Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM

7,420 posts, read 5,528,284 times

Advertisements

Anything with the Kardashian's, why are these people famous? I don't get it, they are a bunch of no talent fame ho's. That goes for Paris Hilton and the ex-girls next door too.
Also don't like anything with music or dance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 02:25 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,610,372 times
i have a "refuse" list - meaning shows i absolutely refuse to watch. some on the list are:

curb your enthusiasm

entourage

glee (i'm sure i said this already)

the office

outsourced

minute to win it

Old 05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,213,492 times
THE NANNY!!!!!!!! on N@N

NANNY@NITE

Old 05-29-2011, 10:05 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,175,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Any so called "reality" shows
Any so called "talent" shows
Any so called " Celebrity" shows
Game shows
Fox "news"
Sci-Fi shows
Anything with Piers Morgan
Most sitcoms
Tawdry historical fiction like "Spartacus :Blood and Sand", "Rome", "The Tudors". I love History and hate those. I find them incredibly crass, voyeuristic and prurient.
Jerry Springer and programmes of that ilk
Good list - although I won't lie, Jerry Springer was an amusing trainwreck for awhile...

Add The Borgias and Boardwalk Empire to the "tawdry history" list - I watched one episode of the latter and was extremely underwhelmed.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:00 PM

782 posts, read 1,112,210 times
All reality shows except Survivor
Hate, hate, hate and will not watch CSI Miami
Jerry Springer and all like him..
Court shows..like Judge...(fill in blank here)
All religious programming
Infomercials and info-channels
2 and a half men...can't forgive Charlie for going off the deep end and not sure if Ashton can cut it.
SOOO glad Katie Couric is gone...
Don't watch any news channels too much bias, prefer BBC News.
And I am glad Oprah is off the air..tried to watch the last show but just couldn't do it.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:24 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,388,256 times
I refuse to watch:
Toddlers and Tiaras
All Talk Shows
SyFy
Oprah
Say Yes to the Dress
The show with extreme B-Day Parties
Shopping Networks
Religious Network
Wife Swap
Cartoon Network
WWE Raw/Smackdown

Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 PM

782 posts, read 1,112,210 times
OMG How could I have forgotten Wrestling ???
Plus sports of any kind except the Super Bowl and maybe Golf..it's good to sleep to.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:53 PM

806 posts, read 2,348,463 times
I am SO glad there are sane people in this world..

I am sick of everyone talking about American Idol and DWTS.

I also agree with most of the above..

The fake laughter in sitcoms drives me nuts...

I hate infomercials about the vaccuum, the balding 30 something guy... He can't pitch a tent, let alone talk smoothly about his product.

Those infomercials about making money in real estate where the guy is sitting next to 3 or 4 strippers, YEAH, like they're listening... BOOBS, guys love that one probably!!

Old 05-30-2011, 04:13 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,135,084 times
Love to watch Rachel Maddow. Absolutely can not watch Hannity. That smarmy, nasty man reminds me of every tattle tale boy that ended up head down in the john in high school.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 AM

750 posts, read 1,438,111 times
After today, I have to say "The View". I know many disagree, but I generally enjoyed the show, including Whoopie Goldberg. I usually like their "hot topics" discussions, sometimes their cooking segments, occasionally the guest stars.

So what makes me want to completely throw in the towel and scream "No mas! No mas!"?
The boss, the diva, the dominatrix of dismal.... Barbara Walters.

When I turn to the opening of the show and see her tottering and mincing her way across the stage to the ViewTable, I cringe. It's gonna be a bad day. Sure enough, the gnarled little hands start waving (she sometimes looks like a symphony conductor), interrupting her costars/minions, to offer her opinion on every. single. topic, directing who can and who can't talk.

Her co-panelists must, of course, shut up, because she is their boss. She must be heard. And what she has to say is usually not worth it. She tries so hard to be relevant and topical, but it's all just cringeworthy. The ego on that woman is gargantuan. The constant reminders of her long, illustrious news career, her book, her famous interviews. We know, Barbara, we know. Daily reminders of your greatness, spoken by YOU, are grating.

She's not clever or funny or even interesting. I'm not interested in watching "The Barbara Walters Show". The View is supposed to include 4 other women. Let them talk! Let them finish a sentence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV