Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 05:06 AM

10,239 posts, read 11,224,379 times

Advertisements

Hershel - my favorite Character is gone... I was expecting it though. I really was..

It Would of been cool - to see the Governor get chewed up by Biters - Hah..

Sad, but great episode...

Old 12-02-2013, 05:15 AM

973 posts, read 1,457,914 times
Lil @ss Kicker is with the little girls and Tyreese but I thought the bus had already left. So, on foot.

How many women about fainted when that Walker came up behind Daryl then... commercial break...lol.

What happened to Meghans Mom and her annoying sister (minus her lover now)? Will they still be in the script?

Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 AM

1,797 posts, read 2,396,860 times
Did anyone catch zombie Clara (the dirty woman Rick encountered in the forest several episodes back)? They showed her near the end.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 AM

22,987 posts, read 28,446,086 times
My favorite part of last night's episode: All those bullet-proof bushes. Nice to know that when the zombies finally rise, hiding behind a good, stout bush will keep all those machine gun bullets away.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 AM

6,887 posts, read 7,946,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Am I detecting an accent in Scott Wilson?
Well, yes, he was born and raised in Atlanta. He's clearly done some work at toning it down.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:30 AM

973 posts, read 1,457,914 times

Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
My favorite part of last night's episode: All those bullet-proof bushes. Nice to know that when the zombies finally rise, hiding behind a good, stout bush will keep all those machine gun bullets away.
Yeah, right up there with the walker Daryl used for cover...took several bullets to the torso yet none of them seemed to be able to pass through a half rotten corpse to hit Daryl.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Did anyone catch zombie Clara (the dirty woman Rick encountered in the forest several episodes back)? They showed her near the end.
Ah, thank you. I knew they focused on her for a reason but couldn't identify her.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 AM

32,195 posts, read 34,935,078 times
The writing for this show has been very stale for a while now. I've continued to tune in only because I've been waiting for it to get better, but that day has not come. You get a solid episode every now and again, but I'm always left wondering where this storyline is ultimately going (not in a good way). And the characters have been rather one-dimensional.

Perhaps I feel this way because I started the TWD first and then picked up Breaking Bad later. Much, much later. BB is so much better than this show. It's more unpredictable and the characters more complex. TWD, on the other hand, has become a show of good guys (the prison gang), a bad guy (the Governor), a band of clueless/innocent/irrelevant others and zombies. There's never any sense that Rick, Daryl or anyone else has really changed for the better or worse (Rick is still "Officer Friendly" for the most part, but a more passive version of his former self). The only question I really ask myself from show to show is, "Who are the zombies going to get next?" I'm never left wondering if Daryl is going to get power hungry and plot to kill Rick or something. The show is too safe. At this point, I feel that it's mostly the ZA junkies that are really hard core on the TWD.

The only real drama that's ever existed on this show, imo, was between Shane and Rick. In fact, I'd say that Shane brought ALL of the drama to TWD. The writers did a good job by slowly making him more and more erratic until it all came to a head. Andrea also added a bit more to the show than Glenn, Maggie or any of the other existing characters. You actually questioned her loyalty in the second season and developed true ill will towards her (though she eventually earned her way back into my good graces...only to annoy me again).

This last episode was simply weak. They spent two episodes and some change telling this backstory about the Governor only for him to raise up another army (how unpredictable) and die an unceremonious death. I felt that they could have done a bit more to develop the story. For example, the Governor could have asked for "an eye for an eye" and taken Rick's hand at the end of the episode. Or he could have taken Carl's eye or something (for the price of letting Hershel and Michonne live). Now he's dead and the main source of dramatic tension in the show is gone. I'm not really interested in watching too many more episodes of Survivor: Zombie Apocalypse.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 12-02-2013 at 07:31 AM..

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,626,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Can't believe those people fought with the governor. Dude was a straight up psychopath. It was bada$$ when those little girls popped off soldier girl. I'll miss Herschel
That was awesome! Though that little girl is a bit scary .. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
I feel like the lil girl that shot that lady dead was the one who killed the 2 sick people. I believe carol took the blame to protect her.
Hmmm. Good theory; I think it's very possible. Also, who killed that . . thing that Tyrese was showing Rick and Daryl? Was that a dog? I must have missed something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Judith is alive and on the bus, too. I'm relieved that Glenn and Maggie are okay. I really thought that the gov was going to kill Michonne. I'm glad she was able to do him in. If Daryl is ever killed off I'm going into mourning for the guy. At least now he knows about Carol. I also don't want Michonne killed. She always seems to come to the rescue. She has been smiling more often these days, too.

I'm really going to miss Hershel. He's such a gentle man with great wisdom. We need Carol back PDQ.

That oldest girl gives me the creeps. I think she is the rat lady and there is no telling what she will do next. She's nuts. Maybe they can hole up at the Bates Motel where she will be right at home.

Wow, that scene where Rick gave the speech to the gov about them all living together and the gov seems to be buying into it...yikes! I absolutely could not predict what he would do.

And why on earth would that love interest of the gov's be sitting there and letting her child dig in the sand a good way off? How stupid was that. This is a Zombie Apocalypse, women. It's your fault Meghan is dead.

This was one of the best scripted episodes I've seen in a while. It was really, really good. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Well done. In February we will see how they regroup just like we did when the farm fell.
Seriously. I was thinking that the whole time! My kid would be right next to me in that situation. That woman must be dumber than dirt. Well, at least she killed the governor.

I will miss Hershel too; he kind of grew on me. He got on my LAST nerve at the farmhouse ~ but actually I didn't like that whole season at the farmhouse. Hershel seemed to always be the voice of calm and reason and they will miss that.

I think, too, that Carl is ten times tougher than his Dad. Rick just don't have it anymore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.