Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 08:47 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,948,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Earlier I thought the Michonne character may be too-over-the-top for TV but what's so more special about using a sword vs. a pitchfork to destroy a walker's brain? She's definitely not a mythical ninja--it must be the hooded rain pancho she wears that makes her look like a jedi.
Lets hope so. It was an over the top entry. If it's simply a rain pancho and not some magical elven cloak forged by Gandalf from the mountains of Middle Earth, then I am cool with it.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM

5,545 posts, read 7,139,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Also people - watch the spoilers. I would like this new character to develop via the show, and be suprised from that, not via from what has been read in spoiler sites. The new character's name hasn't even been introduced into the show yet. Now I know her name, weapon of choice, the reason for the zombies on a chain, etc.
I'm with you! I don't like when some eager beavers have to jump ahead and blab all the upcoming epi info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
If you read the spoiler thread, it tells everything about Mchonne. How she came to have two zombies as slaves, how she came to the farm, etc etc. Yes she is in the comic

All this has already been mentioned, so I dont feel im spoiling anything anymore
But you are spoiling!
This is the No Spoiler thread, so regardless, what's mentioned in Spoiler threads should not be repeated here.

Some of us old fashioned people want to be surprised by watching the show!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,700,453 times
alright Ill keep my mouth shut as best as i can

Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,244,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brokegirl View Post
I think Lori is a beeyatch, the cruel way she is with Rick now. He did what he had to do. Shane wanted his head on a stick. She is upset Carl killed a walker? It's a zombie apocolypse, she needs to get over it and even give the kid shooting lessons.

Wurzig, interesting mention about the possibility that Andrea could actually be pregnant! I never gave it any thought, even though I remember her scene doing the Wild Thing with Shane.

Could those woodland people that saved her be Randall's group?? I never read the comic series, I never know what comes next...
No, that was Michonne and her two zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
We can do without the racist references. If they continue I'll report each and every one of them to the Admins!

The Walking Dead is about survival end of story! People from all walks of life who are thrown into the worst possible case senario and are working together to survive. Now the show is a dramatization and will push hot button topics like Race, Sexism, and Abortion etc. But over all these are non issues in the source material.

This person in question has a name which is Michonne (pronounced Me-Shown). Michonne will appear in every Season from this point on and as a main character. Further more, Writers and producers has also stated she will be done very close to her comic likeliness as well. So if that's something you don't care for, thankfully your TV/Cable box comes with a channel selector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If they have no arms and and no teeth, they cannot attack. She uses them to keep the zombies away from her.
Ah, another person who retains what they read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, but isn't she in the comic book? Maybe I'm wrong, but thought she was?
Yes, she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Not sure, but Walking Dead comic book discussions I would see in itself as a spoiler discussion, as they would dwell on plot and character developments that would otherwise come as a suprise to TV viewers. At least I think they are loosly following the comic book.
Yes they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
If you read the spoiler thread, it tells everything about Mchonne. How she came to have two zombies as slaves, how she came to the farm, etc etc. Yes she is in the comic

All this has already been mentioned, so I dont feel im spoiling anything anymore
To be honest, those of us who do read the spoiler thread DID kind of "spoil" into this thread when we started talking about Michonne's entrance into the series and let 'slip" her name and her "companions". That's an honest boo-boo and I'm sure it won't be the last but not deliberatly so.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,017,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ah, another person who retains what they read.
I didnt even read that, I think it was just a safe assumption that the arms and lower jaw were removed so they wouldnt attack and having zombies around would mask her smell making her safe from attack.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,914,120 times
Zombies - the new designer pets.

I don't read the comics, have no desire to, and don't want spoilers in here. I wanted to find out by watching the show who and what the hooded person was.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,244,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I didnt even read that, I think it was just a safe assumption that the arms and lower jaw were removed so they wouldnt attack and having zombies around would mask her smell making her safe from attack.
Smarty pants!

Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,395,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I'm with you all the way but I don't see why it is important to mention that she's black. They can't be stupid white people because so far they are the only surviving people we've seen in this universe. Atlanta's black population seems to have totally been wiped out except for T-Dog (and Jacqui) and he doesn't have a prominent role. So it doesn't seem fair to be turned off by the fact that they decided to put ONE strong black character in the show. We've seen plenty of strong actions from white people saving white people, saving T-Dog etc etc.

I saw one person with two armless seemingly tamed zombies on chains behind her.

Just like during Hurrincane Katrina when the government did not come to the rescue. When your family spends multi-generations dependent on someone else providing for your safety, you are first to go when that "government" disappears.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,573,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Just like during Hurrincane Katrina when the government did not come to the rescue. When your family spends multi-generations dependent on someone else providing for your safety, you are first to go when that "government" disappears.
Why are some people finding it necessary to racialize the zombie apocalypse?

Old 03-20-2012, 12:21 PM

1,789 posts, read 2,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Oh, boy, here we go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV