Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times

Advertisements

A lot of "reality" on these shows is scripted. Something may happen, the producers like it but it wasn't caught on camera exactly how they wanted it so they do a re-take. Simple.

Now, with that being said, I DO believe Theresa Ca**** is for real. I believe there are many people who have this gift and I think she is one of them. I would love to have a reading with her.

I wonder how to get in on one of those restaurant group readings? I don't think those are groups of friends... I think the restaurant probably puts an ad out and takes reservations. I wish I could find out what restaurant, when, etc. I would definitely go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 04:39 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
OMG.... why did they edit out her last name??? LOL!!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
A lot of "reality" on these shows is scripted. Something may happen, the producers like it but it wasn't caught on camera exactly how they wanted it so they do a re-take. Simple.

Now, with that being said, I DO believe Theresa Ca**** is for real. I believe there are many people who have this gift and I think she is one of them. I would love to have a reading with her.

I wonder how to get in on one of those restaurant group readings? I don't think those are groups of friends... I think the restaurant probably puts an ad out and takes reservations. I wish I could find out what restaurant, when, etc. I would definitely go.

They have shown the name of the restaurant(sorry can't remember the name) a few times it is in Hicksville.

You could probably call and book a reading.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I would imagine that a group reserves the whole restaurant.
Theresa does take appointments. In the beginning of the show, there was a year's waiting list. Now it is probably more like five.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-25-2011, 07:43 AM

5,519 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I would say about 95% of Long Islanders are like this --- loud, obnoxious, etc. It's not a media perception. It's the truth. Sorry.
I'm from Long Island and I take offense from your post!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
There was a lot of the Stephen episode that seemed faked - the conversations with her husband, etc. I understand if they recreated those for the camera, but they should say they're doing that, if so.

I do believe in mediumship, and I think she may be connecting with some folks who have passed... but there's something about the dialogue/interactions that strike me as fake.
ditto for me!

Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
I'm still trying to figure out why City Data edits out her name. I mentioned her in another thread, and saw that it edited out the last part of her last name (p u t o). Thinking it was maybe a foreign curse-word or a new "urban dictionary" word, I Googled it, and it's just a Philipino rice muffin. Later I found that it's a Spanish derogatory word for a gay man. But that's a big stretch for a discussion forum site that lets you say all kinds of other English 4-letter words. And this is just part of a word. Weird.

This reminds me of another site I was on when I couldn't even ask about my 401(k) plan which kept showing up as John Han****. But at least this site lets you type Hancock.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:46 PM

57 posts, read 162,352 times
I'm relatively new to this type of show, so I'm curious if anyone has ever had a bad reading or have experienced negative vibes? It appears to me that these readings generally have a "feel good" element to it, as if the medium is telling the person what it wants to hear. There must be aggreived deceased persons out there. I also would like to see a medium solve a murder case or find a missing person.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:07 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five00NCSTNW View Post
I also would like to see a medium solve a murder case or find a missing person.
Psychic Investigators, Psychic Detectives (http://www.tv.com/shows/psychic-detectives/ - broken link), and Psychic Witness are all shows about psychics who helped solve crimes. I don't think any of them are on regularly any more, though I'm not sure! I've caught them here and there - TLC, TruTV, etc.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
Aside from the whole debate on whether psychics and mediums are real or not, you have the whole issue with the message always being "just know that's he's okay where he is and he is still with you."

I tend to be a believer in psychic ability, if all other explanations for someone having some piece of knowledge can be ruled out, but I have trouble believing that the "message" is always the same. I wonder if people who train as mediums have a professional code of ethics (like I do as a clinical social worker) in which they can only give the positive messages and vaildating info, but nothing negative?

I guess it would suck if you paid like $300 to hear that grandma is roasting in the fires of hell, or that she's experiencing eternal suffering. Or, maybe the afterlife is positive for everyone? But I'd hate to hear that someone like Gaddafi is "okay where he is and not in any pain, and whenever I see a butterfly that's him saying hello."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV