Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times

Advertisements

I think any young singer should at least listen to constructive criticism. You could tell by the look on her face, Haley, just did not want to hear it.

Oh well.

Now, she doesn't have to hear it anymore.

And to be honest, there were a couple of times when I thought WOW, that Haley can sing! Then, her tude came.

None of us old fogies will ever agree with AI's voters. Such is life. I wish her the best. She is unshackled by not being the winner of AI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ah! The raspy phlegm ball is going home! Thank you God!! Buh Bye!

I absolutely loved the reaction on the face! Priceless! The jaw dropped about 200 feet!

The remaining two are great. I don't care who wins now!
Haley will do well in her career, very well. She quite possibly has much more class than many of her detractors.

I like Haley's talent and voice. I care not for anything else.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Thanks for debating the issue and not each other. Please remember no personal attacks. For the most part you guys have been AWESOME posters!!! Thanks!
I agree. It's normal for us all to have our favorites. I do not bear any grudges. It is a tv show and we laugh at it all after it's over.

Randy and his Toon Town jacket last week made me laugh.

I don't think Steven Tyler will come back. He is a performer first and foremost.

I liked JLo. She has a gig, so we won't see her either.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I think any young singer should at least listen to constructive criticism. You could tell by the look on her face, Haley, just did not want to hear it.

Oh well.

And to be honest, there were a couple of times when I thought WOW, that Haley can sing! Then, her tude came.

None of us old fogies will ever agree with AI's voters. Such is life. I wish her the best. She is unshackled by not being the winner of AI.
I agree with you, her attitude is a turnoff, even if an intangible. But her talent is unmistakably at a higher level. I like Lauren and Scotty, probably Lauren better. But their niches aren't as picky as the rest of the genres out there.

Haley could truly be a huge star.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,539,787 times
Quote:

Oh well.

Spot on post! With 95 Million votes it was crazy! I would be interested in knowing the stats on the votes.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,392,805 times
Just signing in from Arizona, avoiding earlier posts about winners, but I just have to say... DANG! Those Italian singers are amazing!!! Kinda gives you a different view of our three teenagers, yes? What lungs! The one in the middle is yummy! And I like that one of them is kinda geeky. What amazing voices!!! WHEW! WOW.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Spot on post! With 95 Million votes it was crazy! I would be interested in knowing the stats on the votes.
The only votes that really count, are the sales over the next decade. The music industry has been consistently wrong for decades. They just don't get it.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,179,406 times

Ba-ba-ba BYE Haley! you nasty mouth banshee!!!

Those hard eyed looks and foul mouth are GONE!

Great to see two NICE kids making it through!!! And they both sing a thousand times better than HaleyTheScreech.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
Quote:

Oh well.

old fogie, I thought these gray hairs was just seasoning

I really felt Haley did a awesome job last night except the Alanis Morrisette song. Some stated we will not hear from her after this week maybe not to much radio wise after a year from now who knows, but she was the most beautiful of the season she will probably end up on entertainment show co-host or reporter.

I kinda want Lauren to win so that Scotty isnt shackled by AI like you said, this way he can have more freedom choosing the right country music producer in Nashville and not Hollywood.

As about all seasons except for two the best singer ends up runner up.
Is it because it fixed or two much confident in who should be the winner that the next to best ends up with more votes.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,236,799 times
I too loved ll Volo! Talk about talent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I'm disgusted. I would buy Haley's music. I wouldn't even listen to Lauren or Scotty on the radio. I definitely will not be tuning in for the finale.

That's it. I'm breaking up with American Idol for the last time.

I think Haley will have a great career and sell much music. Lauren will fall flat. Scotty will be fine with country. He fits right in. Same ole' same ole' boring chit.
Ya, ya, ya. We've heard that before. I must say, this year was probably the worst one ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
ROFL @ Wai-lee!
Exactly. She is all for herself. Nobody else. No one likes Haley more than Haley herself!
Except, maybe her daddyo!

Quote:

Oh well.

Tried to rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV