Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 04:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times

Advertisements

Dont forget: The new season for DWTS starts tonight!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 04:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Dont forget: The new season for DWTS starts tonight!!!
I won't be watching it, at least in the beginning.

I'm hoping that a "certain someone" gets booted early and then I'll jump back into it.

In the meantime, though, I'll be following this thread for my "fix."

Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
the PROBLEM is that Bristol is only on when there is a political event happening.....shes pimpin for mama and her party.....and im a part of mammas party.....REP not TEA
OK. The show started tonight. Which political event is happening?

You don't know?

That's what I thought.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
Cinebar, if you're not watching because of any particular performer, you're missing a lot.

My brief observations so far:

There's a change in judging this season. 1/2 points have been added (or subtracted).

Brooke has really lost a lot of weight.

A little of Joey Fatone goes a long way.

Shawn and Derrick looked wonderful.

Sabrina and Louis were absolutely awesome.

Helio looked rather stiff -- he actually didnt look like a returning winner at all (yes, I know he won five long seasons ago, but I still expected more fluidity from him.)

It's too bad that Tristan was paired up with Pamela, one of only two stars this season who never made it to the finals -- he deserved to be paired up with a past winner.

I'd forgotten how good Melissa and Tony were. Her lines are almost perfect. But she wore a long chiffony skirt and I kept waiting for her to catch her heel in the hem. (Luckily, she didnt.)

Apolo is so much fun but I thought he looked really rusty.

I've never been a fan of Gilles but that could change this season. His dancing looked flawless. He's got the highest score so far.

Bristol has improved tremendously.

Drew looked stiff and even a bit nervous.

Kelly Monaco looked great. Her outfit was something I'd expect to see on one of the pros (aka skimpy). Her dancing was almost perfect.

I didnt care for the routine Maks worked up for Kirstie and him. And she looked very nervous/stiff/old. I'm hoping to see their chemistry improve to what it was previously.

I cant wait to see Emmitt Smith dance.

I wish Kelly Osborne were on the show this season.

The dance numbers are very short tonight -- understandable since there are 13 stars. Edited to add that only some of the dance numbers were very short -- others seemed to be longer.

There are so many familiar faces in the crowd. A lot of previous performers are there tonight. I think I'm going to enjoy this season most of all.

Editing as each star performs.

Last edited by TFW46; 09-24-2012 at 07:48 PM..

Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I can tell you who I'm NOT looking forward to seeing again...Bristol Palin.

Looking forward to seeing Gilles and I'd like to see him partnered with Cheryl.
Yes. They introduced her as a reality star.
No longer a teen advocate.
Advocate for teen pregnancy, I was thinking.

The thing is, I thought her mom's fans carried her through the last program. Let's see if she's improved.

Gilles is gorgeous and Cheryl is one of my faves.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:20 PM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
I'm DVR'ing it, I think it will be fun to see Apolo, Joey and some of the others. Bristol~~~not so much, Pamela~~not so much!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Cinebar, if you're not watching because of any particular performer, you're missing a lot.
That is pretty much the case.

I just got pretty disgusted with the previous go-'round with Bristol. In the beginning, I actually had a little respect for her - to come out like she did and do something she had never done before. And I was even a little pleasantly surprised at how well she did at first, not really having been a performer before.

But as the weeks went by, and I saw far more worthy contestants voted off for the only reason that Bristol's mother's rabid fans kept her on, I got pretty fed up with the whole process.

We'll see. Maybe I'll cave. Maybe not. A lot depends on what I read here.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Interesting article about former stars who arent on this season's DWTS:

'DWTS: All-Stars': Who's Missing and Why | Photo Gallery - Yahoo! TV

The show asked Joey Lawrence, Mario Lopez, Brandy, Chelsea Kane and Kim and Rob Kardashian to come back but all reportedly said no. You can read the various reasons why in the article.

And, very interestingly, Kate Gosselin asked the show if they'd bring her back but they apparently said no. Same for Cloris Leachman.

Oh, the gods be praised!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
Wow! Bristol has lost a ton of weight! She looks great! Still can't dance but I give it to her for improving her appearance!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta View Post
wow! Bristol has lost a ton of weight! She looks great! still can't dance but i give it to her for improving her appearance!
lol!!!!:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV