Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 AM

1,762 posts, read 2,100,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
What was the deal with the beheaded bodies around the woods, the ones with the signs saying 'Rapist' and 'Liar'.
Were those calling cards from Michonne when she was out looking for the Gov?
They found the heads in the cabin. It appears the man that was beheading them took himself out. He had murderer on this chest and he blew his brains out.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,832,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It really set him off when Lilly told Martinez during their little dinner party that "this was the safest shed felt in a long time." Or something like that. He gave her a harsh glare then. And of course leaky roof made him mad. And as soon as Martinez admitted that he didnt know if he could keep his group safe he had sealed his fate of a golf club to the dome and being tossed in the walker pit.
I think it was that Martinez wanted him to be a co-leader (He said something about sharing the crown) and that's what set the Gov off. He kept saying he didn't want it. (leadership)

As for the heads and bodies. I think like others said there was a survivalist in the cabin trying to keep his wife and child protected. He left the bodies as warnings as deterrence to others. And something still happened to his wife and child and probably blamed himself for their "deaths". As for keeping the heads inside the cabin, that's where we the viewers are supposed to suspend the disbelief as why he did that and just take it as a literal reminder for the Gov to remember how he kept heads.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:35 AM

377 posts, read 529,970 times
I imagine the headless bodies and the cabin in the woods has a back story webisode in the AMC website, but it's so difficult to log on to the webisodes I imagine because of all the traffic

Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,851,429 times
Oh yes I forgot about those heads the Gov kept, seems the writers are now trying to connect the dots for a story line instead of moving along, but nice to see the governor's getting back to his old self again.k

Old 11-25-2013, 09:50 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,549,945 times
This was one wierd episode. I enjoyed it, but it was just strange. I think I am a bit okay now with all the chess metaphors lol. The Govr is a total basket case - certified LOST IT. Why kill Martinez? Why kill the other "Rick Lite" (half the calories as regular Rick)? I think this whole thing revolves around the little girl and I think he'd kill the mother if he deemed it necessary to protect the girl.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,342,891 times
Norman Reedus is going to be a guest on The View tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
ABC 10:00 central.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,019,459 times
Do ANY OF YOU watch The Talking Dead? Seriously, I'm reading through all these comments and I realize how terribly different I am than many of you when watching. A lot of you are impatient...you expect things to follow science or what you believe to be believable...many don't seem to care that this is a FICTIONAL DRAMA. It's character driven. Just so many dang critiques that you feel your intelligence has been insulted.

I asked about Talking Dead because ALL of your concerns that have been asked in the last four pages were answered and discussed at length. I can appreciate criticisms, too, but it seems that so many come from YOUR misunderstanding...not the show's inability to convey it. I watched the same show and sorry to sound snobby, but I understood Martinez, the Governor, Pete, Mitch AND the others.

I guess my only criticism is the sister/aunt...no kidding she was a lesbian. I got that from the first episode she was in...she made a comment and I thought, oh, she's gay... no biggie. I didn't like how she stood up to Mitch when they found out Martinez was dead...who the heck is she to have ANY opinion expressed so vehemently having been there a day or two? There were better ways to express herself and still be heard. AND...her new GF just gets in the truck and drives away with them? Weird to me...

I'm sorry to sound snooty here...but I feel like if ya'll watched the Talking Dead afterwards, some of these weird perceptions could be allayed somewhat...just sayin...

Old 11-25-2013, 10:30 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,851,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Do ANY OF YOU watch The Talking Dead? Seriously, I'm reading through all these comments and I realize how terribly different I am than many of you when watching. A lot of you are impatient...you expect things to follow science or what you believe to be believable...many don't seem to care that this is a FICTIONAL DRAMA. It's character driven. Just so many dang critiques that you feel your intelligence has been insulted.

I asked about Talking Dead because ALL of your concerns that have been asked in the last four pages were answered and discussed at length. I can appreciate criticisms, too, but it seems that so many come from YOUR misunderstanding...not the show's inability to convey it. I watched the same show and sorry to sound snobby, but I understood Martinez, the Governor, Pete, Mitch AND the others.

I guess my only criticism is the sister/aunt...no kidding she was a lesbian. I got that from the first episode she was in...she made a comment and I thought, oh, she's gay... no biggie. I didn't like how she stood up to Mitch when they found out Martinez was dead...who the heck is she to have ANY opinion expressed so vehemently having been there a day or two? There were better ways to express herself and still be heard. AND...her new GF just gets in the truck and drives away with them? Weird to me...

I'm sorry to sound snooty here...but I feel like if ya'll watched the Talking Dead afterwards, some of these weird perceptions could be allayed somewhat...just sayin...

We just all like to express our own views on the episodes ...you see, we don't get out much

Old 11-25-2013, 10:36 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,832,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

I for one enjoy this thread and the discussion in it. I myself have not watched Talking Dead. As long as others continue talking/picking apart the show, I will continue to do so as well.

As for the bolded above, it isn't a matter of NOT understanding it, it's a matter of being insulted that it's so dumbed down and in certain scenes, so unbelievable despite being a fictional show.

For an example, when he went to kill Pete. They showed all the trailers around and not a single person saw the Governor drag the body out to the pond in BROAD DAYLIGHT? Pray tell what was said in Talking Dead about that and how it made you understand that scene?

Old 11-25-2013, 10:43 AM

10,188 posts, read 11,172,808 times
SHELL: I don't think anyone thinks it's REAL... Why can't people give their thoughts and opinions in the thread? You seem to be the one who's upset?

I'm not impatient with the show, I'd like to know why some scenes are in the show with no explanations. It seems they're just using some scenes as fillers only.

Oh Yes, Momtothree - dragging the body out in daylight and not one person saw him do it? Hard to believe that, right?

I love the show, but seriously - What's going on with the writing..????

Oh and I do watch the Talking Dead....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV