Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:57 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,280,433 times

Advertisements

Is this show done yet? After a few episodes, you know the story, nothing ever changes. I can't stand it when I tune to National Geographic Channel to have my kids watch something they will learn from, only to find the Dog Whisperer on. I guess you have to love dogs to appreciate; I like dogs, 'had them all through my youth and even adult life, but I just think this show is one of the most boring shows and not up to par with what National Geographic stands for... or used to.

NEXT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,948,266 times
I hope it gets cancelled. He gives horrible advice and so many people follow his directions incorrectly. The moment he had a line of food, treats, beds, water with his name on it for dogs was the moment I thought he needs to retire. If he was such a good guy, he wouldn't have had flavored pet waters and food that was horrible.

What good dog trainer markets themselves like that? I am sure plenty of people bought into it but it was all a waste of money!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,251,816 times
I think Caesar Milan's dog training style is atrocious. I would NEVER have my dog trained by someone who employed his methods. I'm much more fond of Victoria Stillwell's methods.

There is much debate on what works (do a google search and you'll see). I just know which method has worked with my 4-legged fur child ... and it wasn't through my dominating my dog into submission. I don't think I could ever use that style to train my dog.

So in that regard ... I'm about ready for Caesar's 15-minutes to be up.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
I think Caesar Milan's dog training style is atrocious. I would NEVER have my dog trained by someone who employed his methods. I'm much more fond of Victoria Stillwell's methods.

There is much debate on what works (do a google search and you'll see). I just know which method has worked with my 4-legged fur child ... and it wasn't through my dominating my dog into submission. I don't think I could ever use that style to train my dog.

So in that regard ... I'm about ready for Caesar's 15-minutes to be up.
I agree. I like Victoria Stillwell much better - there are still methods she uses that I don't agree with, but she would never hurt a dog. I can't tell you how many people have come to my training classes or who surrendered their dog to the Humane Society who tried his approaches and failed.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:39 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,703,331 times
I love Dog Whisperer I also like Victoria Stillwell

Old 12-24-2010, 01:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times
Try fail because they don't follow his advice to the T. They also don't listen to well. Even he says to not try it by yourself, to get a professional. So why blame him for the idiocy of others.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Try fail because they don't follow his advice to the T. They also don't listen to well. Even he says to not try it by yourself, to get a professional. So why blame him for the idiocy of others.
He shouldn't have a show if he doesn't expect people to try his methods. They read his books too - and follow those methods and fail at those. When is it ever a good idea to make a dog fearful? NEVER. You don't hear about people trying Victoria Stillwell's methods and turning their dogs into the humane society because they can't fix a problem. Nor, do you get that from people watching the Monks of New Skete. He is just some guy that got lucky by befriending a celebrity so then he suddenly became an expert in dog training when he is clearly not interested in training dogs, but making money. His marriage ended because of that.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:23 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,703,331 times
In my opinion Caesar takes on much tougher dogs than Victoria. Many people have marriages that end and isn't just because of the way they handle dogs.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times
He doesn't make dogs fearful of him. He makes them respect him which is the way it should be. My dogs respect me. Most people let their dogs control them, should be the other way around.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:39 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,893,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
He is just some guy that got lucky by befriending a celebrity so then he suddenly became an expert in dog training when he is clearly not interested in training dogs, but making money. His marriage ended because of that.
Riiight, that's why he's got about a dozen dogs, because he isn't interested in training dogs at all. And I didn't realize you were privy to the intimate details of his private life, you must know him or his ex-wife really well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV