Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times

Advertisements

I was raised on a farm so I found this show interesting with a lot of eye candy to look at in the brothers on the farm. Can't believe that hasn't been a thread on this show on GAC.

Tonight is was sad their dad (parents divorced) put the original farm up for sale he wouldn't sell it to his sons a few years ago. It is run down now and dad wants the money to retire but priced it out of reach of his sons that really saddens me. At least dad could have cash cropped it to his sons and he would have retained ownership. Boys just wanted to keep it in the family for the next generations maybe when it comes back on next season dad won't have a buyer for the original farm yet.

The brothers reminded me when my dad would hire boys to help us bale hay in the summers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 AM

806 posts, read 2,341,102 times
I like the show and think it's wonderful that they all work hard together.

I didn't see the show about what you are talking about. What a jerk..

Old 09-06-2013, 10:14 AM

It was on last night the finale for season 2 I never knew about season 1 I just starting watching them this season.

This is so much better family reality show than the Kardashian family they actually work & make a difference in a lot of folks lives because of it. If my kids were still little I'd rather they watch the Kings type of show over the Kardashian's type. Now I do watch the K family it is a guilty pleasure at times but I know they don't add to society and flaunt their whole family for money.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Season 3 has started anybody watching? I have a peeve about Joe he is always coming up with all these "marketing" ideas then just telling the family to implement them. This season we have watched him being out of breath & shape trying to help Pete put up pig fencing. Plus he does this weight loss challenge for their community the winner gets a $500 gift card they can use at any of their markets. Well guess who gained weight while this challenge was going on?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Well season 3 has started I really like this show but hate the narrator they added this season. Reminds me of Dukes of Hazard.

Wish more farmers would get onto sustainable farming & selling it like this farm does all across the nation.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:45 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,600,707 times
What - station/channel/network/whatever it's called now - is it on? What night? I'd like to watch this!

Old 01-09-2014, 08:02 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
I had never heard of this show until reading this thread.

I watched the first episode on You Tube, where everybody and their roles in the family and businesses/farming is explained, but I can't find a season one, episode two - everything I'm finding jumps right into season two.

Was the one, first episode the entire season one? Or do I just need to keep looking for an episode two of season one?

As for the show, what an inspiring family - and what a bunch of great looking young men (be still, my heart).

(Edited to add: Never mind. I found an episode guide and it shows ten episodes in season one. I guess I need to keep looking.......)

Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
I know this family! My children spent summers on the farm with their Godmother. I haven't watched the show. And I won't. I just wanted to say I'm very happy for Lisa's success. After divorcing her husband, she has proven to be a master businesswoman in every aspect. Landing this show is just more of a tribute to her brainstorming and marketing abilities. She made gold out of hay. Freedom Farms is aptly named. Lisa's determination and success should be an inspiration to all women escaping nasty marriages.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
What - station/channel/network/whatever it's called now - is it on? What night? I'd like to watch this!
It is on GAC Great American Country on Thursday nights at 9pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I know this family! My children spent summers on the farm with their Godmother. I haven't watched the show. And I won't. I just wanted to say I'm very happy for Lisa's success. After divorcing her husband, she has proven to be a master businesswoman in every aspect. Landing this show is just more of a tribute to her brainstorming and marketing abilities. She made gold out of hay. Freedom Farms is aptly named. Lisa's determination and success should be an inspiration to all women escaping nasty marriages.
Why won't you watch it especially if you know the family personally? Lisa is pretty impressive what a great bunch of kids she has raised too.

My peeve is about Joe he brought in yet another 'crowd drawer' for the community and hardly anybody showed up. He tries all these side plans trying to make money off of everything which a business needs but he pushes it to far. He's a poor business manager needs to let mama do it.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Why won't you watch it especially if you know the family personally? Lisa is pretty impressive what a great bunch of kids she has raised too.
I don't want to be disappointed if it's not an accurate representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
My peeve is about Joe he brought in yet another 'crowd drawer' for the community and hardly anybody showed up. He tries all these side plans trying to make money off of everything which a business needs but he pushes it to far. He's a poor business manager needs to let mama do it.
He's young and learning.

And did it ever occur to you that they have to keep thinking up stuff to do for the reality show? That's the way reality shows work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV