Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,738,245 times

Advertisements

Hardcore Pawn - I can't stand all the bickering between Seth and Ashley. It gets old when a customer asks for a ridiculous amount of money for something that is practically worthless and then asks to speak to a manager.

Operation Repo - Sonia is a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen. It seems like she gets fatter in every episode. She and Froy remind me of Seth and Ashley with all their childish arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM

393 posts, read 1,203,048 times
Unforgettable
Duets
Dancing With the Stars

Old 07-05-2012, 10:18 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,657,369 times
97% of them, right now I try to watch absolutely nothing.
I am waiting for fall and if nothing improves, I will read until somebody comes up with something but it will probably get cancelled.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,745 times
Storage Wars Texas-Wow, talk about a breakdown in entertainment between this program and the regular Storage Wars.
Duck Dynasty-One episode until the first commercial break. Beneath the bottom of the barrel programming.

Toy Hunters-They will be going weekly later this year, but the one-off they did show was horrible. Badly edited and you need to check your intelligence at the door for this one if you are anywhere near the collecting world.

Holmes on Homes-That dude comes off as the biggest tool in the business.

Love It or List It-Do they pay the home owners bonuses on a per insult/hissy fit scale? Seems so heavily staged with that mess, plus the chick on that show irritates me with her accent, though I am strangely drawn to her...her lead construction guy (they showcased his home one time for a renovation) comes off as the textbook pinhead who thinks he knows more than anybody because he swings one of those metal topped bang-bangs onto wood all day. The real estate agent on that show seems like he'd be a goofy guy and possesses alot of one liners and smarminess. He's alright.

TNA-I can only stomach most of what goes on in the ring. Put a microphone in front of anyone's face or go backstage, it's over.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:13 AM

891 posts, read 2,451,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Mad Men
Downton Abbey (only lasted about 10 minutes with this one )
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
The West Wing
Sons of Anarchy
Six Feet Under
The Sopranos

...to name but a few. They sounded good on paper but they either bored me to tears, tried too hard to be "edgy" and/or had zero likeable characters to keep me tuning in.

Unless you watched 6 episodes with concentration of The Wire than you didn't give it enough of a try. I started watcing it several times and each time I stopped, but then I finally pushed through to episodes 5 and 6 and still didn't love it, but decided I could keep watching finished season #1 and it is now my favorite show of all time.

I would recommend you sticking with it a little longer. Sort of like reading a good book, sometimes you have to work your way through the chapters to appreciate the good parts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV