Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 AM

5,559 posts, read 7,160,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I guess it is kind of interesting whats her name turned out to be gay but I still found her character annoying.
Yeah, maybe "what's her name" and her girl friend will go for a moonlight swim in the lake and get caught by the floating walker...

now that would be an intense scene!

...and where did that leak in the ceiling come from anyway, it wasn't raining?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 AM

377 posts, read 531,439 times
At first I couldn't figure out where I had seen the actor who plays "Mitch" before, but then it hit me, he was one of the guys in "Band of Brothers"

Old 11-25-2013, 08:28 AM

12,525 posts, read 17,608,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
At first I couldn't figure out where I had seen the actor who plays "Mitch" before, but then it hit me, he was one of the guys in "Band of Brothers"
Yeah, that one sent me to Google. HBO just put it back on, watched it for the third time. Great series.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 AM

8,759 posts, read 9,500,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
It was such an odd episode. They had these long moments of nothing, like him standing on the dock of the lake. And then these rushed scenes of action and then back to the long moments of nothing.

I get why they had him stare at the leak in the roof...three times? (Once is enough to show that he thought it was beneath him to live there) Then of him mentioning the pond/visiting the pond...three times. Then him staring at the walkers wherever he saw them, cabin, forest, pits etc. Trying to shut up Martinez about his past, the talks of being GOOD, and the heads etc. It was a culmination of him battling his dominant evil side and trying to let his good side win. And trying so hard to be good and "normal" and avoiding being a leader which would inhibit that. That's what Pete represented too with his trying to be good and look where it got him. The last straw was the mud ridden walkers blocking the probably one way in/out and him realizing he just cannot escape them.

But it was so clumsy in how it was written/shown. And I am in disbelief that as other posters said, that he was able to drag out Pete with no one noticing. With killing Martinez I can see them not seeing as they showed it all fields/woods around them. Oh and with them being mere steps way from that camp of people they saw in the woods and not hearing them being gutted by another group? Sound travels like crazy in the forest...

Oh wait, SUSPEND the disbelief. Must.do.that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
There's a big difference between suspending disbelief and insulting the intelligence of your audience. Last night, my intelligence was insulted.
Yes, the only moment I thought I was really going to have to truly suspend my disbelief beyond the norm was if they were going to make the Gov do a genuine 280 , now that would have caused me to put the show in a whole new light. But for sure, last night's episode was an insult to the fans. They probably just said, ah they'll get over it, the fans are too dedicated to hold this one against us. And ya know, their right. We'll be right back in front of the tube for more punishment next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post

My only thought was, well, for once a little eye candy for the girls. But I knew it would be short lived.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 AM

10,237 posts, read 11,220,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Yeah, maybe "what's her name" and her girl friend will go for a moonlight swim in the lake and get caught by the floating walker...

now that would be an intense scene!

...and where did that leak in the ceiling come from anyway, it wasn't raining?
I was wondering about the leak too - Another what's the point in the scene..But hey, Duct Tape fixes everything - amazingly they had it on hand. Hah.

You know, they could show some back story to why the Governor is the way he is - It might give some insight to his character... why does he do the things he does..

Did anyone else catch what he said to his New girl ( I already lost you once before?)

Old 11-25-2013, 08:53 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,872,925 times
Just read a huge spoiler alert. I was wondering if they were going to use three characters from the comic books and just saw a blurb on this.

Spoiler
http://www.twdenthusiasts.com/category/the-walking-dead-rumors-and-spoilers/

I was wondering at last's night show where in the comic books they would be and the above spoiler helped. So excited to see the next phase!

Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 AM

8,759 posts, read 9,500,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I was wondering about the leak too - Another what's the point in the scene..But hey, Duct Tape fixes everything - amazingly they had it on hand. Hah.

You know, they could show some back story to why the Governor is the way he is - It might give some insight to his character... why does he do the things he does..

Did anyone else catch what he said to his New girl ( I already lost you once before?)
Yes.

As far as his back story, I really don't care, maybe he was abuse, maybe he was born that way. I remember the comment the little girl made about are we good and he didn't answer. At this point I'm not really trying to empathize with, wink, wink Brian or every criminal that commits a crime, they all have a back story. I'm sick of the Gov, let's be done with him already.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,872,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post

Yep! And with him staring at that family photo. it's clear he is trying to recreate that family and happiness.

But I wonder though with his reluctance of saying he what did before and with him being so affected by Liar, Rapist and Murderer, I wonder if that is his past at Woodbury or before the zombies?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:07 AM

3,998 posts, read 5,198,922 times
What was the deal with the beheaded bodies around the woods, the ones with the signs saying 'Rapist' and 'Liar'.
Were those calling cards from Michonne when she was out looking for the Gov?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,853,282 times
It really set him off when Lilly told Martinez during their little dinner party that "this was the safest shed felt in a long time." Or something like that. He gave her a harsh glare then. And of course leaky roof made him mad. And as soon as Martinez admitted that he didnt know if he could keep his group safe he had sealed his fate of a golf club to the dome and being tossed in the walker pit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV