Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM

44,739 posts, read 62,024,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
, I have to say!

The only thing that bothers me is that I feel that at the end of each episode the celeb will be offering money or what not to the family... as if it was a compulsory thing to do...
I feel the same way too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 07:30 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,301,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Your name was Rachel Rielly?

WHO????? LOL I assume that must be rachel from BB? Nah, someone who is REALLY famous, not just in their own mind.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM

10,062 posts, read 9,577,924 times
The previews for this week show mike tyson. He is sitting at the dining room table with the wife and daughters of the other tyson. What idiot with a family of women would open their home to a convicted rapist.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The previews for this week show mike tyson. He is sitting at the dining room table with the wife and daughters of the other tyson. What idiot with a family of women would open their home to a convicted rapist.
I'm sure the camera crew is there 24/4. I don't think Tyson is as bad as he used to be. He's detoxed and seems to be a rather gentle soul. The guy took the wrong route of fame back in the day.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,642,618 times
That other Kathy Griffin was kind of a jerk.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 AM

That was an awesome show last night! Both Mike's were great. Both have nice families and both pairs of eyes were opened. Like I said, The champ is a gentle soul at heart. We saw that little boy last night when he was crying at the new waiting room and saying why he was how he used to be.

Michigan Mike was a trooper. To get into that ring with a two time heavy weight champ? That took balls.

That was the best show I have seen on tv in a long, long time.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM

10,062 posts, read 9,577,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm sure the camera crew is there 24/4. I don't think Tyson is as bad as he used to be. He's detoxed and seems to be a rather gentle soul. The guy took the wrong route of fame back in the day.
I don't know why some people seem to give celebrities a pass. I mean I know there was a film crew, but they don't know him personally. I mean if I was a tv producer who called some man and said there was a plumber with the same name that we want to replace with you for the day and film him living with your wife and daughters. I'm willing to bet 99 out of 100 would say forget it, especially if I informed them that he is also a convicted rapist.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,307,362 times
Quote:
that was my first thought, too. He does seem to have changed, but still.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I don't know why some people seem to give celebrities a pass. I mean I know there was a film crew, but they don't know him personally. I mean if I was a tv producer who called some man and said there was a plumber with the same name that we want to replace with you for the day and film him living with your wife and daughters. I'm willing to bet 99 out of 100 would say forget it, especially if I informed them that he is also a convicted rapist.

I don't give celebrities a pass. As a matter of fact, I crucify them more than "normal" people. They have fame and wealth. They should be above board in character if they want people to idoize them. That holds especially for sports stars who children idolize.

What does the film crew not knowing the champ have to do with anything? I am pretty sure TPTB of this show were pretty impressed with and trusted the champ as to how he has changed.

Why would a "nobody" plumber switch places with another "nobody"? Your "logic" confuses me.

I just could see there had been a major change in the champ. You can see it in his eyes. He started on the wrong path when a bully killed his beloved pigeon when he was a kid and sometimes it takes many kicks in the arse for some people to wake up and decide to change. At least he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV