Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 06:17 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,643,791 times

Advertisements

I guess this is the closest thing to the Real Housewives coming to Dallas. Big Rich Texas debuts on Style Sunday, July 17.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:33 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,363,762 times
Here's a link to the Dallas forum's thread on this show if you want the local opinion->

https://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...ich-texas.html

The bottom line is none of these ladies are Dallas socialites- real Dallas socialites don't scream obsenities to one another at galas and they certainly don't Botox on tv or let their daughters tattoo the "c" word onto their feet!

And the "most prestigious country club in Dallas" where much of the show appears to be centered is actually 35 miles west of Dallas in Fort Worth (and not even a prestigious FW club). It's laughable. It's like saying a show is set on Manhattan's Upper East Side and it's really filmed on the jersey shore. Worlds apart.

If you want to see real Dallas, tune in to Bravo's "Most Eligible Dallas" which premieres next month. It will probably be a train wreck, but at least the cast gets photographed and gossiped about in the reap society magazines and columns....

Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,530,757 times
Is anyone watching Season 3?

Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,824,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Is anyone watching Season 3?
I kinda got sucked in while laid up sick one day and apparently it was a marathon of sorts on. Not certain which season it was though.
These women are some catty biotches I tell ya. D'amn

Who is the woman married to what appears to be a very young man and has a skanky daughter with tattoos? Skanky daughter has a tattooed boyfriend who is really disgusting to look at.

Does Leslie really have a millionaire boyfriend? And who is the lazy,smart-mouthed girl living with her?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I kinda got sucked in while laid up sick one day and apparently it was a marathon of sorts on. Not certain which season it was though.
These women are some catty biotches I tell ya. D'amn

Who is the woman married to what appears to be a very young man and has a skanky daughter with tattoos? Skanky daughter has a tattooed boyfriend who is really disgusting to look at.

Does Leslie really have a millionaire boyfriend? And who is the lazy,smart-mouthed girl living with her?
Oh Pippy, Pippy, Pippy! The one good thing about watching this one is no guilt because the entire thing is made up!

Dr. Bonnie Blossman is the one married to the young guy. I have no clue what he does, they really make an odd pair, don't they? Bonnie, I kid you not, is a professor...I mean for real. I like her. It's fun when people don't fit a stereotype. Whitney is her daughter. "Booger" the boyfriend is new this year, but he's much more entertaining than the previous boyfriend. All he did was sit there like a sack of potatoes, looking dumb, and girls were fighting over him. He is Leslie's son.

Leslie is Kaylen's God Mother. You have to have a daughter to do the show, so she moved to Texas to live with Leslie. When we left her last season she was doing the wild thing with Leslie's sack of potatoes son...which made people really uncomfortable. I think Leslie is full of it most of the time, I have no idea if her boyfriend is a millionaire or not. Other cast members say they've met a boyfriend, but they can't confirm that he's rich.

The greatest thing about watching a local show is you know what's BS and what's real. The country club is near Ft. Worth, not Dallas. It's not exclusive and most people, except people who live near it, had never heard of it. Most of the cast members live in the outer burbs, where you can get a huge house for much less than inside the city, but they make it try and look like these people live in the Park Cities (very exclusive).

The only person who looks vaguely familiar to me is new this season, Cindy Davis. I know I've seen her out and about.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM

oh--for real it's a scripted show?

Quote:
Oh Pippy, Pippy, Pippy! The one good thing about watching this one is no guilt because the entire thing is made up!

Dr. Bonnie Blossman is the one married to the young guy. I have no clue what he does, they really make an odd pair, don't they? Bonnie, I kid you not, is a professor...I mean for real. I like her. It's fun when people don't fit a stereotype. Whitney is her daughter. "Booger" the boyfriend is new this year, but he's much more entertaining than the previous boyfriend. All he did was sit there like a sack of potatoes, looking dumb, and girls were fighting over him. He is Leslie's son.

Leslie is Kaylen's God Mother. You have to have a daughter to do the show, so she moved to Texas to live with Leslie. When we left her last season she was doing the wild thing with Leslie's sack of potatoes son...which made people really uncomfortable. I think Leslie is full of it most of the time, I have no idea if her boyfriend is a millionaire or not. Other cast members say they've met a boyfriend, but they can't confirm that he's rich.

The greatest thing about watching a local show is you know what's BS and what's real. The country club is near Ft. Worth, not Dallas. It's not exclusive and most people, except people who live near it, had never heard of it. Most of the cast members live in the outer burbs, where you can get a huge house for much less than inside the city, but they make it try and look like these people live in the Park Cities (very exclusive).

The only person who looks vaguely familiar to me is new this season, Cindy Davis. I know I've seen her out and about.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
oh--for real it's a scripted show?
Giggle! Right down to the fake country club that everyone is just DYING to get into! At least with HW they live where they say they do and hang out in real places...even if it's a restaurant doing a shoot and pretending to have lunch though it's probably 3 am since nobody else is there!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Giggle! Right down to the fake country club that everyone is just DYING to get into! At least with HW they live where they say they do and hang out in real places...even if it's a restaurant doing a shoot and pretending to have lunch though it's probably 3 am since nobody else is there!
is the premise reality tv? I'm so confused LOL!!!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
is the premise reality tv? I'm so confused LOL!!!!!
Why yes! I've been on the waiting list for this particular country club for 80 years! Granted the enrollment fee is $500, but they just won't have me because one of my distant ancestors may have been a circus clown.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Why yes! I've been on the waiting list for this particular country club for 80 years! Granted the enrollment fee is $500, but they just won't have me because one of my distant ancestors may have been a circus clown.

anyone know what ever became of this show?
There some cray cray peeps on it. Was fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV