Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,278,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Terrible writing, it made no sense at all. No mother would leave her child behind like that. I cant stand her character when the writing is good. With bad writing it felt like ripping hair off my arm with packing tape.
Well it's my opinion AMC would rather deal with the child in this manor, even if it's bad writing than deal with the child in the next story arc. If you read the comic series you will probably understand why.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,236,095 times
I enjoyed this episode except for Lori aka Olive Oyl. Rick killing the philly guys was awesome. Although I do believe even if the philly guys did manage to punk him into bringing them back to the farm, Shane would have handled the situation before they set foot on the porch so they were going to die anyway lol

Boy, I love the actor playing Herschel. Never thought I would care for his character at all. Dale needs to shut up. Yes, Shane is nuts but you need a nutcase on your side when encountering the likes of the philly guys. There are more of them out there and Rick and Shane can't be the only ones in the crew willing to pull the trigger on a human without giving it a second thought. You see how Glenn froze up in the bar.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:15 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,013,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Read Walking Dead issue 53 and see how safe the group really is living on the Farm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
not so simple IMO. Remember that they found that farm after hordes of 'freeway zombies' were walking about, lost Sophia in the process and moved to the farm. So the farm had to be relatively close to population (hence the High School Otis gets killed scene) and/or close to a major highway. In the 1st season, one would have assumed that if you're way high in the hills, maybe, 1-2 zombies may wander your way but instead they moved because they were being rushed by multitudes of zombies.
I'm not saying their safe - nowhere is safe in this fictional world. But, being in a rural area where they know all the people at the surrounding farms are accounted for (in the barn), it is much safer than being in other areas. Where they are at, if they have someone looking out, they will likely have enough time to prepare for any oncoming walkers. In reality, the chances of them being swarmed by a large group is little to none. It would require them to go through the woods to reach there and it seems unlikely that a herd that large would go through the woods and happen to stumble into that farm.

However, in the comics and this show, they need to create drama, action and tension so I am sure in the comics and coming in this show, they will arrive to create it but you must admit, the chances of that happening without much warning is unlikely unless somehow they are provoked to come there such as following someone.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,708,015 times
I laughed out loud when Darryl called Lori Olive Oyl! Too funny! And so true!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,278,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I'm not saying their safe - nowhere is safe in this fictional world. But, being in a rural area where they know all the people at the surrounding farms are accounted for (in the barn), it is much safer than being in other areas. Where they are at, if they have someone looking out, they will likely have enough time to prepare for any oncoming walkers. In reality, the chances of them being swarmed by a large group is little to none. It would require them to go through the woods to reach there and it seems unlikely that a herd that large would go through the woods and happen to stumble into that farm.

However, in the comics and this show, they need to create drama, action and tension so I am sure in the comics and coming in this show, they will arrive to create it but you must admit, the chances of that happening without much warning is unlikely unless somehow they are provoked to come there such as following someone.
Read issue 53-60 and then get back with us

Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,660,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post

Similar issue with the Dale-Lori conversation about Shane's involvement of Otis. It's as if Dale was watching the show at home and saw exactly what happened...I call BS on that scene. He described EXACTLY what happened and then calls it a 'gut' feeling.
In an earlier episode, Dale had suspicions about Shane, because he's observed him and sees how he is. It must have been very surprising to see Shane come back, and not Otis, and that was Dale's first clue.

When he hinted at his suspicion to Shane, Shane all but confirmed it.

That history made that scene not-too-contrived for me.

Last edited by CharlotteGal; 02-15-2012 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 AM

5,539 posts, read 7,133,517 times
I still think that there will be a scene where Dale or Shane will be in danger and the other will just sit and watch with out doing anything.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Read issue 53-60 and then get back with us
First, we arent discussing the comics.

Second, this is a fictional world where they have to do things to create drama.

Third, I openly admitted that the comics and TV show would probably have them come through but in reality it is unlikely. It is like 3rd grade math. The less population, the less walkers especially when the neighbors are accounted for. They have woods to their back and a field to their front. Unlikely anything comes from the back and you get a good warning if they attack from the front. I'm not saying that is how it will go down in this story but it this were really happening, simple math dictates that.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,695,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
First, we arent discussing the comics.

Second, this is a fictional world where they have to do things to create drama.

Third, I openly admitted that the comics and TV show would probably have them come through but in reality it is unlikely. It is like 3rd grade math. The less population, the less walkers especially when the neighbors are accounted for. They have woods to their back and a field to their front. Unlikely anything comes from the back and you get a good warning if they attack from the front. I'm not saying that is how it will go down in this story but it this were really happening, simple math dictates that.
Four. You are wrong

Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Four. You are wrong
Really? Would you care to explain why?

The house sits on a few acres. To the back and sides are a set of woods, to the front is a large field. It is unlikely that a large set of walkers would just randomly stumble on the farm through the woods. Again, talking about applying real world odds and mathematics and not fiction here. If they come from the front, they will be able to see them and prepare for weapons. Would you care to explain how this is wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV