Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,394,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno what, I'm really sick and tired of the race card, let it alone...please...it's getting to the point, I'm so punchy about what i CAN AND CAN'T SAY BECAUSE IT MIGHT OFFEND SOMEONE. It's ridiciculous, so if the guy/girl wants to make that comment, so what, ignore it...that is the trouble with this world today, people are actually looking for something to complain about...or pic someone apart....

enough is enough.....
You're preaching to the wrong poster. I didn't mention the race of the characters, renault did. You can say whatever you want, no one is stopping you or is going to punish you. I also have the right to comment on what you say. Why didn't you just ignore my comment about renault's comment? You obviously don't believe in ignoring comments or else you would have ignored mine.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,712,525 times
you guys should both be characters on the show so the rest of us can sit back and eat popcorn and see what happens

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,025,928 times
Quote:
I
I'm also wondering why the machete weilding woman, has two zombies on chains with no arms and teeth? Any suggestions? That should be interesting, Yes?
If they have no arms and and no teeth, they cannot attack. She uses them to keep the zombies away from her.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,978,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
We can do without the racist references. If they continue I'll report each and every one of them to the Admins!
Lighten up, Francis. I didn't take that as the point of his/her post. And the LAST thing a thread needs is a pain-in-the-@ss power-tripping mod to come in and elmininate the free exchange of information.

Also people - watch the spoilers. I would like this new character to develop via the show, and be suprised from that, not via from what has been read in spoiler sites. The new character's name hasn't even been introduced into the show yet. Now I know her name, weapon of choice, the reason for the zombies on a chain, etc.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 AM

28,989 posts, read 30,409,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
you guys should both be characters on the show so the rest of us can sit back and eat popcorn and see what happens
ok.....:d

Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If they have no arms and and no teeth, they cannot attack. She uses them to keep the zombies away from her.

yeah, someone at work explained that to me...it ought to be real interesting next season....thanks

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,394,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I think the poster was complaining about fictionized media steriotypes rather than making a race comment. It certainly was not the point, and thus can be disregarded. I read the comment with some interest, not reading the spoilers, because I am afraid it indeed may be a "jump-the-shark" moment for The Walking Dead. The script writers may be treading into a dangerous direction.
I want to see real people deal in a realistic way with the Zombie Apocolpyse, not dwell into comic book territory with some kind of ninja superwoman (and, yes, I understand the irony, as this is based on comic fiction), if indeed that is where they are going with this new character. The "never fired a gun before but able to get a headhot with a handgun with one shot from a moving target" scenario is already bordering on outside the realms of reality and it is taking away from the immersion into the melodrama. Sure it's a Zombie show, an unreal scenario, and we allow for some creative license for the purposes of drama and action, but it's reality based - where (except for the zombie factor) all the rules of physics, human skills and talents, human reflexes, weight and balance, etc, apply. Dwelling to much from these earth- and human-based rules and limitations will ruin the show.
There's really no way to tell what the poster meant by mentioning black and white people. That's why I asked and didn't speculate. What fictional stereotype does Michonne represent? She's actually the antithesis of typical Hollywood stereotypes.

Earlier I thought the Michonne character may be too-over-the-top for TV but what's so more special about using a sword vs. a pitchfork to destroy a walker's brain? She's definitely not a mythical ninja--it must be the hooded rain pancho she wears that makes her look like a jedi.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Lighten up, Francis. I didn't take that as the point of his/her post. And the LAST thing a thread needs is a pain-in-the-@ss power-tripping mod to come in and elmininate the free exchange of information.

Also people - watch the spoilers. I would like this new character to develop via the show, and be suprised from that, not via from what has been read in spoiler sites. The new character's name hasn't even been introduced into the show yet. Now I know her name, weapon of choice, the reason for the zombies on a chain, etc.
yeah, but isn't she in the comic book? Maybe I'm wrong, but thought she was?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:43 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,978,115 times
Quote:
yeah, but isn't she in the comic book? Maybe I'm wrong, but thought she was?
Not sure, but Walking Dead comic book discussions I would see in itself as a spoiler discussion, as they would dwell on plot and character developments that would otherwise come as a suprise to TV viewers. At least I think they are loosly following the comic book.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,712,525 times
If you read the spoiler thread, it tells everything about Mchonne. How she came to have two zombies as slaves, how she came to the farm, etc etc. Yes she is in the comic

All this has already been mentioned, so I dont feel im spoiling anything anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV