Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,444,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Me too!
his name is Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 08:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
You aren't kidding. There's a certain... ahem... class of women who tend to be attracted to him.

Anyone who would send a man a breast implant (here's my medical waste! Enjoy!) or kill a squirrel for him and give it to him during an autograph signing, or spend $300-$1000 on a crossbow that dude could buy himself, isn't playing with a full deck.

In normal life that would qualify for a PFA; in celebrity life I guess they are called "fans."
Hey now! I'm a Darryl fan. Probably wouldn't have taken any of the actions listed above though. Ewww.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
No squirrels from me, but I might elbow Ringo out of the way. Darryl is yummy. All squinty and dirty ...sigh. But he needs a shower and haircut. Those greasy locks are getting out of control.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:57 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Book material doesn't really matter. They've been playing fast and loose with the book material from Day 1 (to the betterment of the show, IMO).
You miss understood my point. Sure the show has been flowing fast and loose but it's STILL following the original comic & novel book plots. All I'm saying is there is plenty of plot lines left to carry the TV show well into the 10th season should ratings remain good.

Now there is talk about the TV show fast forwarding a bit in order for the show to catch up with the comics...one reason the comics slowed down. If/when that happens, you will finally get your stand alone TV series devoid of comic interference. Seeing how the show cans it's entire writing crew every season, I'm not overly optimistic that the show can stand on it's on writing...but only time will tell.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,283,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Book material doesn't really matter. They've been playing fast and loose with the book material from Day 1 (to the betterment of the show, IMO).
And now I think they're going to start sticking closer to the source material, which IMO sucks but oh well. I get why people who read the comic want to see it translated to the screen, but I'd prefer they just use it as a reference point instead of ripping scenes right out of the comic (e.g. Rick and Carl looking back at the prison, Abraham & Co.'s arrival)

Old 02-19-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hey now! I'm a Darryl fan. Probably wouldn't have taken any of the actions listed above though. Ewww.
Okay, the "probably" in your comment is freaking me out a bit.

He's a good looking man (I prefer Rick) and Norman Reedus seems like he'd be a hoot to grab a beer with, but I'm just saying... a lot of women who favor him tend to be a bit on the lower class side. I think they are excited to see a redneck that is sexy, so they think that their husband/boyfriend/baby daddy or whatever could someday be Just Like Daryl. (Never mind that their husband/boyfriend/baby daddy is 100 lbs overweight, balding, and hasn't left the couch since last year.)

In fact, Norman himself has commented that his fans tend to either be underage... or over-age.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:24 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Rick has footprints like a girl.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,095 times
Quote:

He's a good looking man (I prefer Rick) and Norman Reedus seems like he'd be a hoot to grab a beer with, but I'm just saying... a lot of women who favor him tend to be a bit on the lower class side. I think they are excited to see a redneck that is sexy, so they think that their husband/boyfriend/baby daddy or whatever could someday be Just Like Daryl. (Never mind that their husband/boyfriend/baby daddy is 100 lbs overweight, balding, and hasn't left the couch since last year.)

In fact, Norman himself has commented that his fans tend to either be underage... or over-age.
Hey, I resemble that, I'm from the country and I haven't moved from my chair all week! Being sick sucks! Damn, bring on the Spring already!

Anyhow, I wasn't going to say anything out of fear of being used for bow practice but this pretty much sums up how it comes across to me as well. It's nothing personal, half my childhood was spent out in the country where we all hunted and fished etc. It was a blast for sure but I wanted more out of life.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Hey, I resemble that, I'm from the country and I haven't moved from my chair all week! Being sick sucks! Damn, bring on the Spring already!

Anyhow, I wasn't going to say anything out of fear of being used for bow practice but this pretty much sums up how it comes across to me as well. It's nothing personal, half my childhood was spent out in the country where we all hunted and fished etc. It was a blast for sure but I wanted more out of life.
I'm also from the country and not ashamed of it, but there's a big difference between being a country gal who knows how to fish, shoot a bow and arrow, etc. yet can dress up and go to a five star restaurant, and a redneck who thinks wearing her best black jeans to Olive Garden is a hot night out. Sounds like we are on the same page Country does not have to = hillbilly.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:16 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:

Eh. Pretty much every gal I know that watches WD loves the character Daryl, for what he is in the show. I don't think anyone is wishing "their husband/boyfriend/baby daddy or whatever could someday be Just Like Daryl." Please. I dig the crossbow thing, and I dig that he's a quiet good guy/ bad ass type. I've always liked that kind of character. As far as his looks, frankly I think Daryl is more appealing than Norman. With Daryl, he has that "how great he would look if he got to clean himself up" kind of look. With Norman, well...clearly that's not the case.

Danai Gurira is the same way, IMHO. Much more appealing on the show, as Michone, than the images I have seen of the actress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV