Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 PM

4,067 posts, read 5,666,038 times

Advertisements

Arizona left her there because she knew Callie didn't really want to go and would be really whiny over there. Her big mistake was coming back and trying to get Callie back. If I was Arizona, I'd dump her so fast! Callie doesn't really care about anyone but herself. It took me a long time to see that, but now I know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,274,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Arizona left her there because she knew Callie didn't really want to go and would be really whiny over there. Her big mistake was coming back and trying to get Callie back. If I was Arizona, I'd dump her so fast! Callie doesn't really care about anyone but herself. It took me a long time to see that, but now I know!

too! I don't really care for either one of them anymore.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:17 PM

2,747 posts, read 465,951 times
I thought the episode this week was awesome. IMO about Callie and Arizona, I think Arizona should still be on, find someone else, and rub Callie's nose in it. I've always liked Callie except for how they've made her the last few episodes and all of a sudden she seems really self-absorbed in herself. It's like she's toting around this big ego. But I still like them both and don't want to see either one of them leave. Glad Mark is back with Lexxie. Like that match-up. I think they left the plot open for Teddy to fall for the guy she married... Hope so. He's cool.

And FYI-Saw on Twitter renewed for another season. Yeahhhhh!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM

13,774 posts, read 26,630,240 times
I quit watching from Season 4-6, but so far I kind of like this season.

If you think about it Callie's relationships have tended to be ones where she gets dumped on. In early life her boyfriends hassled her about being rich or dated her for being rich. George cheated on her with Izzie and Hahn told her she wasn't principled enough or lesbian enough or something. (I'd quit watching by the time her and Hahn had a real relationship, but I saw that one on cable) When she started seeing Arizona her Dad pretty much disowned her for a time. (I'm socially conservative Catholic so I got his position, although maybe he didn't do it quite right)

And from what I recall of the seasons I watched she would often mope or feel bad about herself when those kinds of things happened. She is deeply insecure in many ways and with good reason in a way because other people often are judging her. So to me I think she's kind of just overcompensating the other way. The thing with Arizona I think is breaking her heart, but she wants to be tough and hardcore about it. She wants people to be on her (Callie's) side rather than it always be Callie as the weird Amazon who drives lovers away and can't decide her own sexual orientation. I think she's being sort-of a jerk, but I also understand where she's coming from in a way. She's tired of being love's punching bag so she's taken the position of being the puncher so to speak. Not saying it's healthy, but if that's what the writers are thinking I get it. The Arizona character even seems to get it to some extent.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 PM

Great episode tonight-so many things going on. Christina's back on her game, Mer trying to get pregnant again, and the ending, oh so awesome. Callie pregnant by Mark, I never saw that one coming. Mark just got back with Lexie, what's this going to do to them again. Will Arizona walk away from Callie one more time. I can't even begin to guess what route they will take on this. Can't wait to find out, though.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 AM

13,774 posts, read 26,630,240 times
This is going to sound maybe wrong, but she was willing to have a baby with Callie and that meant a man would be involved even if just as a sperm donor. They were broken up when she got pregnant by Mark and she apparently knew Callie was at Mark's.

Is it just that it would be awkward for her to have the father be someone they know? Or she doesn't want to be reminded that Callie has sometimes been attracted to guys too?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,470,415 times
No, I don't think so. Arizona made it pretty clear last season that she had ZERO interest in having children. A big part of last season was Callie badgering her to have one. A baby is a game changer in ANY relationship - even in traditional marriages/relationships. It changes the dynamics of a couple - for good or for bad. In the case of a couple trying to reconcile and restore trust in each other (Callie & Arizona AND Mark & Little Grey), it is going to have major impact.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
This is going to sound maybe wrong, but she was willing to have a baby with Callie and that meant a man would be involved even if just as a sperm donor. They were broken up when she got pregnant by Mark and she apparently knew Callie was at Mark's.

Is it just that it would be awkward for her to have the father be someone they know? Or she doesn't want to be reminded that Callie has sometimes been attracted to guys too?
I don't think it's because she slept with a guy, I think it's just that she slept with someone, period. The night they break up, she sleeps with Mark, think of what that looks like. I don't think Arizona can see that it was consolation sex.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:21 AM

664 posts, read 1,030,977 times
I didn't see last nights episode, it's still on my DVD, Callie and Mark & baby, didn't see it coming. This should make for a very interesting season.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:46 PM

23,926 posts, read 33,779,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
I don't think it's because she slept with a guy, I think it's just that she slept with someone, period. The night they break up, she sleeps with Mark, think of what that looks like. I don't think Arizona can see that it was consolation sex.
When they broke up Arizona left Callie standing at the airport; then she left. I'm curious how long she was gone for but she can't be surprised that Callie went with Mark.

I didn't think Mark was back with little Grey yet; I thought he was trying to win her back. I actually like Mark & Callie together & hope that little Grey goes with Arizona.

I'm really surprised at Teddy.. she's married to a hottie & is being a cold fish. It obvious they are attracted to each other. I guess she's still hung up on Owen; wish he & Yang would break up.

As far as Derrick & Merr having a baby; I'd like to see him really address her losing it in the OR. She's probably not emotionally ready to have a baby.

I wish they'd get rid of Avery & April. Neither does anything for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV