Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times

Advertisements

I like each of the judges in their own light.

Mia, I thought, was very artistic and some of the dance numbers made her cry and that touched me.

Mary's screaming is a hoot and that's just who she is...a Firecracker !

Nigel is straight laced for the most part and not quite as fun, but you can conjure up some laughs out of him, here and there.

I like how they mix up the judges and put rotations on some of the panel.

It makes for diversity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Really strong dancers this year IMO. Looking forward to the season starting!! Very sad that Mia won't be back. I personally cannot stand Mary. She drives me nuts!

Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 PM

973 posts, read 2,142,669 times
Great season so far! Tadd is my fav, but more for superficial reasons, like he's from the city just to the north of mine. lol

As far as talent, not sure yet. When there are so many, I get them confused. I do like the girl w/ the really short hair. She is beyond adorable!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,863,076 times
I really hope Robert comes back as an All Star this season. It was great seeing him during the auditions.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM

973 posts, read 2,142,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I really hope Robert comes back as an All Star this season. It was great seeing him during the auditions.
I agree! I loved Robert! He was always so humble & appreciative of praise. =)

Old 06-15-2011, 07:06 PM

Sooooooo excited when I saw Robert dancing tonight. I feel sorry for Mitchell but so glad we got to see Robert dance (and shirtless!). I hope Mary's comment was a indication that he would be an All Star this year.

Broadway guy really shined tonight. He has moved up to being one of my favorites again. I'll be voting for him. Wish I could vote for Robert too!

Old 06-16-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm disappointed with today's result show. I really think they should have eliminated 2 of them today. I honestly don't think America will ever warm to Jess or the "Woo Woo" guy. Next week both of them will be in the bottom. They are both talented but have personalities that are a big turnoff. It was really an entire hour wasted. We saw some great solos but we could have seen that in 15 minutes. The other 45 minutes were pointless. Also all those votes casts were pointless.

Tonight's show just didn't flow well. The Russian redo dance was unnecessary and the Lady Gaga video seemed out of place. The Keri Hilson performance was also boring.

The only highlight for me was the group dance and even that had some weak moments due to the close ups by the cameraman. The group dances just look better when shown a bit further away. Close ups on one dancer just doesn't work.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 PM

18,477 posts, read 31,653,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'm disappointed with today's result show. I really think they should have eliminated 2 of them today. I honestly don't think America will ever warm to Jess or the "Woo Woo" guy. Next week both of them will be in the bottom. They are both talented but have personalities that are a big turnoff. It was really an entire hour wasted. We saw some great solos but we could have seen that in 15 minutes. The other 45 minutes were pointless. Also all those votes casts were pointless.

Tonight's show just didn't flow well. The Russian redo dance was unnecessary and the Lady Gaga video seemed out of place. The Keri Hilson performance was also boring.

The only highlight for me was the group dance and even that had some weak moments due to the close ups by the cameraman. The group dances just look better when shown a bit further away. Close ups on one dancer just doesn't work.
I am in total agreement. We didn't need Lady Gaga video. Jess is excellent, but I know, I am not feeling him at all. Woo-hoo guy, no, kill that...Nigel basically told him that last night, the woo-hoo can go either way...ugh !! Ivetta is also excellent, but I can't warm up to her, and I feel bad that I can't...

Tadd is my favorite !!!

Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
And the reason for not letting two dancers go last night is???????????
I enjoy all the dancers but this is a competition and when 2 get voted off that is how this show works. Not sure but does it seem the judges aren't happy with the way America voted and wants one more try to keep their favorites? Maybe it was just to difficult to choose who should go--but that is what they are suppose to do. Hmmm...will it be any easier next week?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
And the reason for not letting two dancers go last night is???????????
I enjoy all the dancers but this is a competition and when 2 get voted off that is how this show works. Not sure but does it seem the judges aren't happy with the way America voted and wants one more try to keep their favorites? Maybe it was just to difficult to choose who should go--but that is what they are suppose to do. Hmmm...will it be any easier next week?
Early on in the competition, it's not decided by votes only. The votes decide the bottom 3 (or in this case, bottom 6) and from those, the judges decide who should go. That's something I've always appreciated about this show - it's more than popularity, though that certainly plays a part.

I am not sure of their thinking, either, other than they felt that the public should get to know the dancers a little better before voting.

I don't have strong feelings about their choice either way - except the whole results show was a waste of time! I'm glad to see all the dancers again next week.

I wish we had been introduced to more of the dancers during the audition shows. I was SO impressed with Nick, who did the quickstep with Iveta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV