Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times

Advertisements

Remember when it used to Maks that Len picked on until Maks blew his stack on national tv? I just don't like the judges too much anymore. They are biased towards some, too critical of others and just don't seem to play "fair". The bars always seem to be moving, especially Len's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Remember when it used to Maks that Len picked on until Maks blew his stack on national tv? I just don't like the judges too much anymore. They are biased towards some, too critical of others and just don't seem to play "fair". The bars always seem to be moving, especially Len's.

Len had good reasons to criticize Maks that season. I'll agree that Carrie Ann and Bruno could be easily replaced but Len is truly very knowledgeable about the rules of dancing and he's pretty honest in his judging. I may not always agree with what he says and how he scores but then I have to remind myself that I know nothing about dancing -- I just know what I like.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
I didn't think Emmitt deserved 3 tens for his threesome. Couldn't understand that jungle dance either, but it was sure fun to watch! I love seeing Shawn dance. She's gone from gymnast graceful to ballerina graceful! It's beautiful to watch.

Sorry, but I am not a fan of Melissa's. She's so perfect, so talented, and her blinding-white teeth that you can see from the Space Shuttle, it's all too much for me!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:54 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,078,504 times
I can tell Kirstie is having a great time but it really is time for her to go. I think deep down inside she knows it is her time. If she would be saved there will be a lot of angry people because it really wouldn't be fair to the others.

I've said before my feelings on Kelly and I hope she goes along with Kirstie.

For some reason I get the feeling that Emmit isn't really into it this time around. I know he says the rights things but to me their is something missing and I feel he probably wouldn't mind leaving.

I am worried about Apollo. I really like him but as others mentioned he might not have the fan base to carry him through.

What Len said about Derek and Mark was true. They have to remember their partner is trying to win this and why would you do a dance that you know could give them a lower score. Aside from that I did love the dance.

I love seeing Tony having so much fun this time. He deserves it. It is a tough choice but I think I would like to see Tony and Melissa win.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I can tell Kirstie is having a great time but it really is time for her to go. I think deep down inside she knows it is her time. If she would be saved there will be a lot of angry people because it really wouldn't be fair to the others.

I've said before my feelings on Kelly and I hope she goes along with Kirstie.

For some reason I get the feeling that Emmit isn't really into it this time around. I know he says the rights things but to me their is something missing and I feel he probably wouldn't mind leaving.

I am worried about Apollo. I really like him but as others mentioned he might not have the fan base to carry him through.

What Len said about Derek and Mark was true. They have to remember their partner is trying to win this and why would you do a dance that you know could give them a lower score. Aside from that I did love the dance.

I love seeing Tony having so much fun this time. He deserves it. It is a tough choice but I think I would like to see Tony and Melissa win.

I've been a fan of Kirstie's just because of her entertainment value -- but I almost choked last night when she said she thought she really could win this season. I'll be sad to see her go home tonight but it's time.

And I agree, totally, about Emmitt. I think he knows he's outclassed this season. He has great work ethic and is willing to do whatever it takes to be the best that he can (whether on the football field or the dance floor) but it must be somewhat discouraging for him to realize that he has very little chance of winning. However, he never stops smiling and is such a decent guy that I'll vote for him until the end (even though I think Melissa and Tony should win).

Glad to see another person agrees about Derek's trio dance choreography. Derek likes to take chances and they usually pay off -- but even he implied, during the rehearsal, that there were just a few dance steps in the performance. That was too much risk at this stage of the competition. I dont think Shawn will go home tonight but she should be worried.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
They do seem to be wishy washy at times but I do think Len is trying to keep dancing rules in place. Carrie Ann likes the more edgy stuff and seems to over look some of the "rules" if the dance excited her & the crowd. Bruno is a flipper between old school and new school I think the edgy stuff really excites him but a little voice is saying "that wasn't ballroom or they missed a lot of rules".

Now on the other hand(s) they each have their favorites and they each overlook rules in order to score them high to keep them around. Which brings me to a point that came up in my local circle of fans watching DWTS.

Do the judges see how each star's votes are broken down? Like do they know how much audience votes are backing a particular dancer? If so wouldn't that make them score a dancer higher to kind of sway the audience vote in order to keep their fav around another week perhaps? Like when I first started watching I didn't think some were good judges would give them a 9 or 10. That lead me to believe and know they are more knowledgable than I so I would phone in for the couple the judges scored high on. Silly yes but I was just on the learning curve then don't judge me.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM

Even though I vote every week, I suspect that the producers decide who stays and who goes home.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Even though I vote every week, I suspect that the producers decide who stays and who goes home.
You're saying DWTS voting could possibly be rigged, tfw?? You know that couldn't be remotely true! No one stays unless they deserve it. What are you talking about? Bristol Palin was soooo much better than those who got eliminated before her. Kirstie too.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yeah, I agree with all this ^^. I loved the "Jungle" dance, even though it's true there weren't many actual dance steps. I couldn't believe the smack-down from Len, though.

WTF is the matter with Kirstie? Not only was her "dancing" really terrible last night, but she acted higher than a kite. Something is wrong with her......

I enjoyed the whole evening outside of Kirstie. They all outdid themselves. Not sure who is going home besides Kirstie.
The feeling I get is there is a dicotomy in the dance world which is growing. Len didn't much like the fusion dances at all, in concept, but judged on the elements of them very stringently. From what pro ensambles that are showcased, dance had become a much more experimental exercise than it was. Len is clearly old school. I personally LOVED the jungle dance over some of the others for the way it came together. The artestry was wonderful. The others judges liked it much better than Len.

I personally hate hip hop dancing, but if they include it in the show something like the jungle dance should have a home to. At least it was creative and had a lot of energy and was excellently performed.

The show started with strictly ballroom, but had expanded into a lot more, and its dance that the pros routienly perform, so its hardly a surprise they incorperate it. I'm curious weather 'ballroom dancing' had expanded its horizons generally or this is just DWTS.

I'm wondering if Kirstie is in a lot of pain. They use painkillers with injuries and no doubt to help with performance. This isn't just DWTS but in dance as well. Maybe she is getting a little too high a dose.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I am beginning to think so ^^^^. But poor Shawn gets screwed in the bargain, and she deserves better.
I'm sure that's part of it. To me, that he takes liberties and makes them work is a *sign* of his talent. And I like that he's willing to as well. That makes his an artist. Other judges seem to recognize his creativity over Len. I will be sorry for him to go. I do hope that we'll be seeing lots more of Tristan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV