Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 05:42 PM

32,014 posts, read 27,204,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I hope so ... the main guy, the brother, needs to stop using his supposed sexiness as comedy, it's a yawner. I like the other 2 guys, they are classic funny. Dee, she's ok. Need more Devito.
Dennis needs to let it go! *LOL* He is alright in the looks department far as that goes, but he is no where near "hot" male model material. Proof of this was the billboard model episode where a large group of real male models (including T.J. Hoban) showed up and put Dennis to shame in both the looks and body departments. "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest (TV Episode 2008) - IMDb

When Mac grabs T.J. aside and tells Dennis "Dude, you were "ok back in the day" or some such and goes on about how T.J. has looks a body and even a "bird" that won't quit Dennis cannot take it. Still in the cocaine episode Frank does manage to pimp Dennis out to older broads, so that is something.

Dennis is really no better than his siblings in having rather delusional memories of his past or current greatness. We learn from various episodes such as when the gang goes to a reunion (high school?) Dennis was *NOT* was not the hot and popular BMOC as he makes himself out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 10:23 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,566,009 times
So dh and I on season five right now. Does anyone think it’s kind of overrated? I really liked the first two season, but since season three, it’s been getting pretty predictable. The plot usually consists of some get rich quick scheme and a bunch of backstabbing and double-double crosses.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,463,406 times
I have to get this show!

Old 05-07-2019, 10:53 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,694,418 times
I suspect this thread is mainly intended for people who like the show, but when I tried watching it my reactions were:

1. These are terrible people.
2. The show is just plain not funny.

One of these is unforgivable in what's supposed to be a comedy.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:06 AM

5,121 posts, read 16,621,863 times
New Season begins September 25th. Last season wasn't a good as previous seasons. Perhaps this show has run it's course.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:02 PM

32,014 posts, read 27,204,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I suspect this thread is mainly intended for people who like the show, but when I tried watching it my reactions were:

1. These are terrible people.
2. The show is just plain not funny.

One of these is unforgivable in what's supposed to be a comedy.
Yes, IASIP is made up of "horrible" people; but they are just the sort of dysfunctional eegits that many of us have in our own families, and or at know about from work, school or whatever.

Either as a group or individuals if you looked around in real life you'd find a "Charlie, Mac, Dennis, Dee or Frank". *LOL*

Humor is an acquired taste. Some find Sheldon and cast of "Big Bang Theory" annoying as eff, and totally not funny, others are opposite.

Dysfunctional persons and or entire families have been the stable of television comedy ever since entertainment media stopped shoving "Ozzie and Harriet" or "Brady Bunch" or even "Mary Tyler Moore" type shows down our throats.

Growing up knew no one like Mike and Carol Brady and their kids. Now Archie Bunker and his family were another matter. Am willing to be more people relate to Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) and his family than the cutesy peachy keen white picket fence 1960's families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV