Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:58 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,524,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
No.
This is a discussion board. I'm discussing.
Make sense now?
Absolutely.

But Daniel's made much more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 10:39 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,553,487 times
Absolutely looking forward to this. I've watched the last three seasons and I think it has gotten better each season. I too wonder if Phil's sons will be able to work for a captain on a boat they are part owner of. The Cornelia Marie has the most drama of any boats but they are going to have to make some money this season, as they probably lost money last season. One of the deckhands on the Hillstrand brothers boat was found dead in a hotel room after last season, only 33. They didn't reveal his cause of death which means he probably OD'd. Alot of these guys have drug and alcohol problems.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,079,241 times
If I understand the article the Cornelia Marie was not out this time. Jake and Josh went on different boats. Josh on the Time Bandit and Jake on the Northwestern.

Also read that Elliott captain of the Ramblin Rose has been in trouble with his babys mother. She has a restraint order against him. She says he has been drinking and possibly using drugs and she is afraid of him. Apparently there was some domestic violence in the past.

Freddy also was in trouble and charged with assaulting a guy.

Never a dull moment........

Looking forward to the new season.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:00 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,540,890 times
Deadliest Catch is one of the best "reality" shows going. Been great since day one.

If you don't like it, it's just not your cup-o-tea, no need to bash it for the rest of us.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,038,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
If I understand the article the Cornelia Marie was not out this time. Jake and Josh went on different boats. Josh on the Time Bandit and Jake on the Northwestern.

Also read that Elliott captain of the Ramblin Rose has been in trouble with his babys mother. She has a restraint order against him. She says he has been drinking and possibly using drugs and she is afraid of him. Apparently there was some domestic violence in the past.

Freddy also was in trouble and charged with assaulting a guy.

Never a dull moment........

Looking forward to the new season.
thanks for the updates.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:03 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,005,338 times
Yes, thanks for the updates.

I, too, am curious about Captain Phil's sons. Will they be on the Cornelia Marie together again? Could they handle the memories?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:24 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,954,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I'm curious to see how Captain Phil's sons turn out.
I am too. My bet is one makes it the other does not.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,038,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I am too. My bet is one makes it the other does not.
At first I thought that too, but he's been on ships for 8 years now and he's catching on pretty good throwing that hook. He seems to be sober now so maybe he has a chance.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,036,044 times
I can't remember the boat (maybe the Kodiak?)or captains name but he was added not long ago and is a big bearded man. His son is on the boat with him. Since they've been following him I've thought he is the worst person to work for and a close second is the captain on the Wizard. I know it's not easy to be a captain but they go way to far at being a-holes to everyone that works for them and even cameramen and their own son. Yes the others are too but they just seem way over board.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times
Interesting season so far...

1) Having the Cornelia sit out was a real surprise on the opener. Good to see the boys hook up with the other captains. It looks like Jake is going to take camera time from the other Jake (on the Northwestern). I hope the young man can stay clean. Maybe Matt and Edgar (I think) can be a support center for him as they are recovering as well.

2) Time Bandit had so little air time this week. Only a couple of minutes for Josh's birthday call to Jake (and the obligatory picture of Phil).

3) Is it me or do I feel justified in disliking Elliott on the RR? He seems like a little snot that needs to get his comeuppance for setting pot for pot on the Seabrook. Get him Wild Bill!!!

4) Even though Capt Keith is the least personable captain, I have no problem with Wild Bill. I think he takes too much crap from the crew (have you listened to the guys dump on him from the deck?). He gave his crew too many "last chances" to straighten up last season. I'm glad he cleaned house. Now he needs to do something with Whipper. That dude is a slacker!

Anyway, that's it for now. Good fishing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV