Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,215,534 times

Advertisements

Yep next weeks show should be a good one judging from Tyler holding the gun on everyone at the bday party .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 AM

665 posts, read 630,804 times
Quote:
Yep next weeks show should be a good one judging from Tyler holding the gun on everyone at the bday party .
The next episode airs January 7. They are on hiatus.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:40 AM

36,543 posts, read 16,131,315 times
Loved Emily calling Tyler a hooker. Didn't Nolan realize that Tyler took the flashdrive before he threw the laptop in the pool, it was so obvious to me.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:22 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,063,658 times
And didn't Tyler realize that people back up computers on separate, external drives??

Old 12-09-2011, 09:40 AM

8,761 posts, read 9,514,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'm not buying Jack and Amanda either, maybe it would work if the real "Amanda" wasn't right there in front of his face, people don't look exactly the same when they grow up, but they don't change into different people. If there was chemistry I would probably forgive it more easily because I love this show, but no, there is zero chemistry, she acts nothing like the child Amanda, if anything Jack would just realize he dreamed of a girl who doesn't exists anymore, and be disappointed.

I'm also having a very hard time believing Emily is truly falling for Daniel, I agree with her asian master, he's too weak for her, he may have a decent heart, but he is spoiled and weak.

I don't find the show comical though, I have some quibbles, but I still love it, the only way to watch is to accept a high suspension of disbelief, and try to just go with it.
Agree, not buying that part much either.

Also don't understand what the big deal is with Noolan fearing Emily, he's has more to hold over her head than she over his. Who is going to care about him being gay, not like he has any friends to lose over it, his company isn't built upon his sexual orientation as far as I can tell. I would think she should be more afraid of what he could do to her. And the whole kungfu panda thing, I'm sorry, but that's comical. But, I still find the show very entertaining, just not in the way I did when it first started out.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,225,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Who has an eye for detail and a good memory? Is it just me or does the real Amanda go back and forth between being a blond and a brunette in the various flashbacks? Wasn't she a blond child in the scene with the puppy but a brunette in the JD lockup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Brunette??? I'd say her hair is black in juvie! No, it's not just you, DT.

Loved that Emily called Tyler a hooker.
Yes, it's definitely black, many teenagers dye their hair black. I was a blonde child, but I have black hair in many teen/very early twenties pictures/videos. I'm sure they are trying to paint her black hair as her "troubled" years, but I wasn't troubled at all when I colored my hair, I was just into the music, and thought it looked cool. Whatever, I suppose it's good tool to help the audience keep track of all the flashbacks.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,593,978 times
Given all the twists and turns seemingly in each episode as well as in the overall flow of the various storylines, showing her in earlier times with dark hair while in prison certainly helps.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:46 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,861,819 times
this episode was really really dumb ... oh boy, going Kill Bill with the Japanese training guy ... how original ... snoozer. Next, Emily will be kidnapped by Tyler and buried in a box and she'll hack her way out ... give me a break.

The next episode trailer looked like a posed photograph ... I'm really getting disappointed. They just need to get to the part where Daniel gets killed and be done with this series.

I think Ringer is a better and more suspensful show.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,225,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Given all the twists and turns seemingly in each episode as well as in the overall flow of the various storylines, showing her in earlier times with dark hair while in prison certainly helps.
Yeah, it helps clarify where she is in time, I just wish they would use a better wig, it looks pretty bad most of the time, and if her hair is naturally wavy as it seems to be, it would still be wavy when it was dyed black. They could still make it look nice, even the most troubled girls are still vain about their hair.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:15 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,301,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Yeah, it helps clarify where she is in time, I just wish they would use a better wig, it looks pretty bad most of the time, and if her hair is naturally wavy as it seems to be, it would still be wavy when it was dyed black. They could still make it look nice, even the most troubled girls are still vain about their hair.
I don't think Amanda Clark(e) has any vanity in her. She was, as she is now, focused on extracting Revenge on the "good" souls of LI. I'd have to notice in a flashback of of a young Amanda if the little girl has wavy or straight hair. Either way, she could be making it do what is opposite of what she had as a child. My hair is naturally wavy and blonde and I've had it staraight as an arrow and black too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV