Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 11:24 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,204,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
I can't stand when people complain about realism in a show that revolves around dead people walking around eating the living.
I can't stand when people join a thread to be a buzz kill.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,561,875 times
They are always kinda stressing about their ammo (or lack therof), but they always have enough to shoot the closest heads..... The blonde did actually run out of ammo in the last scene..(Andrea? I am bad with half the names, too)....or she had ammo in her pouch but it was for another gun?????, and then she pulled out her knife.....

She really laid into Lori a few weeks ago about bringing a baby into the world..(they were in the kitchen in the farmhouse when the girl was deciding if she wanted to slit her wrists or not)......but she got it on with Shane in a car a couple of weeks before that.....maybe she will have the bad seed.......

Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,445,444 times
I agree with everyone about Lori, what a "you know what"....
so, what's up with that helecopter? I didn't get that at all? There was no story to it, just flying overhead?

Also, to the realism people, get over it and just enjoy the flick....yanno? It's pretend....

I'm SO glad Shane is gone, he was really starting to get on my nerves, that being said, Lori, is taking over big time...as a number one anus.

What this show has going for it, is, it is disturbing...and right now, the way the whole group turned on Rick, after what he's been trying to do, is just down right disturbing....no one wants to make any decissions, but complain after Rick does the best he can to try and help them. He's only freakin human...LOL... and the way Lori turned on him with hate....Geeze Louise, what is wrong with that person who calls herself a married woman...? It affected Rick big time...and I don't blame him for telling the group, "if you don't like it, there is the door". However, I am taking into account, that everyone is probably weary, in shock, extremely upset over loosing they're safe haven, the farm, loosing two of they're family members...and just the extreme stress and fear of it all, has to have a lot of back lash, yanno...Lets face it, they are the only family they've got right now...but, what's up with that helicopter??????????

I'm also wondering why the machete weilding woman, has two zombies on chains with no arms and teeth? Any suggestions? That should be interesting, Yes?

I gotta tell ya, I walk my dog at 4 a.m. every morning, and after watching every episode, the first morning after is really creepy...to say the least...

The one thing that gave me the chills is when Hershal said, "Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.” – Herschel Greene

Yuck.... Did anyone else catch that?

I cannot wait to see what unfolds next season, wish it wasn't so far away, but, there is always "Game of Thrones".

I read somewhere , that next season will introduce, brand new characters, brand new stories...I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-20-2012 at 05:05 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 06:04 AM

304 posts, read 620,353 times
I think Lori is a beeyatch, the cruel way she is with Rick now. He did what he had to do. Shane wanted his head on a stick. She is upset Carl killed a walker? It's a zombie apocolypse, she needs to get over it and even give the kid shooting lessons.

Wurzig, interesting mention about the possibility that Andrea could actually be pregnant! I never gave it any thought, even though I remember her scene doing the Wild Thing with Shane.

Could those woodland people that saved her be Randall's group?? I never read the comic series, I never know what comes next...

Old 03-20-2012, 06:41 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,869,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Am I the only who's not excited about this magical-ninja-ass-kicking-black-chick-come-to-save-the-stupid-white-people-from-themselves Michonne character?

When she sliced the head off that zombie at that moment I felt like "The Walking Dead" jumped-- from being a real-world scenario where we see average joe every day people struggling to survive -- into super-hero comic book teenage male fantasies where anorexic women beat up cyclops monsters with one painted fingernail.
I'm with you all the way but I don't see why it is important to mention that she's black. They can't be stupid white people because so far they are the only surviving people we've seen in this universe. Atlanta's black population seems to have totally been wiped out except for T-Dog (and Jacqui) and he doesn't have a prominent role. So it doesn't seem fair to be turned off by the fact that they decided to put ONE strong black character in the show. We've seen plenty of strong actions from white people saving white people, saving T-Dog etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brokegirl View Post
Could those woodland people that saved her be Randall's group?? I never read the comic series, I never know what comes next...
I saw one person with two armless seemingly tamed zombies on chains behind her.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,398,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but why did Rick just walk away from Shane's body after he stabbed him, knowing that Shane was infected and become a zombie? I can't remember if Carl distracted him or if he got up and started walking before he noticed Carl.
My impression was that Rick wasn't totally sure whether to believe Jenner or not about reanimating without a bite. Rick wanted to test the theory and this was really his first chance to. If I recall, Rick stated this explanation to Lori.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,398,373 times
Quote:
Am I the only who's not excited about this magical-ninja-ass-kicking-black-chick-come-to-save-the-stupid-white-people-from-themselves Michonne character?

When she sliced the head off that zombie at that moment I felt like "The Walking Dead" jumped-- from being a real-world scenario where we see average joe every day people struggling to survive -- into super-hero comic book teenage male fantasies where anorexic women beat up cyclops monsters with one painted fingernail.

[I haven't read the WD comic books obviously]

Somebody please reassure me that this is not the case because if it is then I won't be watching season three, even if the whole Prison scenario looks a lot more interesting than the Farm.

What is a Twinky? I assume this does not refer to the yellow sponge cake?
Just curious, but why did you feel the need to inject race into the discussion?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 AM

29,003 posts, read 30,445,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
yanno what, I'm really sick and tired of the race card, let it alone...please...it's getting to the point, I'm so punchy about what i CAN AND CAN'T SAY BECAUSE IT MIGHT OFFEND SOMEONE. It's ridiciculous, so if the guy/girl wants to make that comment, so what, ignore it...that is the trouble with this world today, people are actually looking for something to complain about...or pic someone apart....

enough is enough.....

Old 03-20-2012, 08:00 AM

14,994 posts, read 24,000,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I think the poster was complaining about fictionized media steriotypes rather than making a race comment. It certainly was not the point, and thus can be disregarded. I read the comment with some interest, not reading the spoilers, because I am afraid it indeed may be a "jump-the-shark" moment for The Walking Dead. The script writers may be treading into a dangerous direction.
I want to see real people deal in a realistic way with the Zombie Apocolpyse, not dwell into comic book territory with some kind of ninja superwoman (and, yes, I understand the irony, as this is based on comic fiction), if indeed that is where they are going with this new character. The "never fired a gun before but able to get a headhot with a handgun with one shot from a moving target" scenario is already bordering on outside the realms of reality and it is taking away from the immersion into the melodrama. Sure it's a Zombie show, an unreal scenario, and we allow for some creative license for the purposes of drama and action, but it's reality based - where (except for the zombie factor) all the rules of physics, human skills and talents, human reflexes, weight and balance, etc, apply. Dwelling to much from these earth- and human-based rules and limitations will ruin the show.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,297,610 times
Quote:

[I haven't read the WD comic books obviously]

Somebody please reassure me that this is not the case because if it is then I won't be watching season three, even if the whole Prison scenario looks a lot more interesting than the Farm.
We can do without the racist references. If they continue I'll report each and every one of them to the Admins!

The Walking Dead is about survival end of story! People from all walks of life who are thrown into the worst possible case senario and are working together to survive. Now the show is a dramatization and will push hot button topics like Race, Sexism, and Abortion etc. But over all these are non issues in the source material.

This person in question has a name which is Michonne (pronounced Me-Shown). Michonne will appear in every Season from this point on and as a main character. Further more, Writers and producers has also stated she will be done very close to her comic likeliness as well. So if that's something you don't care for, thankfully your TV/Cable box comes with a channel selector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV