Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,155,272 times

Advertisements

He reeks of smug. And I can't stand smug.

Give me Stephen Colbert any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,436,545 times
Love it. Direct at best

Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,118,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Love it.
I love the Bill Maher show as well.

He's definitely smug and has an enormous ego, but I agree with most of his political views so I don't mind it

the "new rules" segment is my favorite part of the show.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,436,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I love the Bill Maher show as well.

He's definitely smug and has an enormous ego, but I agree with most of his political views so I don't mind it

the "new rules" segment is my favorite part of the show.
Bill and I are from the same neck of the woods in NJ so I get him

Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,782,236 times
Watching him go back and forth with Donald Trump on Twitter is much better than his show.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,985,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
I'm still waiting for him to give Donald the 5 million bet he lost. I don't remember Bill betting Obama on something. I thought that was Donald.
I don't know how I am confusing you.

You know that Maher donated, personally, a million dollars to the second Obama campaign, no?

It is general information that, if you donate enough to a campaign and the person gets elected, you do get special treatment, such as an audience with the elected official. I would think that a mill contribution in a presidential election gets that perk.

I am kind of hoping that Maher's pressing issue to the President will be the environment. Without that, all the other issues are nothing.

You know that money buys elections, often. That's why business interests are so catered to in our government, why foriegn workers are allowed to take preference over Americans.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,864,921 times
I like the show but when he has a special guest, and they sit next to him, he keeps touching them! It's beyond creepy. Snoop dogg was the latest to be overly touched by Maher. What is that about?! *shudder*

Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,405,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I like the show but when he has a special guest, and they sit next to him, he keeps touching them! It's beyond creepy. Snoop dogg was the latest to be overly touched by Maher. What is that about?! *shudder*
I noticed that too this time. Kind of weird.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 AM

14,699 posts, read 14,674,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I noticed that too this week, like he was going overboard to show America how comfortable he was with a black guy from the hood (something he would rail against if it was anyone else).
I like the show, but he does recycle topics too often...especially religion and the drug war. I mean, I'm with him on both subjects, but there's so much more which can be discussed. I pretty much watch it for New Rules, which is both consistently hilarious and thought-provoking. He was on-point with the food scarcity issue, which most Americans have heard nothing about and don't think will every affect them.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,985,404 times
I hardly notice the touching.
It might be that he just wants to put the guy at ease.
I don't remember, but does he do this with women, too?

It's only with the guy in that seat, isn't it?
I mean in the initial interview in a dark studio in 'the chairs' he does not lean over to tough that person, does he?

Oh, I do remember thinking that, when a guest is monopolizing the conversation or is steering it away from where Bill wants it to go, he sometimes touches them as a friendly way to make them pause so he can step in again.

I think it's just part of his strategic mix to move the show along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV