Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:46 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,154 times

Advertisements

If the title sounds filmiliar, you probably hang out in comic shops. That's right, other Comic book based TV show. AMC has confirmed they will be converting another comic book by writer Robert Kirkman into a TV show, Rick Kirkman is the co-creator of The Walking Dead. The book is on it's third issue ( just came out today) and so far so good. Anyhow, I just figured I would run this by people in case we had any Robert Kirkman or Comic fans.

AMC Developing New Comic-Based Series From 'The Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman - Deadline.com

Update: AMC working on Pilot!

Thief of Thieves Pilot On The Way From AMC: Robert Kirkman’s Elaborate Plan To Steal TV An Hour At A Time Continues | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,675,499 times
too bad i cant see the links at work, but awesome!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
too bad i cant see the links at work, but awesome!
Sorry about that, one of these days I'm going to remember you and being unable to view some of this stuff.

Info from first link: AMC Developing New Comic-Based Series From 'The Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman - Deadline.com

"AMC has put in development Thief of Thieves, a new project from The Walking Dead executive producer/writer Robert Kirkman and Chic Eglee based upon Kirkman’s new comic of the same name. “Much like The Walking Dead brought horror to television in a unique and groundbreaking way, I feel Thief of Thieves can do the same thing for heist stories, showing the humanity of all the characters, including the criminals,” said Kirkman, on whose 2003 Walking Dead comic the hit AMC zombie series is based. Thief of Thieves, which Kirkman based on his experience in the writer’s room of The Walking Dead, centers on master thief Conrad Paulson who, while attempting to reconcile with his estranged wife and son, vows to walk the straight and narrow, only to discover he’s completely addicted to the thrill of stealing."

2nd link: Thief of Thieves Pilot On The Way From AMC: Robert Kirkman’s Elaborate Plan To Steal TV An Hour At A Time Continues | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

"Conrad is the star of Robert Kirkman‘s new book, Thief of Thieves. He’s a master thief who wants to quit to return to his family and ends up being forced to steal from other thieves. It’s an immensely fun book, witty, sharp, funny and paced and structured like nothing I’ve seen in years. If this was a movie, I’d expect it to be directed by Stephen Soderbergh, star George Clooney and have a David Holmes soundtrack.

According to The Wrap, it’s all set for a small screen pilot on AMC, the same network that’s home to writer Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead. It’s a smart, logical move, if nothing else because Thief of Thieves is much, much more instantly accessible as a concept than The Walking Dead.

That being said, this has the early look of a series very much from The Walking Dead family (Albeit, of course, without Uncle Frank who no one talks about anymore). The show is being produced by Chic Eglee and Robert Alpert, one former Walking Dead producer and one current one and both clearly on good working terms with Kirkman. Eglee’s also an executive producer on FX’s TV adaptation of Powers and I’m sure the speculation about how well that production’s going will only be made worse by him being attached to such a high end project elsewhere."

Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 AM

Should we make a dash to the comic book store and buy up all the #1 issues?

I remember the walking dead comic book sold for 1000 dollars after the tv show came out. I think it was the issue where the introduce mhkonne

Im going to try to see if i can buy a few of them just in case after work

Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Should we make a dash to the comic book store and buy up all the #1 issues?

I remember the walking dead comic book sold for 1000 dollars after the tv show came out. I think it was the issue where the introduce mhkonne

Im going to try to see if i can buy a few of them just in case after work
You could get lucky but it was a some what popular title when it first hit the shelves. It's worth looking but don't get your hopes up. One thing to look for above all else is the Comix Pro or Retailer Ice 1st issue covers. These are rare and have already sold for 75.00-200.00 on eBay. They cooled off on eBay for a while until news hit of a TV show. So I suspect these covers will get really wild if the show comes anything close to TWD. I was actually lucky and ran across one for $9.99 before everything got hot....but I sold it for $100 lol Anyhow, if you can't find either copies including a regular cover, pick a few up on eBay now while their only $10-15 each.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM

I was looking on the internet and it said there are only 2 issues so far so i figured that the first issue might still be available to comic book stores. Either way Im going tomorrow during lunch to see what they have.

And what do you mean comix pro or retailer ice? Are those different version of the thief of thieves comic book?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I was looking on the internet and it said there are only 2 issues so far so i figured that the first issue might still be available to comic book stores. Either way Im going tomorrow during lunch to see what they have.

And what do you mean comix pro or retailer ice? Are those different version of the thief of thieves comic book?
There is 3 variant first print covers for the 1st issue of Thief of Thieves. This is only counting first prints and not 2nd or 3rds etc.

The Comix Pro cover was given out to people who attended Expo Comic Convention put on by Image Comics.

The RRA or Ice cover was given out to retailers (Comic Shop Owners) who attended a Comic Retailer Meeting.

I can't recall for sure but these are limited to 500...I think the Comic Pro is actually limited around 250 copies. The regular store or news stand is something like 15,000-25,000 copies. So the Retailer incentive and Convention covers will be worth more in the long run.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM

22,915 posts, read 28,256,756 times
Kirkman's comic work is very hit and miss. The Walking Dead actually had a very weak start, but then got very, very good. Invincible is probably my all-time favorite comic book.

But Kirkman also did a Wolfman comic that I can't remember the name of, and he did Battle Pope, both of which were horridly awful.

I haven't yet read Thief of Thieves. Premise sounds great. How is it?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM

51 posts, read 102,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I haven't yet read Thief of Thieves. Premise sounds great. How is it?
Honestly, it's too early. I mean I like what I've read so far but I want to see what happens in the next 3-4 issues. It's deffently better than some of the other new stuff I've read recently.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBlackSheep View Post
Honestly, it's too early. I mean I like what I've read so far but I want to see what happens in the next 3-4 issues. It's deffently better than some of the other new stuff I've read recently.
Cool, someone else has been reading ToT

Anyhow, samething, I generally give new titles 5-10 issues provided I find the first issue interesting...which I did. So I'm going to see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV