Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,512,151 times

Advertisements

Me too, I don't watch Talking Dead...Live, that is. I DVR it and watch it later

Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 AM

5,564 posts, read 7,168,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sith View Post
i have been sitting on my hands as long as i can about this issue. here is the way i see it. i only watch the walking dead. i do not watch the talking dead. i do not read about it on the internet except for this thread. i did not, nor do i wish to, read the comics. i almost stopped reading this thread because of all of the comic book info but when i saw there was a spoiler thread i figured it was 'safe' to see what people thought about the show here. now all the comic book stuff is being told here and the talking dead stuff so nobody thinks they are spoiling. well....you have for me. just my two cents worth.
I'm with you.
I wish the spoiler people would just stick with their thread and leave this one alone!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,493,217 times
I agree about the spoilers. For a second I thought I was even in the wrong thread. But as for any reference to the comic being out of place I have to disagree, the comic is the canonical source for the TV program.

There are many movies and TV shows based on previous works, books and plays. The comparison is natural and as long as nothing is spoiled regarding future content of the TV show, I don't care.

Anyway, some of you are talking about reading Zombie fiction to tide you over until the next season, you might like to know that a 'survival horror' game is being developed based on the Walking Dead and endorsed by Kirkman. It follows another group of survivors but they will apparently encounter people and places from the canon material.

you can find out more here: The Walking Dead : Telltale Games

Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,169,063 times
Thought you guys might be interested in this gem I stumbled across today on YouTube.

The Walking Dead Alternate Intro - YouTube

Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,650,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Thought you guys might be interested in this gem I stumbled across today on YouTube.

The Walking Dead Alternate Intro - YouTube
LOL, good one.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,869,272 times
Ah ha ha. Cute.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:39 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,289,123 times
LOL, that was good.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,297,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sith View Post
i have been sitting on my hands as long as i can about this issue. here is the way i see it. i only watch the walking dead. i do not watch the talking dead. i do not read about it on the internet except for this thread. i did not, nor do i wish to, read the comics. i almost stopped reading this thread because of all of the comic book info but when i saw there was a spoiler thread i figured it was 'safe' to see what people thought about the show here. now all the comic book stuff is being told here and the talking dead stuff so nobody thinks they are spoiling. well....you have for me. just my two cents worth.
The Talking Dead isn't a show about comic books, it's an AMC TV show that discusses the AMC TV show The Walking Dead. You're free to watch or not but once it's aired on national TV, it's no longer a spoiler. As for comparing and contrasting with the source material, it's something that happens with every book turned movie/tv show.

TV Fans, too cool to admit they love a comic book show

Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,289,123 times
I saw Norman Reedus in a one hour "thriller" last week. He was nuch younger and had a chubby face. Actually, everything I've seen him in lately he has a chubby face. He was cute but man, oh, man, his leaner/older look is great!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,221,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
The Talking Dead isn't a show about comic books, it's an AMC TV show that discusses the AMC TV show The Walking Dead. You're free to watch or not but once it's aired on national TV, it's no longer a spoiler. As for comparing and contrasting with the source material, it's something that happens with every book turned movie/tv show.

TV Fans, too cool to admit they love a comic book show
I understand not wanting to read true spoilers, i.e Sophia being a walker, or Shane getting killed, but if something has been publicized by the show creators, is on Talking Dead, and all over the internet, it's not really a spoiler anymore. It seems like we should be able to talk about characters, or casting decisions that the show itself has publicized, they clearly want us to know these things, or they would keep them secret. I see no problem with discussing the comics here, as long as major future plot points that seem likely to happen on the show aren't given away. This is just my opinion, ultimately it has to be up to the moderator if something belongs here or not.

Last edited by detshen; 03-28-2012 at 10:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV