Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 06:32 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Cristina was losing it. PTSD from last year's finale, plus this plane crash, plus the stress of marital problems, etc. So maybe she jabbed him a BIT too hard. But the only way to tell if the pilot had any feeling in his legs was to prick his leg with SOMETHING! What I was wondering was did ANYONE try their cell phones...maybe they did and I don't remember it? Really...at least they could have used some imagination. A plane crash? Seriously? That's been done to death! Shonda must be losing it! And getting lazy...and as usual, not caring what the fans want! And what does she have against poor Lexie?
I wondered the same thing..Surely they all had cell phones that were on airplane mode but could easily be accessed. All couldn't have had a dead battery but maybe we are to assume things were sucked out the side like Derrick. All I know is my husband and son put their cell phone in their pocket when flying and they all still had their pants on in the show so where were all the cell phones??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 09:52 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I wondered the same thing..Surely they all had cell phones that were on airplane mode but could easily be accessed. All couldn't have had a dead battery but maybe we are to assume things were sucked out the side like Derrick. All I know is my husband and son put their cell phone in their pocket when flying and they all still had their pants on in the show so where were all the cell phones??
I give the writers a pass on that one. There are lots of areas in the deep woods where a cell doesn't work.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:56 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,936 times
I know there are places where no cell phones have reception. But they should have shown, after the initial shock, that those able to do so, reached for their cell phones, checked them, saw they had no receptional at all, then they would have tried again later just hoping it had changed. I've been in places where there was zero reception...10 to 100 feet away there might be some usable reception. So in an emergency, I would if able, walk around with a cell phone watching it hoping to see the bars. I've been around doctors. Cell phones are such an essential part of their lives, that would be their first instinct when they realized they needed help. For that matter, most anyone with a cell phone would immediately think of that if they weren't completely out of it. IMHO, this is just one of many things showing how little intelligent thought went into this show.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,467 times
Quote:
I know there are places where no cell phones have reception. But they should have shown, after the initial shock, that those able to do so, reached for their cell phones, checked them, saw they had no receptional at all, then they would have tried again later just hoping it had changed. I've been in places where there was zero reception...10 to 100 feet away there might be some usable reception. So in an emergency, I would if able, walk around with a cell phone watching it hoping to see the bars. I've been around doctors. Cell phones are such an essential part of their lives, that would be their first instinct when they realized they needed help. For that matter, most anyone with a cell phone would immediately think of that if they weren't completely out of it. IMHO, this is just one of many things showing how little intelligent thought went into this show.
I'd be the opposite, spending my time triaging patients. I certainly wouldn't wander far out of sight of the wreck trying to get reception. Regardless, they did provide a reasonable out for the first several hours: The docs thought the plane transponder had already done the job.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,312,159 times
or get a broken mirror type thing to signal the plane going overhead. keep the fire going, rather than being such a small little fire. know the flare should have worked but didn't.

guess they were all in shock.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:29 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,255 times
They could have sent up smoke signals if they had kept the fire going.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:39 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,936 times
Yeah, probably wilderness survival wasn't taught in medical school. Would have been nice to have Teddy or Owen on this trip...they were in the military and would know how to do these things. If help doesn't arrive soon, more will die. With all those tall trees, it would be hard for anyone to find them quickly if the transponder really doesn't work at all. Even if a flight plan was filed. I still think a cell phone call is worth a try. Only a brain dead person would not try. The pilot had said 4 hours for help when he thought the transponder would work...that's a long time when people are injured. Then 4 long hours they waited and still nobody knows if help is even coming. They'd need a large fire for a good smoke signal...they don't even have matches anymore.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
I bet the pilot dies. Lexie can't be the only one who dies! Maybe Sloane too.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Yeah, probably wilderness survival wasn't taught in medical school. Would have been nice to have Teddy or Owen on this trip...they were in the military and would know how to do these things..
Or one of the nonexistent emergency medicine physicians whose jobs have been usurped by the omnipresent surgeons...surgeons who for some reason practice internal medicine all the time, too...

Honestly, though, cave men kept fires going. What kind of idiot can't keep a fire going?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:50 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Or one of the nonexistent emergency medicine physicians whose jobs have been usurped by the omnipresent surgeons...surgeons who for some reason practice internal medicine all the time, too...

Honestly, though, cave men kept fires going. What kind of idiot can't keep a fire going?
Look at who's in charge of that job...'nuf said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV