Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,657,714 times

Advertisements

In the flashback, you see Peggy's sister is extremely preggers - so the baby could be either of theirs - sis's baby could have died, or Peggy's could be elsewhere.We don't know, I don't think. There were two kids in the bedroom in the episode where Preggy said good night, though - one was a preschoolish girl - is the sister married?

I think that peggy's sister is married, because in the episode where the priest comes to dinner, I thought that was her sister's husband laying on the coach. I think the sister was faking being pregnant to cover for peggy. that way she could say the baby was hers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,754,515 times
Aha!
OK - I remember now.
That's another possibility.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,771,926 times
I don't know, I still think that Peggy's mom is taking care of Pete's spawn. It just ties in so well with Pete & Trudy's troubles. Yea Pete, you are NOT shooting blanks!!! And isn't it funny that Trudy just automaticall thinks it's her problem? Hellloooooo ... unexplained infertility. I'm surprised we didn't hear the doctor ask Pete how many times a week they are doing the deed. I get the impression that Trudy isn't too bright. She probably just thinks that you JUST get pregnant "like that", no idea about timing.

Second thoughts ... I think that Peggy's sister's baby died and she adopted Pete's spawn as her own ... clean and clear. And the sister is bitter as heck about it. But I have to wonder why she didn't spill this fact to Fr. Tom Hanks in the Three Sundays episode.

Last edited by domergurl; 08-25-2008 at 11:53 AM..

Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,754,515 times
I think naive is what I'd call Trudy. Pete is just self-absorbed.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,206,856 times
I loved how Peggy apologized for not having the work done instead of getting upset and calling him out, and instead called him Don to show her power, it was so subtle and let Don know meek little Peggy is gone. It will be fun to watch her grow into a powerful woman.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,771,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I loved how Peggy apologized for not having the work done instead of getting upset and calling him out, and instead called him Don to show her power, it was so subtle and let Don know meek little Peggy is gone. It will be fun to watch her grow into a powerful woman.
I wouldn't count on it. Don has her under his thumb. He can crush her anytime he wants. Don already beat Pete and his conniving ways ... Peggy knows how far she can get with Don. She was reimbursed .. they're done. If anyone is interested, there is an extended preview for next week and an "inside" look at what went on in last night's episode over at the AMC website.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I wouldn't count on it. Don has her under his thumb. He can crush her anytime he wants. Don already beat Pete and his conniving ways ... Peggy knows how far she can get with Don. She was reimbursed .. they're done. If anyone is interested, there is an extended preview for next week and an "inside" look at what went on in last night's episode over at the AMC website.
I don't think so, Peggy is smart and she is growing up fast. A fully mature Peggy will be able to take on Don, and may beat an aging Don. I wouldn't underestimate her. Pete's an idiot, he doesn't even compare to Peggy.

In many ways Peggy is the younger Don. She is the future "first female executive/CEO/owner" of something big. She is one of the women who paved the way for me as an independent business owner. I love men, but as equals, because we can be equal while enjoying our wonderful differences. Today's housewife and working woman can and should be treated as an equal and never has to settle for second class citizenship. Thank God!

I have to admit, I'm a bit perplexed that Don still seems powerful to you. He feels so much weaker this season to me, even with Betty. It's normal and a sign of a truly great show that we all interpret things differently. It's interesting, I like reading other peoples take on things.

Last edited by detshen; 08-25-2008 at 08:04 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 08:07 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,121,614 times
Peggy is "coming of age" in the same era in which I did. I think that it is very hard for women today to understand just what we went through to come even to where we are today....and heaven knows we aren't clear home yet. I could tell you stories that you probably wouldn't even believe.....but they're true.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Peggy is "coming of age" in the same era in which I did. I think that it is very hard for women today to understand just what we went through to come even to where we are today....and heaven knows we aren't clear home yet. I could tell you stories that you probably wouldn't even believe.....but they're true.
We could never truly understand how blessed we are by our sisters that paved the way for the choices women have today, but most of us are very thankful. If we all truly understood, I don't think Paris Hilton and other useless morons would be worshipped by young women today.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,121,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
We could never truly understand how blessed we are by our sisters that paved the way for the choices women have today, but most of us are very thankful. If we all truly understood, I don't think Paris Hilton and other useless morons would be worshipped by young women today.

Boy is that the truth!!!! Look at all the intelligent, accomplished women there are today for young women to have as role models.... everyone from the full time mom who provides an enriched life to her children to the newspaper editor who makes sure that important issues are covered in her paper, to a woman being speaker of the house, to a woman running for president. So many women to look up to and who does the media provide as role models? Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton. We have to do more to make sure that our daughters and granddaughter know the difference between flash and substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV