Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Some clients refused to look downtown any longer and were looking at the UES, which hurt Fredrik's pride. I know the UES is on higher ground and power was not lost in that area. Also, a lot of buildings in that area have their own generators.

Bloomberg lives in that area, as well. So some people probably saw his speeches.

True, but like I said, most people didn't have power. All over Manhattan, it was spotty. Some had, some didn't.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
He did but he did it to himself. He uses people ---- especially women ---- and laughs about it. That's why he had no one to go to in the situation and he had to travel all the way to NH to stay with his parents until things got back to semi-normal in Manhattan.
I got the impression that he was wondering where he would run to if his parents were not there. He sure looked different in that casual getup. From his schedule, I don't know where there would be room in his life for another person. Since he seems to have no outside interests, he would probably benefit from a partner who was more well rounded and liked to talk about such things.

Are any of these men capable of carrying on a conversation that does not have anything to do with RE, I wonder? Is the size of their bank accounts the only thing that truly gives them pleasure in life? Do they travel?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I got the impression that he was wondering where he would run to if his parents were not there. He sure looked different in that casual getup. From his schedule, I don't know where there would be room in his life for another person. Since he seems to have no outside interests, he would probably benefit from a partner who was more well rounded and liked to talk about such things.

Are any of these men capable of carrying on a conversation that does not have anything to do with RE, I wonder? Is the size of their bank accounts the only thing that truly gives them pleasure in life? Do they travel?

I didn't get that impression. He was making call after call and no one was answering and no one called him back. He eventually decided the only place he had to go was to NH to his parents.

His schedule is not such that he wouldn't have room for another person. He has room in his life to lay any female that stands still long enough.

He's not working 24/7. Yes, he says he gets up at 430 to go to the gym and then to work but so what?? There are plenty of people who have to commute who get up at 430 and are out the door by 515 to catch their train to commute to their job. Even if he works until 8pm (which I'm sure he doesn't do everyday), he would still have time for a girlfriend.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
Ryan looked so sad walking around NYC all alone without any friends in his time of need during Hurricane Sandy.

he works from 5am till 1am, who has time for any friends. LOL

Old 05-16-2013, 11:47 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

by his own admission-yep. Money won't keep you company,as Ryan found out. Hopefully that was a wake up call for him,but I doubt it.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

He doesn't do this everyday. He probably does it maybe 3 times a week. He's not showing apartments at 1am and what's on the MLS site and other listings that the realtors use are not being updated at 1am.
His "1am" days are probably days when he has to write reports and catch up on other paperwork.

Like I said in my prior post, if he has time to wine/dine/lay any female that will stand still, he has time for a relationship. He just needs to find a woman who is just an into HER job as he is into his. They won't be spending a ton of time together but they will understand each others obsession with their jobs and find a way to make it work.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 AM

335 posts, read 670,558 times
Quote:
Here is what you asked:

can season 2 be seen on hulu, netflix or other? i am eliminating my cable for Apple TV? thank you

Here is what I answered:

The CURRENT season just started. We just saw episode 2. If you're looking for those, you can watch episodes on Bravo.com I'm pretty sure I mentioned Bravo.com in my earlier reply to you

Season 2 is the current season. Bravo plays episodes of the current season on Bravo.com. Not sure what you're missing or if it's just not registering what I'm saying

If you're wondering about hulu, etc --- they list on their site what shows they have available so you can check it out there.
You can't watch the current season on bravo....... unless i am looking in the wrong place please provide me on how to watch on bravo.com all i see is previews and mini interviews

Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 AM

335 posts, read 670,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
Ryan looked so sad walking around NYC all alone without any friends in his time of need during Hurricane Sandy.
i get the vibe that was fake.

how odd they all stayed home. Ryan claims to have went home for what a day. and the other guy was showing Marble house. COME ON!

If they were really in lower manhattan during the storm they have so many blue chip contacts they could have all rented out a high end home and shared it that would be real reality .....

or better yet if they were smart use the TV TIME to show off by doing something good like helping people who really were damaged by Sandy

Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
I didn't get that impression. He was making call after call and no one was answering and no one called him back. He eventually decided the only place he had to go was to NH to his parents.

His schedule is not such that he wouldn't have room for another person. He has room in his life to lay any female that stands still long enough.

He's not working 24/7. Yes, he says he gets up at 430 to go to the gym and then to work but so what?? There are plenty of people who have to commute who get up at 430 and are out the door by 515 to catch their train to commute to their job. Even if he works until 8pm (which I'm sure he doesn't do everyday), he would still have time for a girlfriend.
I'm not so sure about that. It takes time and effort to develop a relationship and mutual trust. I think the girls he sees are often one night stands and many may be attracted to the money, too, as a primary interest. He's shrewd enough to know that.

Have you heard of these couples who are married for a long time, and divorce during retirement? People can live together and think they are sharing their lives, but they are really involved in separate activities and when they finally have large blocks of time with no outside demands and have to face each other, they don't like what they see.

I think, for many people, the job gets in the way of their lives. Some people give you the impression that the job is their only reason for living. I think it's a sickness that's often encouraged by our society.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,194,055 times
The Real and the Unreal on Reality TV

Michael Lorber, a broker at Elliman and the son of its chairman, Howard Lorber, said he decided to quit the show after the first season because it did little for his business. It is filled with scenes recreated for the cameras, he said. Scenes of the brokers waking up in the morning, for instance, were often filmed in the afternoon. One time the producers asked him to dress in winter clothing in the summer to walk into a building, for a shot that would be added to a show that had been taped long before. “It was so stupid,” he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV