Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will the Xfactor fair in the US?
Very successful surpassing AI. 6 40.00%
Average or tied with AI. 6 40.00%
Worse than AI and possibly a short lived show. 2 13.33%
Complete flop and cancelled within the first season. 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:23 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I was not familiar with Cheryl, but I just listened to an interview and had absolutely no trouble with her accent. She is very soft spoken. To my ears, her accent had a tinge of gaelic or Irish. I read she's from Birmingham, U.K. I'm sorry she's not going to be on X-factor. I used to work with people from many countries and different accents, so maybe I'm not the typical American.
She's from NewCastle, UK which is far NE near Scotland. I can understand her myself but I just think her sacking (again, if it's true) had more to do with her personality. She may have came off bland and boring, and because she isn't well known here she'd have to have at least a strong or quirky personality for US TV. Firing her for her accent, I just don't believe thats true. California had Swarznegger as GOVERNOR for Christ's sake! Not to mention the XFactor US host is WELSH but they didn't get rid of him. It's fishy to me so it's either a publicity stunt or there was something else (besides the accent). The truth will come out eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 06:07 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,616,910 times
Sorry, not buying the homesick story, Hollywood Reporter. I mean who does that in a high level profession (quit because of homesickness)? The girl has ambitions and she will follow them and take whatever opportunity is open to her. Why shouldn't she? She's young and has no husband or kids, which makes this the best time to travel and promote herself. She's been to the US dozens of times, not to mention around the world during her GA years (her UK band since 2002). She's used to the travel so the homesick story is bull crap too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV