compromising situation away from others who can watch your back?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,328,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I am so happy the dude took a **** in the middle of the floor. That's how Andrea got killed. Anytime somebody says "I'll be right back." or "I gotta go to the bathroom." You know they are going to get killed. What sense does it make to go stumbling around the back of a dark building you've never been in and put yourself in a compromising situation away from others who can watch your back?

You sure like to pick apart every post, don't you? As far as him taking a leak so close to everyone, in the real world he could have at least went to the furthest corner of the bar and done it, away from the group. But of course, it was in the script to be a heathen and just do it there. You have to admit that he would have been a good one to sacrifice to the zombies, they would have been satisfied for awhile, but no, they wasted a really good zombie meal.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,244,924 times
Quote:
Andrea got killed? Or did you mean her sister?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You sure like to pick apart every post, don't you? As far as him taking a leak so close to everyone, in the real world he could have at least went to the furthest corner of the bar and done it, away from the group. But of course, it was in the script to be a heathen and just do it there. You have to admit that he would have been a good one to sacrifice to the zombies, they would have been satisfied for awhile, but no, they wasted a really good zombie meal.
Ha ha no, not being nit picky. He could have taken a few more steps, but like it really matters. The point is he and his crew are a lot more "Shane" - like then Rick like and this is perhaps how more people would be in a world like this. If society were to break down I think this is more par for the course then the hand wringing and moral conundrums that plague our hero and his crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Andrea got killed? Or did you mean her sister?
Oops, yeah - I meant her sister.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,244,924 times
Quote:
Ha ha no, not being nit picky. He could have taken a few more steps, but like it really matters. The point is he and his crew are a lot more "Shane" - like then Rick like and this is perhaps how more people would be in a world like this. If society were to break down I think this is more par for the course then the hand wringing and moral conundrums that plague our hero and his crew.

Oops, yeah - I meant her sister.

I completely agree with your assessment of what the real world would be like after ANY disaster like that. There will be two camps....Rick-like and Shane-like. Depending on your own personality, if you are in the wrong group at first, you will try and find others like you somehow. Or learn to live in the group you are with and that would not be easy.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Or learn to live in the group you are with and that would not be easy.
It would be really tough on the elderly, kids and women in the Shane groups. I think most of the elderly would just be left behind and most females would end up being violated in the most graphic of ways.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,043,256 times
Quote:
It would be really tough on the elderly, kids and women in the Shane groups. I think most of the elderly would just be left behind and most females would end up being violated in the most graphic of ways.
Wellll .. I don't think Shane's kind of group would turn into a rape camp, but I do think it would become one where men believe in ownership of their women - for their own good, of course (said sarcastically). Look at how he dismissed Lori's arguments about why she wouldn't be with him anymore. Shane thinks her chances (and those of Carl and the unborn child) of survival will be greater with him - to hell with what her feelings might be.

Any woman in his camp wishing to have autonomy of herself would probably have to earn it - like Andrea did. And I think the elderly - certainly the children - would be protected; Shane's view of the new world seems to have sunk to a lower, tribal mode; but his attitude towards Dale shows that no one crosses him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV