Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I understand not wanting to read true spoilers, i.e Sophia being a walker, or Shane getting killed, but if something has been publicized by the show creators, is on Talking Dead, and all over the internet, it's not really a spoiler anymore. It seems like we should be able to talk about characters, or casting decisions that the show itself has publicized, they clearly want us to know these things, or they would keep them secret. I see no problem with discussing the comics here, as long as major future plot points that seem likely to happen on the show aren't given away. This is just my opinion, ultimately it has to be up to the moderator if something belongs here or not.
Very grown-up post, dets.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:34 PM

217 posts, read 417,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I got the book The Walking Dead-Rise of the Governor yesterday and finished it today.
Does it have any spoilers besides the background info on the Governor?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,269,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 803andy View Post
It's hard to say, The Rise of the Governor does take place outside of the comic series but at the same time Glenn Mazzara has mentioned he will do some back ground on The Governor. So I think we could see a few things from the Rise of the Governor in the Walking Dead TV show. Also, The Rise of the Governor is a 3 part novel series if I recall, the next book just came out titled, "The Road to Woodbury."

These books aren't the greatest written, but their entertaining enough for any diehard Walking Dead fan.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
I was having The Walking Dead withdrawals so I decided to go ahead and order the compendium Amazon has on sale (thanks to the poster who recommended that.) I have NEVER read comics before, I have nothing against them it just never occurred to me to read any, I have to say I'm really enjoying it, I highly recommend it for Walking Dead fans. I quickly read through most of the things covered in the TV show, now I'm on to new things, the book weighs a ton, it's a pain to carry around, but it's very addictive, There are quite a few things I like about the comic more than the show, many of my complaints are not an issue in the comic so that's nice. The comics go deeper into their relationships, and trying to survive that world. Many of the characters are quite different, they changed a lot for TV, so I'm not worried about it spoiling the TV show, the show and the comics can be enjoyed as similar, but definitely not the same thing.

Last edited by detshen; 04-05-2012 at 10:55 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,866,470 times
Quote:
I was having The Walking Dead withdrawals so I decided to go ahead and order the compendium Amazon has on sale (thanks to the poster who recommended that.) I have NEVER read comics before, I have nothing against them it just never occurred to me to read any, I have to say I'm really enjoying it, I highly recommend it for Walking Dead fans. I quickly read through most of the things covered in the TV show, now I'm on to new things, the book weighs a ton, it's a pain to carry around, but it's very addictive, There are quite a few things I like about the comic more than the show, many of my complaints are not an issue in the comic so that's nice. The comics go deeper into their relationships, and trying to survive that world. Many of the characters are quite different, they changed a lot for TV, so I'm not worried about it spoiling the TV show, the show and the comics can be enjoyed as similar, but definitely not the same thing.
lol i went to my old favorite, RED BOX, and was surprised to see they had the entire 1st season available to rent. I did that this week to go back over a few things in the story arch.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:58 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
lol i went to my old favorite, RED BOX, and was surprised to see they had the entire 1st season available to rent. I did that this week to go back over a few things in the story arch.
I did that a month or so ago, it had been long enough that I enjoyed re-watching, which isn't something I normally do. The seasons are too short though, some of the dumbest network shows get 22 episodes, maybe it wouldn't be as good if there were more episodes, but there are so many stories in the source material, I think they could keep it good. The show is only about a quarter of the comic compendium, and that's just the compendium, there are a ton more comics after that.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 803andy View Post
I don't think so. When reading it I was watching for spoilers and it really is all about how the Gov became who he is.

It's safe to read it. I really like it.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
Quote:

I am doing the same thing right now. However, I like the TV show better. The comic just moves too fast. It is like a cliff notes version of the TV show.

I just wonder why the ex-NFL player wasnt added to the TV show and why Dale was?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
I'm sorry but I had to do it. I miss him!

Andrew Lincoln

Old 06-07-2012, 05:05 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I just wonder why the ex-NFL player wasnt added to the TV show and why Dale was?
My guess is they felt they had enough testosterone filled alpha male types on the show and felt they could do something more interesting with Dale.

And yes this is a shameless bump to get my favorite show's thread back to the top. It is going to be a long summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV