Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 08:52 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,628,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I love this commercial! Cause I know guys like this

YouTube - Acura Driven By Reason Campaign - Excuses (Group)

+1 hahahahaha

I was gonna mention the whole set of Acura ads that feature OCD types that spend their hard-earned $$ in "frivoulous" ways like collecting fancy watches, fountain pens or my fav, the audiophile with his prized tube amp. My uncle is EXACTLY like the stereo guy, buying into all kinds of electromagnetic hype with justifications that he can really "hear" the difference. And my college roomie's wife is EXACTLY like the anal woman in that Simple Rules commercial with a whole litany of "Don't"s concerning her Lexus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,844,967 times
In general, I've had it up to here with Geico commercials, but I have to admit that this one made me smile:

Geico - Honest Abe

Old 07-10-2010, 09:42 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,938,171 times
I've always liked this one too:

YouTube - Room Key... Sex?

Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,231,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
Or the Kia Soul commercial with the hamsters?
Thare favorites as are some others mentioned here. Liked the originals which were a little less rap. Now they have the new Hip Hop Rap one which is sort of funny too though some of the Hamsters don't look as cute

YouTube - 2010 Kia Soul Hamster Commercial | Black Sheep Kia Hamsters Video

You can get with this...or you can get with that! Do Da DIPPITY!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,224,736 times
You and Your Johnson

YouTube - You and Your Johnson

Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,249,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Thare favorites as are some others mentioned here. Liked the originals which were a little less rap. Now they have the new Hip Hop Rap one which is sort of funny too though some of the Hamsters don't look as cute

I like the hamster ones, but it seems to me if you have a car that people perceive as being 'small'....you wouldn't use small hamsters to advertise it.
Just a thought.

I also really like the new Samsung jingle.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,750,559 times
Like this one too.............

YouTube - OldSpice's Channel

Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,352,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post

YouTube - 2010 Kia Soul Hamster Commercial | Black Sheep Kia Hamsters Video

I ADORE this commercial and so does a relative who's 80!! It's just fun and clever. Whod'a thunk of using a toaster or washing machine as a car...not to mention that fine cardboard box!
Do non-New Yorkers know that the street is "Amsterdam" before it became Hamsterdam??

Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Regarding the Progressive commercials, I like the one where the yuppie wife corrects, "It's a European shoulder bag." in response to the Progressive gal's "Nice purse." (Directed at the yuppie husband.) The husband carefully replies "It was a gift" and rolls his eyes cautiously toward his spouse.

In one of my broadcasting classes in college we read a study that showed people are much more likely to remember the product in commercials they dislike and less likely to remember the product in commercials they do like.
We did our own study which reaffirmed this and I have generally found this to be true. So I guess if you want the viewer to remember your product, annoying them is the way to do it.

I remember hearing this differently...that FUNNY commercials are entertaining and people like them, but they don't remember the PRODUCT it was advertising. Not like vs. not like, but funny vs. "straight" or serious tone of the commercial.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I love those too

Also the Kia commercial with the toys living it up on the town and the song "How you like me now". So catchy.

I'll meet you halfway ... I LOVE that Kia commercial, but HATE those Swiffer ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV