Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 01:58 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,163,024 times

Advertisements

Vytas & Aras are Hollywood kids. Their (maternal) grandfather, Macdonald Carey, was an actor, eventually spending 30-some years as the "main character" on General Hospital.

I don't get the Vytas love. I find him to be sleezy. A typical snake-oil salesman. As he kept "charming" the ladies ... I thought ... this is why so many women are perceived as being stupid. Oh, cute stories. But remember ladies. Dude was a druggie. And with that usually comes a high degree of ability in manipulation. I wouldn't trust a word he says. I'm not sure why they do. I mean, not after a day or two's acquaintance with him.

Personally, I'm rooting for the Tyson/Gervase pairing to go far. They, and Caleb, are the only people I'm liking. That is, with what seems an ability to win the game. I like the two daughters just fine ... but can't see them succeeding game-wise. Laura B. is pretty awkward socially, though I don't dislike her. I like John (which is surprising since I hated Candice on her original season) and Laura M. who are both on RI.

Tina's annoying. She's acting so entitled for some reason, though I liked her in the Outback. The only one I'm really hating on at the moment is Monica. So happy to see her arrogant, chauvinistic husband gone. Too bad she didn't follow him out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 02:36 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I think they did that kind of RI challenge to ensure that the woman would win - smaller people have better balance than big burly men. Just producers manipulating the way the show plays out.
They did that trick during the Men vs. Women survivor season as well, a bunch of balance competitions, and tried to play it up as some sort of dramatic event that the women's team beat the men's team. In reality they were manipulating the results. This one was so obvious with that simple puzzle as to be blatant.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,213,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I stand corrected. I thought he was Greek.
I think we crossed posted I got my info from wiki you know how good that can be some times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Vytas & Aras are Hollywood kids. Their (maternal) grandfather, Macdonald Carey, was an actor, eventually spending 30-some years as the "main character" on General Hospital.

I don't get the Vytas love. I find him to be sleezy. A typical snake-oil salesman. As he kept "charming" the ladies ... I thought ... this is why so many women are perceived as being stupid. Oh, cute stories. But remember ladies. Dude was a druggie. And with that usually comes a high degree of ability in manipulation. I wouldn't trust a word he says. I'm not sure why they do. I mean, not after a day or two's acquaintance with him.

Personally, I'm rooting for the Tyson/Gervase pairing to go far. They, and Caleb, are the only people I'm liking. That is, with what seems an ability to win the game. I like the two daughters just fine ... but can't see them succeeding game-wise. Laura B. is pretty awkward socially, though I don't dislike her. I like John (which is surprising since I hated Candice on her original season) and Laura M. who are both on RI.

Tina's annoying. She's acting so entitled for some reason, though I liked her in the Outback. The only one I'm really hating on at the moment is Monica. So happy to see her arrogant, chauvinistic husband gone. Too bad she didn't follow him out the door.
You're correct about most druggies usually can manipulate very well so this conflict between the 2 brothers could just be made up maybe? I did forget early on in this thread somebody said they were Hollywood rich kids. Time for me to focus on somebody else to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
They did that trick during the Men vs. Women survivor season as well, a bunch of balance competitions, and tried to play it up as some sort of dramatic event that the women's team beat the men's team. In reality they were manipulating the results. This one was so obvious with that simple puzzle as to be blatant.
Yes obvious but why not mix up the puzzle pieces at least not keep them in order in each bag.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM

37 posts, read 36,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Days of Our Lives.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,782,251 times
I couldn't believe the scene with Tina wanting V to be with her daughter, he definitely seems creepy!

Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,163,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCboot36 View Post
Days of Our Lives.
That's right ... wrong soap. My grandmother watched the both way back in the day ... so I "saw" them often, but didn't really watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
You're correct about most druggies usually can manipulate very well so this conflict between the 2 brothers could just be made up maybe? I did forget early on in this thread somebody said they were Hollywood rich kids. Time for me to focus on somebody else to win.
I don't know. I buy the conflict. They seem to be a classic case of perfect brother/screw-up brother. Plenty of room for conflict there. Especially given their privileged background, where I think it's more an issue.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,494,155 times
Do we really know they were privileged kids? That's just something someone assumed, that they were Hollywood rich kids, because they were brought up in Hollywood with an actor for a grandad. Lots of kids take drugs, rich or otherwise. I think this is a case of two brothers fiercely competing with each other from childhood and would have done so no matter what the circumstances of their upbringing.

And MacDonald Carey had six children to raise so might not have had time to spoil two maternal grandchildren.

But I agree, enough focus on them. I want to see the camera on others for a change. I am kind of tired hearing each talking about the other. They will either wind up being better friends or better enemies. Lets just get on with the game.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,213,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I couldn't believe the scene with Tina wanting V to be with her daughter, he definitely seems creepy!
I've read a couple of places on the web he is gay so Tina might be barking up the wrong tree. Then again he said he was a "ladies man" only I have gay friends that say that as well because they hang around with more ladies. There are some Yoga pictures of him wow he has an amazing body.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,201,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post

Did anyone notice that after 2 weeks of focus on Caleb (after him being invisible the beginning of the season) he was once again invisible this episode? I think that points to him sticking around for a while.

Some of these people get so little screen time you forget they are there.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:36 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,587,094 times
Brad Culpepper was on OMG Insider today, and Kevin Frasier was asking him how he could screw up the puzzle when all you had to do was count, and he said that when he turned 40, he found out he needed glasses, but he wasn't wearing them at the RI challenge, so he couldn't see the numbers on the puzzle pieces. Really? And this guy's a lawyer and can't come up with a better, more believable excuse than that? Puhleeze...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV