Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:33 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,111,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I am thinking welfare? Where else would Bridget Sr. get the money for an expensive, elaborate wedding when she had no husband around? And if these women can't work or get remarried after divorce then Welfare and whatever government assistance they can get must pay for everything.
They said that the mom who left her abusive husband got a really good job after getting her divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,787,526 times
This may be a strange question, but what do they do with the wedding dresses after the big day? I know a lot of Catholics who use a bit of the dress for a christening gown for their kids, and many brides keep their dresses forever (I know mine is still in the wardrobe in a linen bag), but that is hardly possible with these gypsie monstrosities?

I do hope they make a US version, would be interesting to see the differences.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:32 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,112,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
This may be a strange question, but what do they do with the wedding dresses after the big day? I know a lot of Catholics who use a bit of the dress for a christening gown for their kids, and many brides keep their dresses forever (I know mine is still in the wardrobe in a linen bag), but that is hardly possible with these gypsie monstrosities?

I do hope they make a US version, would be interesting to see the differences.
do not equate these people with typical catholics as they are not

Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,861,819 times
I found this week's episode absolutely annoying. There are reasons why the police and bar owners are jacked up during the horse fair. These scumbags trying to make themselves out to be victims ... yea right. I wonder how much money was passed between the pikeys and the police during that meeting??? They should worry about policing their own rather than the police being extra hard ... if those people conducted themselves in a manner in which was civilized, there wouldn't be any trouble.

What a load.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:37 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,840,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
One reason I can't understand why the producers are advertising for U.S. travellers. All they have to do is wait for a major rain to hit SoCal and voila! There's the knock on the door. "We fix your roof. Cheap. How about patio furniture? How bout we tar your driveway? We fix like new."
When they finish in SoCal they can go to SFL - tree cutting, driveway paving, roofing - but they will need a good deposit - preferably in cash, but if not, you will get a call from your local check cashing store to get "supplies" before starting the job.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,734,691 times
I love it! I really love the horses they have and the style of dress. The rest not so much, but, I enjoy the show.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,059,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There is many Amish in our area.

They are in violation of most health department rules.

I believe in time they will have to comply.
Maybe. The Amish have become one of the largest sects of puppy millers http://www.bestfriends.org/nomorehom...puppymills.pdf
Efforts have gone on for years to close them down, with some success finally being achieved.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,615,424 times
Initially I thought this show was interesting, but I saw an episode last night that was so obnoxious I had to turn it off. It was the episode where the police were destroying their trailors. The travellers kept saying they weren't being treated like human beings and they were so upset about being asked to leave. But it wasn't their land. They were squatting. So the police had every right to kick them out. Did they think the land was theirs because they put their trailors on it? It was really obnoxious to hear them complaining about how they were being treated when in reality they were in the wrong. TLC was making it out to be this tragic situation. I really wish they would have interviewed one of the cops to get the other side of the story.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM

7,429 posts, read 5,536,041 times
TLC always shows the prejudice against the gyspies and travellers. It would be interesting the hear from the other side meaning the police and non- gypsy/travellers. Why don't the wedding venues not want them to have their weddings there? Why were the police harrassing them at the annual horse fair?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,861,819 times
Because they act like uncivilized d-bags and then when they get called out for thei bad behavior,they get all Holy Grail ..."I'm being oppressed!!!!!!"

This group is a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV