Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,726,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
I must have missed the part about them being on LK MI,, I guess that is pretty laughable! Good movie tho, watching spook shows right now, part of halloween
The movie was set in Milwaukee, so I assume they were on Lake Michigan. Or maybe they made it to one of the other great lakes. Either way they would have had a great lake full of fresh water.

Last edited by lovemaine; 10-19-2012 at 12:48 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 11:50 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,605,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Ahh well, it isn't a spoiler to Walking Dead so no harm:

So the whole plot of the movie was a group of survivors getting to a mall to a harbor with a boat and then, presumably, salvation. This they finally did at the end after various misadventures and loss of life. So the movie ends and you think the survivors are now safe. Happy ending. - the credits start to roll. In the credits you start seeing brief 1 or 2 second glimpses of what happened once on the boat: all good at first, then the survivors having trouble with the engine (possibly out of fuel), food turning rancid (presumably weeks later), food and water running out, the boat adrift, hopless survivors, finally somehow making it to an overgrown harbor area that looks deserted, and in the final scenes as they walk into the deserted peir...hordes of more zombies. The movie fades out to gunshots and screams. The point being - there is no survivable place on earth without zombies. Adrift on the ocean - death, land - death.

As has been mentioned - Land of the Dead had them crossing the water by simply walking on the river bottom. Why not - they're dead and don't breath.
Thanks for the synopsis on that film.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM

380 posts, read 377,777 times
Wonder how many nuclear subs and task forces were at sea when the Z-pocalypse hit? They would, at least, have a long term power source. Water and food would be another thing though. Maybe there are some Battlestar Galactica-type fleets out there in the oceans trying to survive on fishing and desalinization looking for the island called Earth.

Also what's the crush depth before the human skull caves in and damages the brain? Can't see zombies living at the bottom of the Marianas Trench. And currents can be quite strong washing zombies to greater depth and into trenches and off the continental shelf.

Plus once zombies go into the sea their senses are greatly reduced and probably would stay in the area until they eventually rot away. I would hate to be a shrimper trying to survive, though. You would never know if your nets snagged bloated, rotting zombies as well as the shrimp and fish.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,398,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiggan View Post
Wonder how many nuclear subs and task forces were at sea when the Z-pocalypse hit? They would, at least, have a long term power source. Water and food would be another thing though. Maybe there are some Battlestar Galactica-type fleets out there in the oceans trying to survive on fishing and desalinization looking for the island called Earth.

Also what's the crush depth before the human skull caves in and damages the brain? Can't see zombies living at the bottom of the Marianas Trench. And currents can be quite strong washing zombies to greater depth and into trenches and off the continental shelf.

Plus once zombies go into the sea their senses are greatly reduced and probably would stay in the area until they eventually rot away. I would hate to be a shrimper trying to survive, though. You would never know if your nets snagged bloated, rotting zombies as well as the shrimp and fish.
Have you read the book World War Z? It had a story about a Chinese nuclear missile sub that was at sea when the zombie apocalypse hit. The book also had a plot about astronauts aboard the International Space Station while the zombies conquered Earth.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:12 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,605,399 times
This is random....I know...but it made me chuckle

Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,726,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is random....I know...but it made me chuckle
lol! I love Daryl! He's my favorite character. I would definitely stick with him during a zombie apocalypse!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,412,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
lol! I love Daryl! He's my favorite character. I would definitely stick with him during a zombie apocalypse!
Ditto!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,365,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
They crossed the river under water in George Romero's Land of the Dead.
I remember they were led by some big strong black guy who was a mechanic or something, turned zombie.
Here is the error of that movie. The movie was suppose to have taken place in Pittsburgh. Do you know how deep the Mon and the Allegheny actually is? To top it off the current is so strong they would have been halfway to Ohio before they (zombies) would have crossed the river.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,365,469 times
How about a storyline about them trekking across the country trying to get to Alcatraz Island? There is no way zombies could get there.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,221,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about a storyline about them trekking across the country trying to get to Alcatraz Island? There is no way zombies could get there.
They'd be safe, but have no food or water. They would have to regularly make dangerous trips into SF so they'a need a good boat and fuel. That's a mighty trek from Georgia, I would imagine there are closer islands if they could make it to the east coast.

Last edited by detshen; 10-19-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV