Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 AM

578 posts, read 2,530,032 times

Advertisements

What's with Ellen and her over-reaction to the Iggy Scandal? She was disgusting; I thought she was going to say someone was dead, had been tragically mutilated, or something significant, then she comes out with that Iggy Was Taken!
She was also having trouble that week with her 'girlfriend' Portia DeRossi. So that is most likely where all those emotions & tears were really coming from. I used to like her; but she has become "full of herself" and its all about ME ME ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 AM

121 posts, read 315,639 times
I have to completely disagree with you. I don't see how anything Ellen does is about me, me, me. So she went a little overboard about Iggy, it's something she is passionate about. She made fun of herself for doing it too later that week. Anyway, this is old news. I love Ellen, she makes me laugh every single time I turn her show on and she is always helping people. Rock on Ellen!

Old 11-17-2007, 05:50 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,002,036 times
I also completely disagree with the original post. People become very emotional about pets. I definitely am very emotional about my pets. I loved Ellen for being so human.

I also noticed that the rescue organization kept saying things like "we're not going to let the likes of Ellen bully us". But they were the once behaving in a unilateral and bullying manner. Ellen was just asking for some reason and communication.

I actually volunteer in animal rescue and quite frankly, I just think they should have moved on to the next animal in need and left Iggy with a loving family.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:14 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,791,621 times
So she broke down and cried. At least she cared enough about it to have some emotions. I don't think the one incident means she's "losing it."

Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 PM

566 posts, read 604,081 times
She had a bad day...everyone has them. I know if something rotten happens in my personal it affects me at work. Her work just happens to be in the spotlight. Voicing it on national television is no different than the celebrities voiving their political views or religion.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:26 PM

... whenever a politician or celebrity becomes tearful in public, I see it and feel touched - then I turn on the TV and hear everyone making fun of them, or saying they've ended their career. That is when I start to feel that "the media" is out of touch or out to lunch. And I usually don't say things like that. Britney Spears is probably an exception, however.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:50 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,757 times
I disagree. She was upset about the dog and about those kids having the dog ripped away from them. Very sad.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
I also completely disagree with the original post. People become very emotional about pets. I definitely am very emotional about my pets. I loved Ellen for being so human.

I also noticed that the rescue organization kept saying things like "we're not going to let the likes of Ellen bully us". But they were the once behaving in a unilateral and bullying manner. Ellen was just asking for some reason and communication.

I actually volunteer in animal rescue and quite frankly, I just think they should have moved on to the next animal in need and left Iggy with a loving family.
Exactly - wonderfully stated.

I hardly watch the program but instead have watched a few episodes here or there over the past several years. I think she is usually quite hilarious and comes across as a genuinely nice person. I like that which I've seen of her.

I saw the episode where she cried about the rescue organization actions. Given what was shared and later followed-up about I think she got stuck with a process-oriented, by-the-book individual who made a very poor judgement call. It seemed like everything was finally cleared up in the end, but I bet if she hadn't made such a big deal about the situation on national TV there's the possibility that it would not have been rectified.

I related to Ellen on how she felt and it stinks but yet happens all too often that I've come across process-oriented people who won't listen to reason when it is really needed. A handful of such people in my life have told me the same thing on completely different occasions... "well if I/we make one exception for you, then we'll have to do it for everyone else"... and quite frankly to anyone who even thinks of using such a statement in their lives I think you haven't an ounce of empathy if you let those words ever escape your lips in a situation where you are indeed empowered to make a judgement call. There's a time for process, but there's also a time to be human.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Exactly - wonderfully stated.

I hardly watch the program but instead have watched a few episodes here or there over the past several years. I think she is usually quite hilarious and comes across as a genuinely nice person. I like that which I've seen of her.

I saw the episode where she cried about the rescue organization actions. Given what was shared and later followed-up about I think she got stuck with a process-oriented, by-the-book individual who made a very poor judgement call. It seemed like everything was finally cleared up in the end, but I bet if she hadn't made such a big deal about the situation on national TV there's the possibility that it would not have been rectified.

I related to Ellen on how she felt and it stinks but yet happens all too often that I've come across process-oriented people who won't listen to reason when it is really needed. A handful of such people in my life have told me the same thing on completely different occasions... "well if I/we make one exception for you, then we'll have to do it for everyone else"... and quite frankly to anyone who even thinks of using such a statement in their lives I think you haven't an ounce of empathy if you let those words ever escape your lips in a situation where you are indeed empowered to make a judgement call. There's a time for process, but there's also a time to be human.
Obviously I agree (since you were agreeing with me lol) but ... it was rectified? I didn't hear that, but I don't always keep up with everything.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
Obviously I agree (since you were agreeing with me lol) but ... it was rectified? I didn't hear that, but I don't always keep up with everything.
Yes it was all cleared up as the owners of the organization came forward (and actually on the air in another episode) and apologized for the mishap and thanked Ellen for bringing the issue forward to them so they improve their processes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV