Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 AM

1,789 posts, read 2,389,337 times

Advertisements

It would have been interesting had Lilly not shot the Governor in the head and the writers made him change into a walker. Maybe have a closing scene with him shambling around or maybe eating a corpse. IMO, becoming a walker is a very undignified way to die.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 AM

32,178 posts, read 34,849,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
It would have been interesting had Lilly not shot the Governor in the head and the writers made him change into a walker. Maybe have a closing scene with him shambling around or maybe eating a corpse. IMO, becoming a walker is a very undignified way to die.
I thought it was really stupid how she just approaches the Governor on the field of battle with bullets flying all around carrying a kid's body. I remember someone a while back saying how stupid it was for Michonne to fall down from a tree when Merle was chasing her, but I thought that scene with Lilly carrying the body was even more ridiculous. I'm not even going to get into how she found the prison. I guess we're to assume she followed the sound of cannon fire.

Meghan getting attacked by a walker was way too obvious and predictable. And so was Hershel's death. As soon as Rick started getting all moral, it was clear that the Governor was gonna whack his head off. And of course, the real darlings of the show (Rick, Daryl (especially Daryl), Carl, Maggie and Glenn) don't die (surprise!). It's like they decide to off each character in order of expendability. It would have been more moving, imo, if the gang gave up Daryl (or he gave himself up) in order to save Hershel and Michonne.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 AM

5,545 posts, read 7,139,974 times
Great episode, but too much happened too soon!

I do bet Carol will come to the rescue of Rick and Carl and pick them up along the road, either them or Tyrees.

Also I am glad the Mitch died at the hands of Daryl.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 AM

22,955 posts, read 28,362,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The writing for this show has been very stale for a while now. I've continued to tune in only because I've been waiting for it to get better, but that day has not come. You get a solid episode every now and again, but I'm always left wondering where this storyline is ultimately going (not in a good way). And the characters have been rather one-dimensional.

Perhaps I feel this way because I started the TWD first and then picked up Breaking Bad later. Much, much later. BB is so much better than this show. It's more unpredictable and the characters more complex. TWD, on the other hand, has become a show of good guys (the prison gang), a bad guy (the Governor), a band of clueless/innocent/irrelevant others and zombies. There's never any sense that Rick, Daryl or anyone else has really changed for the better or worse (Rick is still "Officer Friendly" for the most part, but a more passive version of his former self). The only question I really ask myself from show to show is, "Who are the zombies going to get next?" I'm never left wondering if Daryl is going to get power hungry and plot to kill Rick or something. The show is too safe. At this point, I feel that it's mostly the ZA junkies that are really hard core on the TWD.

The only real drama that's ever existed on this show, imo, was between Shane and Rick. In fact, I'd say that Shane brought ALL of the drama to TWD. The writers did a good job by slowly making him more and more erratic until it all came to a head. Andrea also added a bit more to the show than Glenn, Maggie or any of the other existing characters. You actually questioned her loyalty in the second season and developed true ill will towards her (though she eventually earned her way back into my good graces...only to annoy me again).

This last episode was simply weak. They spent two episodes and some change telling this backstory about the Governor only for him to raise up another army (how unpredictable) and die an unceremonious death. I felt that they could have done a bit more to develop the story. For example, the Governor could have asked for "an eye for an eye" and taken Rick's hand at the end of the episode. Or he could have taken Carl's eye or something (for the price of letting Hershel and Michonne live). Now he's dead and the main source of dramatic tension in the show is gone. I'm not really interested in watching too many more episodes of Survivor: Zombie Apocalypse.
Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Can't believe those people fought with the governor. Dude was a straight up psychopath. It was bada$$ when those little girls popped off soldier girl. I'll miss Herschel
The whole thing with the Governor taking over the new camp and raising another army seemed outright ridiculous to me. So the Governor has only been in the camp for, what, a week or two? Then he kills this guy's brother in cold blood and the guy is like "Yeah, okay, you're right, my brother was weak and had to go. I'll follow you now, Brian." C'mon, man. Daryl doesn't even have a real "murderer's" bone in his body and he was more infuriated when Rick left Merle on the roof. It's not like Rick killed him. He just left him, and rightfully so because Merle was a jerk. But the Governor just kills this guy's brother and he's perfectly okay with that? That just stretches credulity.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,054,477 times
From some of the comments, you would think that this show was horrible.
Duh - If you don't like the show - DON'T WATCH IT.
If it is too unbelievable for you - Duh - DON'T WATCH IT - It's a TV show. It's NOT reality.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,834,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Well, yes, he was born and raised in Atlanta. He's clearly done some work at toning it down.
Really? I ddin't think is was of US origin.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
From some of the comments, you would think that this show was horrible.
Duh - If you don't like the show - DON'T WATCH IT.
If it is too unbelievable for you - Duh - DON'T WATCH IT - It's a TV show. It's NOT reality.
I never said it was horrible. If I didn't like it, then I wouldn't post about it. There are plenty of shows I find to be very sucky and therefore don't waste time posting about. But TWD is a show that I really liked, but now feel that it's losing its way. The writing has gone off track and I'm afraid it may stay that way for the duration of the series.

One inherent advantage that BB has over TWD (as far as I know anyway) is that the former had basically the same writers for the entire series. Vince Gilligan was the main writer, I believe, for the whole series. So you have one guy who probably already has a good idea about where the show's going and writes each episode accordingly. And in BB, you get all of these well-placed and meaningul flashbacks and foreshadowing that all get tied together in a very neat, tight and thoughtful manner by the series' end (e.g., Walt sitting at Denny's and creating the number "52" with his eggs and bacon). I think that's the product of having one writer who has a clear (if only preliminary) idea about where the show should ultimately be going.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM

431 posts, read 448,748 times
I am curious...why do you guys think Lilly shot the governor? Was it because she knew he was going to die, so she just finished him off? So a pity shot? Or do you think she was angry with him, because she saw how quickly and easily he shot Meghan, when before, he was hugging her like he loved her so much, and she realized he was evil?

Old 12-02-2013, 08:28 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,982,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Yeah, right up there with the walker Daryl used for cover...took several bullets to the torso yet none of them seemed to be able to pass through a half rotten corpse to hit Daryl.
Yeah very true, but that was some cool stuff right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV