Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,340,029 times

Advertisements

wow....I'm an ollllllllllllld watcher but back in the day AMC killed an awful lot of kids and now another?

Anne and Paul Davis' daughter died of SIDS
Donna and Chuck's child died in a fire
Tom and Brooke's daughter was hit by a drunk driver
There was a child who died and donated her heart to another sick child

I'm sure there were more but I'm only on my first cup of coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:27 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,131,009 times
I used to watch Port Charles and Guiding Light. (Both gone) Sometimes watched All My Children and One Live to Live. Sad days indeed.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
wow....I'm an ollllllllllllld watcher but back in the day AMC killed an awful lot of kids and now another?

ohhhhhhh yeah, I was just reminded that the heart transplant happened on GH....that's right.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:42 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,331,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
wow I just hope they dont decide to cancel all the soaps you know ?
I have the feeling the end is near for soaps, unfortunately
4 soaps gone in 2 years... that's a lot!

Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,546,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post

No, another kid was killed on GH not on AMC. But didn't Brooke's daughter Laura have a heart transplant or something? Maybe from Gillian? After Gillian died they had her as a ghost for a while, and Jessie too.

Maxie got the heart transplant from BJ, and not too long ago, Michael was shot and in a coma then he was out of a coma or is he still in a coma and there's another Michael besides that red headed kid? I am confused. Used to be you could skip it for a month, turn it on and it was the same old same old!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:28 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,949,392 times
Perhaps it wasn't really a decision as much as it was part of Susan Lucci's last contract renewal - perhaps she wants to retire but they're NOT ALLOWED to continue without her?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:05 AM

I doubt that. Guiding Light was cancelled not that long ago....soaps have run their course.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:13 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,352,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I have the feeling the end is near for soaps, unfortunately
4 soaps gone in 2 years... that's a lot!
I bet you are right, Sudcaro. However, I keep hoping for a new one titled
"As the Stomach Turns."

Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 AM

41,995 posts, read 75,311,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Perhaps it wasn't really a decision as much as it was part of Susan Lucci's last contract renewal - perhaps she wants to retire but they're NOT ALLOWED to continue without her?
That wouldn't have killed both shows, unless Erika Slezak and/or Robin Strasser had the same thing built into their contracts. Which I highly doubt, since both actresses took a well-publicized pay cut within the past few years.

This was a decision by ABC to spend less money to produce programming. I can't see how it will do anything but backfire; the market already is saturated with cooking and lifestyle shows.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:00 PM

4,066 posts, read 5,653,716 times
ALL soaps on the major networks are potentially circling the drain. CBS has cancelled two soaps (Guiding Light and As The World Turns) in the last couple of years. ABC made that decision based on money. Soaps no longer have enough viewers, especially in the key age groups that advertisers love to target. And they are costly to produce. Basicly, the networks can make more money with talk shows, game shows, etc. Cheaper for them, they produce more ad revenue and have more viewers that advertisers want to target. Sorry, I had watched both the two soaps that CBS took the axe to and I know how you feel. I had to face reality and get on with my life. I heard about "The Chew". I can't stand The View or The Talk...ugh! I doubt if The Chew would be any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV