Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 PM

5,363 posts, read 8,599,627 times

Advertisements

I loved this entire episode!!!!!!!!! There are so many great singers this season. I enjoy all of them, which is rare for me. I've actually saved last week and this week's episodes on my DVRs because I want to watch them again.

Tonight, Joshua blew me away. That just killed me. Cannot believe he is 19yo after hearing that song.

I love my Hollie, but she is struggling. I love the tone of her voice. I hope she can turn it around, although I won't be surprised if she goes home tomorrow night- everyone was just so good tonight.

I loved the 80's theme - stop dragging my heart around w/ Stevie Nicks is one of my favorite songs, as is the Foreigner song by Elise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 11:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,613,680 times
Shame on Idol for putting that sad 40's flapper dress on Hollie when they should have had her in full 80's gear for her solo. Her other outfit was equally as pitiful They seem to be trying to sabotage her. She looked uncomfortable and I'm thinking she may be out. Hear tell others think she can have a career with Disney label, so all may not be lost. Doubt they will use the save on her with all J-Lo's pimping of DeAndre - who is not masculine enough to pull off all the falsetto Although his mid range vocal is better on my ears.

I guess Colton got tired of being called skunky but he should have at least kept some brown lowlights. He ain't no Billy Idol with his 90 lbs soaking wet prancing about in the skinnies and low rider boots, but his vocals are ok.

Joshua stole the show with his solo and duet with Jessica

Jessica not my favorite performance and wish she would have found a better song.

I thought Skyer stepped up with her solo and gosh darn it all of a sudden she was dressed to the nines! How did that happen?

I didn't think Elise was half as bad as Randy made it out to be. Has he tuned into the Voice lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burloak View Post
Phil, I was a big fan but I didn't like the song he chose at all and he is starting to sound like a one trick pony to me.
This and you aren't the only one saying that. People wondering where he would fit into the mainstream and that he could do the Warped tour but they don't see an AIer being accepted and that he is a 5 note wonder. I've grown tired of his same old growling and popping forehead vein now but I like the kid and have nothing against him personally. I think it's more the fact he has received zero constructive critisism that gets my goat along with Colton for that matter. Aww shucks it's reality tv.

Oh and dear Steven I know you're showing your more sensitive side but what is up with the flowers?? Dude that is too much lady

Last edited by gold*dust1; 04-05-2012 at 12:27 AM..

Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,407,637 times
I didn't get a chance to watch tonight, but i was listening from another room. Changes the entire experience. At one point I couldn't tell who was singing, I thought it was Deandre and it turned out to be Jessica. From another room without the visuals, she was straining on that song. Colton sounded good and so did Joshua. The rest, eh, not so much. Deandre actually sounded better tonight than usual for me. This will be interesting. Jessica usually has a really powerful voice. But tonight she sounded less than her best. Hollie was off key on some of hers. I missed Skylar. I'll go watch online. I love that song. I agree on Elise. I was disappointed. Her song last week shows where she does best. Admit that I didn't get to hear all of it. But --- like The Voice -- when you aren't watching and are only listening, it changes perception. And, since most people buy their audio downloads and not necessarily video downloads, that's important.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,668,108 times
I like Colton and Joshua, still can't watch the show if not for the fast forward.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,752,436 times
De'Andre actually did okay for a change.

Elise, I know some of you like her but IMO she needs to go!

Phillip, I still don't get what all the whoo-ha is about him.

Skylar, she should be safe tonite.

Jessica, did good and will definitely be in it til the end.

Colton, is safe

Hollie, had a little bit of a hard time last night...IMO.

Joshua, He was good but I've heard him sing better.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:01 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,364,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
De'Andre actually did okay for a change.

Elise, I know some of you like her but IMO she needs to go!

Phillip, I still don't get what all the whoo-ha is about him.

Skylar, she should be safe tonite.

Jessica, did good and will definitely be in it til the end.

Colton, is safe

Hollie, had a little bit of a hard time last night...IMO.

Joshua, He was good but I've heard him sing better.

Couldn't agree more on the boldfaced...and it goes triple for the Phillip comment! He can be "true to himself" all he wants but I don't see the mass appeal at all. Small clubs maybe...he can stay there, but I imagine he wants the big $$ <g> without "selling out." To me Jessica is getting to be karaoke and I think she was losing breath on the How Do I Know song last night... as someone else said, it's different listening vs. watching, and even more so if you're in the hall I guess! I just don't get the Judge Gushing over most of the performances last night!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,654,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burloak View Post
Jessica, usually good but she seemed to struggle abit, maybe a bad song choice?

Hollie, IMO judges were alittle too harsh on her, almost like they want her gone. She sang it in pitch, Jessica IMO actually was slightly pitchy.
I thought the same thing through most of Jessica's performance. She sounded good but early on her throat almost closed up on her and after that she looked worried to me and like she was fighting to keep her voice open. She did a valiant job, IMO, and totally pulled it off - especially at the end. But she looked like something wasn't quite right for her.

Y'all know I'm a Hollie hater (sorry GoBucks), but I agree the judges were pretty harsh with her compared to all the constructive comments they could be giving to others that they just skip entirely. As someone else pointed out, the audience didn't even seem to care - no booing. I thought she finally looked good in that fringy dress but it was completely wrong for that song and no one else on stage with her was styled that way. Bizarre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I thought Colton's new hair color looked great on him. Though I did miss his individual performance singing tonight, I'm starting to think he may be this year's winner !

p.s.
I thought Deandre's performance tonight was very good !!!
Yes, I liked Colton's hair much better last night! And agree that Deandre was one of the best last night. I still want Deandre and Hollie to be next to go. After that I'd choose Colton and Skylar to leave. I think that would leave Jessica, Elise, Joshua, and Philip in top four - or am I forgetting someone?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:04 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,417,730 times
I'm an Elise fan, and I sure would have loved to hear her sing Hallelujah (assuming they were thinking Leonard Cohen and not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir) instead of a pop-rock top-40 Foreigner song

LOVED the duet with her and P2. Actually I liked all the duets, it was a nice break from the norm.

Steven is cracking me up. Everything is 'beautiful' to him unless they really blow it and then he comes down on them with both feet.

Aside, I am intrigued by Joshua and his dual personality. When he is interviewed, and when he is not performing he is so - um, how do I put this - boring. No animation, minimal personality, flat tone to his voice. Then when he gets on stage BAM he comes alive! The transition is really interesting to watch. To me anyway

Not a Skylar fan but I loved her WBMW performance last night and THANK you for losing the cowgirl gear. She looked beautiful in that dress, and really did justice to that song. And I actually remembered her name instead of having to go look it up. I usually call her Reba.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,892,871 times
Ok, This has to be said, OMG Philip got me hot and bothered. Is it just me or was he unusually appealing and sexy? He seemed so sexy when he did his solo and duet. I always thought he was a cute boy, but that voice and those eyes were two much for this happily married cougar. Yum

Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,892,871 times
I also wanted to point out how much better Skylar looked in that dress compared to last week. Finally, someone listed to us

I think Jessica is great, but last night was disappointing. I thought they all did a good job. Poor Holly, did you see her at the very end with her head down? She knows what's up. She's a sweet girl, but she is sooo tense, always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV