Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times

Advertisements

Wow, lol no one cared enought about the season finale! I rushed through most of it to see who won. Really eh season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Wow, lol no one cared enought about the season finale! I rushed through most of it to see who won. Really eh season.
this is the first time since the show has been on the air that we didn't watch. Didn't care too much for the new format, and didn't really feel a connection with any of the contestants.

I think we only watched 3 episodes, and then just quit on it. Something has to change. They should go back to the old 2-day format. Otherwise, the show might not last for much longer.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
I think the dancers are amazing and talented. I was happy with the final results.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I think the dancers are amazing and talented. I was happy with the final results.
I felt the same way. I would have been happy with any of the final 4 winning (plus Cole or Will!). But, again, I need to say it - last season's winner, Melanie Moore, totally shined during that final group number! She's just magical.

I'm so glad the guys from Dragon House got to perform! I remember Bryan Gaynor (dancer in gold) from a previous performance on the show, plus this audition:

Brian Gaynor dancing to Owl City’s Fireflies — Lost At E Minor: For creative people (that's the only mobile version I could find & couldn't figure out how to link just the video, sorry - It's worth clicking through if you haven't seen him before!)

I didn't like the one-night-only format. As much as the results shows draggggggged on, I definitely prefer that format.

I wish they'd release DVDs (or streaming!) of previous seasons. I started watching during Season 5, and would like to see dancers like Twitch and Travis Wall in their seasons.

Speaking of Twitch - how much did I love this?! I so enjoyed watching Christopher Scott dance; he looked like he was having a blast!

[HD] Comfort, tWitch, Cyrus & Chris Scott - Holy Ghost - #SYTYCD 9 (Finale) - YouTube

Old 09-22-2012, 01:08 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,558,304 times
Worst season ever. This used to be my favorite summertime show and I only watched 4 episodes this year. It was so...uninspired. And two hours is WAY too long for this show.

Haven't even watched the finale yet, I'll get around to it eventually I guess.

^charlottegal you can get all the past seasons on DVD. Check on amazon!

Old 09-22-2012, 05:03 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

^charlottegal you can get all the past seasons on DVD. Check on amazon!
No, they're not available. FOX hasn't released them. If you check the Amazon page, you'll see the "reviews" are people begging for them to release the DVDs.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,558,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
No, they're not available. FOX hasn't released them. If you check the Amazon page, you'll see the "reviews" are people begging for them to release the DVDs.
I bought a few seasons last year. They aren't official Fox released ones but they are good quality. I might have got them on another site, but they are out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV